Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Professional 1:10 touring >

Professional 1:10 touring

Professional 1:10 touring

Old 01-31-2010, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Default Professional 1:10 touring

Just wanted to ask you guys to compare professional touring cars (Xray,Asso,TRF,HPI Cyclone,... ).I am still very new to this sport and I will start competing this year in my local club.I will be using a Xray T1R so I would like to know how these cars compare against each other,their good and bad sides,...
Old 01-31-2010, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UrabusDenis
Just wanted to ask you guys to compare professional touring cars (Xray,Asso,TRF,HPI Cyclone,... ).I am still very new to this sport and I will start competing this year in my local club.I will be using a Xray T1R so I would like to know how these cars compare against each other,their good and bad sides,...
They are all good cars imo. Each one just has different strong points.

Xray- maybe one of the most durable cars,(especially the 008/009).Amazing diffs, once you build one it will be a little while before you rebuild it. Great fit/ finish of all parts. And I rarely break them, and they haul the mail. My personal fav is a tossup between Xray and TRF. A bit spendy for a beginner.

Ass- good car, great car for the price point (i believe this is the least expensive of all the cars). Cost of parts is lower, but things like the diff won't last as long between rebuilds. You have to think a bit more while assembling. Like putting longer screws in the suspension arm pickups.

TRF- the lastest cars are pretty sick. Lots of bling, and when set up haul the mail. Diffs and rebuilds are more frequent than xray. But very capable car. Also THE most expensive.

Cyclone- Liked my surikarn alot, Just didn't like the diffs as much. And when diffs and shocks are the most serviced parts on an electric. Cutting out things to work on is nice. good natural steering etc. I look forward to the next revision of this car. The price point on this car is also good for what you get

Hope this helps.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Xray-Fast very good cars but expensive. Also very fragile
TC5-Fast also very good a little cheaper and more durable.
I only have driven these two.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Thanks

I can get a "From Slovakia with love" T2 008 () for a cheaper price from my club and it will probably be my next move but I will stay with the T1R for a while , just to learn.My losses at the beginning won't be because of an old car but because of a lack of driving skills
Old 01-31-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UrabusDenis
Thanks

I can get a "From Slovakia with love" T2 008 () for a cheaper price from my club and it will probably be my next move but I will stay with the T1R for a while , just to learn.My losses at the beginning won't be because of an old car but because of a lack of driving skills
Yeah, the 008 is a great car. I didn't bother getting the 009 as it was very similar. LOL, Gotta edit that now.

Xray breaking easy? lol What did you manage to break? In 6 years I have broken like 3 arms, I think the most I broke was running T1 cars. and..... oh, the T1 series I would DNF cause of the shock ends popping off. But that was fixed a LONG time ago.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Xray more fragile then the TC5 O.K.

I run two T2 007's and love them..TC5's arm's and c-hubs are braking all the time where I race...Xray's are like driving tanks that haul a#$

my 2 Lincon's
Old 01-31-2010, 10:57 PM
Tech Regular

i use a T2 008, and as the pros here in sweden said that the 008 is quite easier then the 009 to setup. dont know why really. but i would put some money on a xray for your next buy. i know i will I will probably get a T3 next season.

www.andrefossto.wordpress.com
Old 01-31-2010, 11:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Bryan Kendall
Xray-Fast very good cars but expensive. Also very fragile
TC5-Fast also very good a little cheaper and more durable.
I only have driven these two.
Your a retard. Xray make the most durable touring cars around. You must know some hacks if they are breaking Xrays easily... I have had a Fk05, T2'008, T2R Pro and a T3 and i have replaced 2 arms, 1 steering knuckle and 1 rear toe block over all 4 cars in 3 years.

Also one of the guys who runs the TC5 here locally does go through some parts which are cheaper but more durable than xray, your dreaming.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah
Your a retard. Xray make the most durable touring cars around. You must know some hacks if they are breaking Xrays easily... I have had a Fk05, T2'008, T2R Pro and a T3 and i have replaced 2 arms, 1 steering knuckle and 1 rear toe block over all 4 cars in 3 years.

Also one of the guys who runs the TC5 here locally does go through some parts which are cheaper but more durable than xray, your dreaming.
Whoooaaa, settle pettle no need to get nasty, he is entitled to his opinion and there is no need to get so defensive.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I find the cyclone, apart from the diffs, to be very very strong, have a huge box of spares which I bought when I got the car rarely need them.

So + 1 for the Cyclone.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Losi Type R, parts availability!