Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 08:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

There are my equipment. Pro4, Yokomo T-Max 23T LR, gear ratio 5.88, GP3300. The G10pro have very smooth throttle with fairly cool after run, high power output fm middle to end than another high-end esc (I have 5 ESC).

If u feel your car not enough power output with new motor , new cell, just try it or u may be get supprise.
Old 06-09-2004, 09:07 AM
Suspended

Default G-10 Pro ESC

It's good to hear that you like yours. I have one in my Associated 2wd buggy. I run mine with motors as low as 10 turns. I have several other top end speedos (Cyclone '99, a Tekin G-12cIII and an original G-10) and the G-10 "Pro" just seems to be the most awesome. You're right about the high power output. I do like the adjustability that I have with the Cyclone (along with my Pit Wizard), but the "Pro" is alot easier and quicker to setup. I've been using mine off and on for about 4 1/2 years and it still performs flawlessly. One thing that I really like about the Tekins is that they have the solder drop fuse for total protection. I had a problem over the weekend with a cheap machine wound armature that shorted out. I normally used hand wound motors, but I wanted something to play around with. It didn't hurt the Cyclone or my battery pack, but the ESC was really warm because of it. If I'd been using the "Pro" at the time the overload protection would've kicked in. I guess I'll have to switch back to my trusty "Pro". Take it easy and have fun!
Old 07-27-2004, 04:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default G-10 in 12th scale

I thought I'd post a little about putting this speed control in my son and I's 12th scales. I wasn't sure how they would work, but couldn't be happier. First the size turned out to be no problem. It fit great on the 12L4 and my 12L3. The L3 was little different because of more cut outs in the chassis, but angling it a few degrees gives plenty of room to double side tape it down.
Here's a picture of it in the 12L3.
Attached Thumbnails Tekin-12l3-tekin-g-10.jpg  
Old 07-27-2004, 04:44 PM
Tech Addict

Default G-10 in 12th scale

The other big concern (as always with 12th scale) was balancing the chassis left to right. As this picture shows. No a problem either.

I'll give a report after the race next Saturday. Before I was running a LRP comp and my son a GT-7. So we'll have a great comparison to the other top of the line equipment.

take care
john
Attached Thumbnails Tekin-12l4-balanced.jpg  
Old 07-27-2004, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

Oh yea. The reports above about the setup are 100% true. I didn't think setup for a speed control could be so easy.
Why are these others so tedious and take tools to do? The buttons stick up enough to get even big fingers on and soldering is wonderful with the post. No little holes to cram the wire in.
With the report 350 or 360 some forward steps, I don't think smoothness will be problems .

take care
john
Old 07-27-2004, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

if they can make a 1/12 size so it more the size of the GT-7 i think it would be great.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:21 PM
Tech Addict

Actually it's smaller than the GT-7 with the capacitor you have to run with it.

take care
john
Attached Thumbnails Tekin-g-10-%3D-g-7-size.jpg  
Old 07-27-2004, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by JohnB
Actually it's smaller than the GT-7 with the capacitor you have to run with it.

take care
john
then thing is i can place the capacitor any where if i run one at all.
Old 07-28-2004, 05:51 AM
Tech Addict

Yes you can. Nice to have mobil weight, but it's still gotta be there. I the picutre with the GT-7 the cap shoe goo'ed to the side. Had it crammed in behind the servo.

take care
john
Old 07-28-2004, 06:48 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

The G-10 is a little bigger than some esc's but that is not really a problem for most of us. The fact that it is so easy to program and use is the major bonus. I can program it within seconds and never need some 75 extra piece of equipment to do so like alot of other speedo's need plus that is just one more thing to go wrong.

The G-10 was ahead of the times back in the day and actually still is because of the user friendly programing. I have 3 of these speedos and one I just picked up is new and was never used. Even the new Tekin G-10 that they are selling again now is a steal at the price they want for it. For those on a budget but want high end stuff this is a great esc for you.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:16 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by wyd
The G-10 is a little bigger than some esc's but that is not really a problem for most of us. The fact that it is so easy to program and use is the major bonus. I can program it within seconds and never need some 75 extra piece of equipment to do so like alot of other speedo's need plus that is just one more thing to go wrong.

The G-10 was ahead of the times back in the day and actually still is because of the user friendly programing. I have 3 of these speedos and one I just picked up is new and was never used. Even the new Tekin G-10 that they are selling again now is a steal at the price they want for it. For those on a budget but want high end stuff this is a great esc for you.
I totally agree that the G-10 was ahead of it's time. It's still the easiest ESC to program and can still kick butt. For me the most awesome feature is the self test mode. How does it compare to other ESCs that you have owned? Thanks!
Old 07-29-2004, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

So who is selling the G10's? I can't find them anywhere. I need a backup for the G10 pro.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Tekin is just starting to ship products out.
They'll start popping up in hobby shops everywhere.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by wyd
I have 3 of these speedos and one I just picked up is new and was never used.
Do you run on road or off? Either way, what throttle setting and Lim2 have you been using?

take care
john
Old 07-30-2004, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by forty6
So who is selling the G10's? I can't find them anywhere. I need a backup for the G10 pro.
Here you go!

http://www.hobbyshopper.com/tekin.html

They have a few new Tekin products for sale.

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.