which brushless setup should i use?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

which brushless setup should i use?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 09:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Default which brushless setup should i use?

I'm looking to buy a brushless setup, but i don't know what to get... i'm looking to get speeds of about 50mph, but only spend about $150. if you can point me in the right direction as to which setup i should use including motor, ESC, and battery pack, i would really appreciate it. i have an on-road 1/10th scale HPI E10.
thanks for reading, and thanks in advanced for your help!
Old 02-02-2010, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

For that price range I would recommend the EZRun 60A and 5.5T motor, and a few Zippy 4000mah packs. You should be able to get all of it for $150 plus shipping.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:42 AM
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

do yourself a favor, let a mamba max pro and maybe a used motor you will not regret
Old 02-03-2010, 12:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Look for something sensored if you like low speed driveability. Perhaps the Novak Havoc Sport..
Old 02-03-2010, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If you dont mind getting a used motor and only 1 battery for your price range then the MMpro is definitely a great choice. But dont think that you need a fancy sensored setup to get good driveability. Todays sensorless systems are plenty smooth and will give you all the low speed driving you can stand. I personally think Castle products are top notch, but for all the extra money all you are truly getting in return is good customer support should anything bad happen.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

How about starting your rc hobby off right. Change your goal. 50mph ? Why? MOST of our racing will rarely, if ever, allow you to reach that speed. Even if you have electronics that would allow it...it's doubtful a stock E-10 would ever take the strain and , more importantly, at those speeds you better know how to drive well because a screw up will most likely do some damage.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Evoracer
How about starting your rc hobby off right. Change your goal. 50mph ? Why? MOST of our racing will rarely, if ever, allow you to reach that speed. Even if you have electronics that would allow it...it's doubtful a stock E-10 would ever take the strain and , more importantly, at those speeds you better know how to drive well because a screw up will most likely do some damage.
i appreciate your advice, ive read up on the E10, and like you say, they cant handle that type of speed. for that reason, i will be looking into reaching speeds up to about 35-40mph. thanks again!