R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Whats best for mod ??? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/366438-whats-best-mod.html)

mark williams 02-01-2010 09:50 AM

Whats best for mod ???

Hi guys im hopeing you can help me make my mind up what i should be buying?

i currently run my 416we in 10.5t X11 brushless with a LRP SPX stock spec which is fast..:nod:

however i quite fancy moving up to mod prob around 4.0-5.0t

my question is do i really need to change my SPX for a better esc ie the SXX TC spec or will the SPX really be ok, it says it can run 3.5t has anyone tried it?
also i just havnt a clue what is the best motor to use, i was thinking speed passion or the LRP X12 can anyone shed any of the pro's and cons for these motors

thanks in advance for your replies :)

Danny-b23 02-01-2010 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by mark williams (Post 6939655)
Hi guys im hopeing you can help me make my mind up what i should be buying?

i currently run my 416we in 10.5t X11 brushless with a LRP SPX stock spec which is fast..:nod:

however i quite fancy moving up to mod prob around 4.0-5.0t

my question is do i really need to change my SPX for a better esc ie the SXX TC spec or will the SPX really be ok, it says it can run 3.5t has anyone tried it?
also i just havnt a clue what is the best motor to use, i was thinking speed passion or the LRP X12 can anyone shed any of the pro's and cons for these motors

thanks in advance for your replies :)

From my personal experience and what I've heard on this forum and others, the Speed Passion motors have a lot of torque. With 13.5 I'm gearing at a slightly lower FDR to get the same top speed as the drivers running the Duo2, Nemesis, and the LRP X12; but I still have the same amount or more rip in the infield.

Dane 02-01-2010 12:46 PM

For most tracks a 3.5t with the newer escs would be insane fast. I'd either give a 3.5 a try with what you have or upgrade your ESC and see how the 10.5 feels to you.

For 17.5/13.5 anyway I've heard the X12 is pretty nice and is a tad faster than the Duo2, SpeedPassion etc. All of the other motors (besides the X12) are basically the same. Again, this is what I've heard coming from a 17.5 and 13.5 background.

Owen RaCing 02-01-2010 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Dane (Post 6940403)
For most tracks a 3.5t with the newer escs would be insane fast. I'd either give a 3.5 a try with what you have or upgrade your ESC and see how the 10.5 feels to you.

For 17.5/13.5 anyway I've heard the X12 is pretty nice and is a tad faster than the Duo2, SpeedPassion etc. All of the other motors (besides the X12) are basically the same. Again, this is what I've heard coming from a 17.5 and 13.5 background.

The stock spec X12 is fast in stock. The old one was not.