Carisma RC Cars

Old 02-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Carisma RC Cars

Well, going away to TAFE in around a months time and thought I'd like to take an RC. All of mine are 1/10 scale and I'd rather not lug all the stuff I need for it around with me (on the train and such).
So I had a quick/little look around last night and decided to get a Carisma 1/14 car (Linky) from SPX. After buying and paying, I tried to find a little about them on the net but couldn't find anything.

So now I'm curious, do these guys (Carisma) have a website or anything? Anyone heard of the brand before or had/have one of these? Are they similar to HSP and the like (lower/cheaper end of the RC market)? Or, are they a rebrand?
Also, how do you guys think it would handle a brushless setup just running 7.2v nimh (to make the power controlable)?

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-17-2010, 07:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey there Ratsack!

Well, I personally just bought (30 minutes ago) a Carisma M14 Mercedes Benz SLR GT after reading this article on wired dot com called "mini-rc-car-club-project". It's about two different 1/14th Carisma R/C. Overall, it's a good read, since after reading it, I googled "Carisma 1/14th RC" and juste ordered on from MyHobbyStore.

However, the folks at Carisma doesn't seem to have a website, neither did I find any other valuable information about their product (reviews and such).

So, this is it, I am new to the R/C World. Can't wait to get my Mercedes Benz SLR GT, and drift it around the house. I will let you know when I get my hand on. Unfortunatly, I ordered from a UK sites and I had it shipped to Qc, Canada, so I have to wait a painfully long 10-14 days.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:39 AM
Tech Rookie

I cannot post URL's, but look for at the article on Wired, and you will find 2 other articles linked that discuess/review the 1/14th Carisma.

url-> wired(.)com/geekdad/2010/03/mini-rc-car-club-project/
Old 04-01-2010, 12:07 PM
Tech Rookie

well, I finally got my Carisma M14 last night, after almost 3 weeks of waiting. I live in Quebec, Canada and I ordered it from hobby Store in the UK. Well guess what!?

The batery charger plug is a UK one!! I couldn't use it!!!! Fortuinetaly, my local shop had a fast 15min charger and it all works freaking fast now! sweet I love it!
Old 04-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

You'll get more of a response if you post this in the MICRO AND MINI forum. There should be a thread there for carisma. In the US Sportwerks sold the Recoil which is basically the same car. If you look in the Recoil 1/14 thread, you'll find some information there about carisma also. Also, if you get this car and have access to the Recoil parts, they should be exactly the same parts.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

http://www.matoys.com/catalog/index.php

http://www.carisma.co.jp/index.html

That should help. I almost got into these myself. They've got some cool bodies. Just not alot of support for them here.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Carisma Club and Reviews

We've been beavering away at our Carisma club.

We'd really like some advice about tyres to use on pollished wood floors.

Thanks
Old 12-20-2010, 09:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by paulgovan
We've been beavering away at our Carisma club.

We'd really like some advice about tyres to use on pollished wood floors.

Thanks
Have you had any feedback regarding tyres? Are you running M14 or GT14 cars?