Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
RC Mart problem, need imput asap. >

RC Mart problem, need imput asap.

RC Mart problem, need imput asap.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:31 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default RC Mart problem, need imput asap.

1st time ordering with them personally and so far not impressed.

I have ordered from a few other HK shops and had no problems at all.

This sounds like a scam to me so I figured I would post it to see if anyone else has had to go through these extra steps?

BTW- The order was paid for via paypal ( im verified) so I am not sure why I would be required to summit the request?

any imput would be great with anyone who has dealt with this store before.

See attached:

Thanks for your purchase at rcmart.com! Your order has been accepted and we are ready to ship it to you. However, our current policy requires customer to provide an approved address for their first purchase with credit card related payment methods.

- Telephone/mobile bill,
- Water Bill,
- Student ID,
-Driver licence etc.

These are all accepted ONLY if they are under your own name.
When your document is ready, please do not hesitate to either fax or email to (+852)35860488 or [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] respectively. As soon as your information is confirmed, we will pack and ship your order right away.

Please kindly forgive if this causes you any inconvenience.
We are looking forwards to serve you again!

Customers Service Department
Old 01-31-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'd paypal dispute get my money back an tell em too F... O..
You've paid etc an ordered what more do they need?????

Sounds like a scam too sell off ya info too some spam place or some s@*t

that's y I'd rather pay a bit extra an order from stormers etc
no hassles or head F@@ks
Old 01-31-2010, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

That's standard procedure from RCmart for first orders. I guess it is just another way for them to protect themselves from scams. All following orders from you will be straightforward.

You have to remember RCMart is the biggest RC store in the world, check out their stats if you're curious. That means over 1million customers per year, so a lot of opportunity for scammers.

Follow the procedure and you'll see. I have dealt with them for a number of years now and am quite happy with their bussiness.

They now have a US based website, and I think a US phone number you can call, so go right ahead and give them a phone if you're still unhappy, and they'll explain why they need all that info.

And no, they don't pass on your info at all. I have never received any unsolicited emails/spam or whatever else from RCMart (or scammers) after I gave them all my details.

Remember that to open an electricity (power) account in some countries you need to go through the same ID procedure (at least in Australia you have to anyway). It is just a procedure to positively ID you, so your credit card doesn't get stolen by someone who starts placing orders with it on RCMart website, in which case they would lose the merchandise and you would lose the money.

RCMart also has a thread in the commercial section of the forum and you can go there and ask or read if the question has already been answered.

Last edited by niznai; 01-31-2010 at 07:49 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've ordered from them twice within a span of 3 weeks, and everything was delivered as ordered.

No complaints from me.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

I have ordered from them before. This was the same thing the first time I ordered. The orders I made after you do not need to do that again.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

RCmart best ship fast is price low.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Arrow Hi107

It was really neat!
Old 01-31-2010, 08:01 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I called them direct and spoke to a guy that can speak pretty good english.. I told him I would not be sending in any of the required info as I paid via paypal and am verified. After I confirmed my address with him ( I made him read it back to me as well) and he said he would approve it and send out my parcel.

We shall see...

I am all for supporting local and/or North American shops but sometimes the HK shops just have these cool little trinkets we cannot seem to get over here anywhere.... Come one who doesnt want lead weight that looks like graphite or shims and nuts in every possible color and thickness...
Old 01-31-2010, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Korgae

I am all for supporting local and/or North American shops but sometimes the HK shops just have these cool little trinkets we cannot seem to get over here anywhere.... Come one who doesnt want lead weight that looks like graphite or shims and nuts in every possible color and thickness...
Not to mention the prices.

Just to give you some perspective on the bussiness of RCmart last year, Canada was second place with over 200K orders placed with RCmart, after the US (over 500k orders). Third was Brazil (above 200k orders as well) and fourth was Australia (over 100K orders). RCMart is listed on the stock exchange and that's where you can find all these stats. They have a stock of over 6mil dollars at any one time. How many other shops can offer such a bussiness guarantee? Rest assured, they are in this bussiness to stay and based on my past experience with them, they will look after you.

Also, remember most scams start by people approaching you out of the blue and requesting info about you. With RCMart, you approached them and they are just applying their policy (which they do with everybody). This is actually an extra guarantee for you that goods can not be purchased and sent to another address but your own.

So don't feel bad about ordering overseas. Everybody does it even if they don't like it very much (or even lie about it). Free market rules much as we would like to think or pretend otherwise.

Last edited by niznai; 02-02-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Mate, trust rcmart

In australia, our LHS are ridiculous in price, availability and the service is pretty poor at the best of times. I therefore do 98% of my hobby shopping overseas.

RCMART has been helping me with my racing since i started, with extremely good prices, very fast delivery (4 days to deliver an SCX10) and i don't have a single qualm against them.

Hope this helps put your mind at ease.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

rcmart is my favorite place for all things Tamiya...

Funny though, I've never had to go through this procedure on my first order...

Contact rcmart on rctech to see if it's legit. I've never heard of such thing. Frankly, any "big" store with a @gmail, @yahoo, @somefreeemailservice makes me a bit nervous...

Just do a search for rcmart or dinball. Or you can contact them directly off their website...

Just want to let you know that rcmart/dinball is a really great store. Their prices are super competitive, and they carry the most stock out of any HK-based hobby shop...
Old 02-02-2010, 11:43 PM
Tech Addict

They do this procedure for first time buyers to ensure that their identity is correct. Great for security I would say. When you have faxed them a copy of your phone bill or similar they will process your order. For later orders this will not happen.

Great shop BTW with a huge offering and OK prices...

Old 02-03-2010, 05:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Had the same problem with them

Had to call them as I sent them a PDF
of my back statement which was not
good enough so it took two calls and a
few weeks waiting

and when it arrived there was a 9551 missing
micro dsm2 rx and others

Which I still have not recived

Anyway have a look trough my posts

but I will never order from dimball again

p.s this was not my first order but my last
Old 02-04-2010, 06:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I just placed an order for 260.00 with them on Monday and it was the first ever with them. I was not asked for any info other than what I gave when I registered. I paid by Paypal if that makes a difference. On Tuesday I got an e-mail telling me that my order would be processed in 3 business days. Later in the day on Tuesday I recieved another e-mail telling me the order was completed without any backorders. I was amazed how quick they processed it. Wednesday morning I got an e-mail telling me my order shipped and was given a tracking number. My order will arrive at my house in New York on Saturday. Thats less than a week!! You can't ask for more than that coming from overseas.

Hopefully all goes well so I can finally finish my new car this weekend while I am snowed in.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by djmike
I just placed an order for 260.00 with them on Monday and it was the first ever with them. I was not asked for any info other than what I gave when I registered. I paid by Paypal if that makes a difference. On Tuesday I got an e-mail telling me that my order would be processed in 3 business days. Later in the day on Tuesday I recieved another e-mail telling me the order was completed without any backorders. I was amazed how quick they processed it. Wednesday morning I got an e-mail telling me my order shipped and was given a tracking number. My order will arrive at my house in New York on Saturday. Thats less than a week!! You can't ask for more than that coming from overseas.

Hopefully all goes well so I can finally finish my new car this weekend while I am snowed in.
You must had paid the extra for shipping
I just placed my order too and no extra question ask,this my first time as well...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.