R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Airtronics or Novak? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/36757-airtronics-novak.html)

tmeeks 03-28-2004 06:30 AM

Airtronics or Novak?

I have an Airtronics receiver (92237) that came with my Caliber 3PS. I also have a Novak XXL. Which one would you use?

pro3racer 03-28-2004 07:43 AM

Theres pro's and cons of both. The airtonics is bigger, so if you concerned about weight or limited space, then go with the novak. I find airtronic rx's to be very smooth, better than novak rx's, thats why on my losi i run the super micro rx, it is very small(basically the same size as a novak), but is smoother. With you, heres a little chart.
Airtronics- bigger, smoother
Novak-smaller, little less smooth.
Both have great support too! If you have both rx's on hand, try them, and see if you notice a difference.

h22ah 03-28-2004 08:20 AM

why dosn't novak make transmitters?.....they make just about everything else

pro3racer 03-28-2004 09:35 AM

There probably workin on it, they just came out with batteries, i would think a transmitter would be next, either that or a car. I think to come out with a transmitter is harder, there are soo many companies that people are hooked with, a new company making transmitters may be a bit harder than batteries.

Beeb 03-28-2004 03:26 PM

It'd be interesting to see a bright orange transmitter! :D

h22ah 03-28-2004 08:14 PM

Originally posted by Beeb
It'd be interesting to see a bright orange transmitter! :D
can't miss that in a pit area:D .........if they do alot of poeple will get them just for the novak name......i mean most everyone has al least something form novak .........both my reciver and esc is novak...so why not have a matcing trans.even if it is a bit inferior

DYNO94 03-30-2004 01:49 PM

Originally posted by pro3racer
Theres pro's and cons of both. The airtonics is bigger, so if you concerned about weight or limited space, then go with the novak. I find airtronic rx's to be very smooth, better than novak rx's, thats why on my losi i run the super micro rx, it is very small(basically the same size as a novak), but is smoother. With you, heres a little chart.
Airtronics- bigger, smoother
Novak-smaller, little less smooth.
Both have great support too! If you have both rx's on hand, try them, and see if you notice a difference.

How do you tell if a receiver is smoother, a speed I could understand but a receiver.:lol:

pro3racer 03-30-2004 02:24 PM

with steering, and how good the control is, which means that the radio is so glitch free, that when you turn the wheel, or hit the gas, theres no jurking, it's smooth. Also, you can go further. It's hard to explain it, it's more of a feel thing, if you get me.