Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reedy Quasar Pro Discharge Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

Reedy Quasar Pro Discharge Question

Ok, I just got my Quasar Pro today, And I was going to discharge my pack first. I plug the charger in, adjust the settings, plug the clips onto the battery, then started the discharging. First, the fans came on then after 10 seconds, it started beeping and said the discharging was over. Is this right? I had a lot of juice in the battery as well. After that, I saw in the display that the voltage kept "jumping" around and increased, starting from around 7.418volts. Whats happening?
Old 03-27-2004, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

try making sure the number of cells is set right. Other than that dont sound good.
Old 03-27-2004, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

GReat charger i have had one for a year now.

First off the fans do that and its normal. I think they run off of a thermister thats should be set to a lower temp so the fans would just stay on for the whole charge or dischage. I find it annoying but dont worry its working properly..

Your packs resting voltage is no indication of its charge or discharge state. If you hit it with 20amp discharge watch the voltage it will drop down till the pack hits 0.9volts per cell or 5.4volts for the pack. Then the discharging stops, a few minutes later the pack will equilize and its voltage will rise back up to a resting voltage in the area of 7.2volts.

Go ahead and charge you pack now its safe to.
Old 03-27-2004, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Reedy Quasar Pro Discharge Question

Originally posted by DOMOisCOOL
Ok, I just got my Quasar Pro today, And I was going to discharge my pack first. I plug the charger in, adjust the settings, plug the clips onto the battery, then started the discharging. First, the fans came on then after 10 seconds, it started beeping and said the discharging was over. Is this right? I had a lot of juice in the battery as well. After that, I saw in the display that the voltage kept "jumping" around and increased, starting from around 7.418volts. Whats happening?
did you.
set how many cells.
what cutoff voltage.
when the batts are discharged the will 'charge' after.
its natural.
Old 03-27-2004, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

First off, I put it on discharge mode.

I set at 6CL. Put at 5mv cut off.

Right now, im trying the cycling mode. Seems to be working. The voltage is going down. It says theres about 28:04 left. What does that mean?
Old 03-27-2004, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

Thats probably the delay before it starts charging.
Old 03-27-2004, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by DOMOisCOOL
First off, I put it on discharge mode.

I set at 6CL. Put at 5mv cut off.

Right now, im trying the cycling mode. Seems to be working. The voltage is going down. It says theres about 28:04 left. What does that mean?

The 28:04 is the time of the charge or the time of the discharge. ITs counting up not down. Typically for a 3300 pack at 6amps it will take 30-40minutes to charge. If you are cycling the time is there just for your info so you can tell how long its been running. ITs good info on race day if your charging packs and away from your pits. When you come back you can look at the timer to see how long its been charging.
Old 03-27-2004, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

cool. It was counting down actually, while it was discharging. Then when that was done, its counting up right now.

Thanks for your help guys.
Old 03-27-2004, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Whenever its counting down thats the delays between charging and discarging in the cycle mode.
Old 03-27-2004, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

What are the delays for? I have it set at 30 min and thats too much time when I will be racing.
Old 03-27-2004, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

The delays are for letting the pack cool when cycling. I wouldnt worry about it Ive never used the cycle mode while racing Its kind of useless cycling packs just puts worthless cycles on them.
Old 03-27-2004, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry i forgot about the delay, i always set it to zero on this charger and my T35.
Old 03-27-2004, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Alright, I have a sad update. Looks like that pack I was charging/cycling, is dead. I tried discharging my other pack, and it worked perfectly.
Old 03-27-2004, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default Quasar Pro

I had a wierd thing happen today at the track. I was charging a pack and it was about 20 or more minutes into the charge and I heard this beeping, and the screen said "Input voltage 10v error" not too sure that's exactly the wording but I tried to re charge that pack and kept getting that message. The pack was warm to touch and it seemed fine but I had to finish the charge on another charger. Has anyone had that problem? I would appreciate any information. By the way it seemed to do this on older packs.......one one set of newer packs it seemed to charge just fine.
Old 03-27-2004, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Speediephatt Do you use any of the features in the charger otehr than charging? Like the discharge mode, cycling etc. I just got one today and don't know where to start at. Also Where u set ur Mv like 5mv And what would be the difference in Raising and loweringThanks. I had a charger before this a millenium pro but my friend set everything when i first started (2 years ago) and I never touched that setting again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.