Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Michal101-LTNS my man how ya been.

To new customers not knowing Tekin all that well I will share with you some of the "COOL" Features not stressed in this Forum.

Tekin G-10.Not only a VERY high quality esc but also a ESC that has a built in Fuse on board.It's a solder fuse and if it EVER stops working make sure there is a soldered connection on the Fuse.If not add some solder and Presto it should be working again with no problems.VERY cool feature that doesnt need to be sent in to be fixed.Just be careful and clean with the solder.

BC112C charger's.For those NOT knowing this charger is simply wayyy too cool.The BC112A being a DC charger will actually plug into the BACK of the BC112C being the AC/DC charger so you can actually piggyback them.It's got a big enough power supply to run both chargers.If you already own a DC charger you can modify the plug on your charger to fit and run it off the BC112C.
This feature isnt stressed on enough and makes this charger one of a kind.

JohnB thanks for the great pics to show guys the ACTUAL size of how a G-10 Compares to a GT7 with cap.I think he will really like the performance of the G10.It's nice to have everything INSIDE the esc for once.lol.

Goodluck Racing guys and enjoy Tekin Being Back.I know I am.
Les
Old 07-30-2004, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by TexRacer
Michal101-LTNS my man how ya been.

To new customers not knowing Tekin all that well I will share with you some of the "COOL" Features not stressed in this Forum.

Tekin G-10.Not only a VERY high quality esc but also a ESC that has a built in Fuse on board.It's a solder fuse and if it EVER stops working make sure there is a soldered connection on the Fuse.If not add some solder and Presto it should be working again with no problems.VERY cool feature that doesnt need to be sent in to be fixed.Just be careful and clean with the solder.

BC112C charger's.For those NOT knowing this charger is simply wayyy too cool.The BC112A being a DC charger will actually plug into the BACK of the BC112C being the AC/DC charger so you can actually piggyback them.It's got a big enough power supply to run both chargers.If you already own a DC charger you can modify the plug on your charger to fit and run it off the BC112C.
This feature isnt stressed on enough and makes this charger one of a kind.

JohnB thanks for the great pics to show guys the ACTUAL size of how a G-10 Compares to a GT7 with cap.I think he will really like the performance of the G10.It's nice to have everything INSIDE the esc for once.lol.

Les
The new Tekin owners are working towards improving the speedos. It's a good esc for all types of racing. With little improvements they will be up at the top again.
Old 07-30-2004, 09:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'd like to see:

A BC112A and C with voltage threshold adjustment for peak detection.

A separate Motor Run up/Break in box with a RPM sensor

A New charger/discharger with Turbo 35 features but without the motor run feature. A separate motor run in tool is better so you don't tie up your charger.
Old 07-30-2004, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by AdrianM
I'd like to see:

A New charger/discharger with Turbo 35 features but without the motor run feature. A separate motor run in tool is better so you don't tie up your charger.

In a smaller package Please!
Old 07-30-2004, 09:53 AM
Tech Champion

The T35 is big because of the heatsink inside. With layered boards and surface mount components the electronics package of a T35 would fit in a BC112a case but the heatsink would still have to be huge to dissipate the heat of a 6 cell pack being dumped at 30 amps.

One more thing. Put a voltage rectifyer in the BC112's so they can charge 8 cell TX packs off of a 12V power supply. Right now my 112 will throw an error code if the TX pack voltage gets higher then the supply voltage.
Old 07-30-2004, 11:26 PM
Tech Elite

I talked to Jim at Tekin about changing the voltage threshold. That requires a software change, but that won't be in the works for a little while.
Old 07-31-2004, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by AdrianM
I'd like to see:

Hey Adrian,

I agree with you on the peak detection but the 112C models with the newer software have a different voltage threshold peak detection already.

For example:
Profile "P" is .03 or less
Profile "P1" is .03 to .04
Profile "P2" is .06 to .08

But, a user interface with direct adjustments would not be a bad idea.

Mike
Old 07-31-2004, 09:07 PM
Tech Champion

I will get a new BC112A very shortly but how long will it be before we see all new stuff from Tekin?
Old 08-01-2004, 12:30 AM
Tech Elite

You will have to talk or email Tekin about that. They have a forum on their site.
Old 08-01-2004, 09:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

their site, where?
Old 08-01-2004, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by rcsabah
their site, where?
You can just click on the link from Neil's or my posts.

But, it is www.teamtekin.com

Good luck!
Old 08-01-2004, 02:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by TexRacer

Les
Race the G10 in 12th scale last night. Performance was awesome. .
Tried a lot of different settings and ended up with Throttle at 3 and Limit 2 at 30. I was able to run a PT 10x1 for 10 minutes in practice!!! That was even using full throttle a lot and not trying to baby the throttle like was I was going to dump at 7:30
Throttle response is silky smooth.

take care
john
Old 08-04-2004, 11:45 AM
Suspended

John B.,

How does the G-10 Pro compare to other speedos you have used? How well did it handle the heat from a 10 turn? Did you have any problems with brake fade? Thanks for any replies!
Old 08-04-2004, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I'm glad Tekin's back. A few weeks ago, my Keyence Zero Extreme-V started shutting down in the middle of a race. My car would just stop for no reason, then after a couple of seconds it would run again???

I decided to take the Keyence out and throw in my old Tekin G-12cIII. That was one of the best moves I've made. I race stock TC (Yokomo SD Black), and the Tekin actually feels like it has more torque. Sure it's larger, and heavier with heat sinks but it works, it's smooth and it doesn't die in the middle of a race.

My worst R/C decision was selling my G-10 Pro. Sell it back Isaac!!!

My next purchase... Tekin G10 Pro!
Old 08-04-2004, 01:56 PM
Tech Champion

If you set the Keyence to the same drive freq at the Tekin it will have the same torque...but lets not get into this here. The Tekin ECS are like P-51 Mustangs and Keyences are like F-22 Raptors. They were the best of their time but its not fair to make comparisons.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.