Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have a question. Some guys here probably have ran both.

What ESC do you like better and why?

The Tekin G11 or the Ko Propo VF1.

I am looking to get a new esc that has the adjustable freq.
Currently I run a G10 and G10pro+.
I have ran GM and Novaks in the past.
Looking at running roar stock 27t and mabuchi classes.

Any input would greatly be appreciated.
If I could afford both I would, I can only save up for 1.

Jeff
Old 01-12-2006, 02:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm currently running the G-11pro I really like it,it gives great adjustability and seems to have a really good punchy feeling for stock which is what you want in that class.I haven't tried any of the ko propo stuff yet but probably will later in the year.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by A-Ko
I have a question. Some guys here probably have ran both.

What ESC do you like better and why?

The Tekin G11 or the Ko Propo VF1.

I am looking to get a new esc that has the adjustable freq.
Currently I run a G10 and G10pro+.
I have ran GM and Novaks in the past.
Looking at running roar stock 27t and mabuchi classes.

Any input would greatly be appreciated.
If I could afford both I would, I can only save up for 1.

Jeff
I have a Novak GTX, KO PROPO VFS-1 and a Tekin G11 PRO. I like the G11Pro the best because of the very smooth feel, next is the GTX then the VFS1.
I also like the fact that I don't need a diode and a capacitor to run my 8x1 DC Ti3 Motors Never gets hot and throttle feel is always consistent and smooth.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FBJ's RDX
I have a Novak GTX, KO PROPO VFS-1 and a Tekin G11 PRO. I like the G11Pro the best because of the very smooth feel, next is the GTX then the VFS1.
I also like the fact that I don't need a diode and a capacitor to run my 8x1 DC Ti3 Motors Never gets hot and throttle feel is always consistent and smooth.
I could understand needing something that smooth for mod racing... what about stock.. what have you experienced? Thanks for the response.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Tekin just gives RAW power but in a linear and smooth way, so controllable, you can 'FEEL' the throttle a lot easier, not something that is easy to do running stock.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

i have tried alot of brands... Keyence Rapida, Novak GTX, Mtroniks Cirrus PRO, currently a Ko HARA Twister 2.1... but i sure miss my Tekin G10 and G11... it has a different feel... well, the twister i can say has a better feel but it ain't durable as Tekin makes it. its only a month old and i'm having problems when i run modified
Old 01-14-2006, 09:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by A-Ko
I could understand needing something that smooth for mod racing... what about stock.. what have you experienced? Thanks for the response.
You can set the G11PRO to suit whatever you need for stock racing, mostly throttle freqs are set to the lowest for more punch and you can also set the LIM (limiter) to MAX to take advantage of the power that the ESC gives. I am pretty much sure that you will like this ESC for as long as you dont mind that footprint but hey, we use this ESC for it's performance advantages.
Old 01-16-2006, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Hey all,

Finally got my G11 and I'm wondering what frequency setups I should use ? I'm running 19T indoors at the moment (carpet/rubber) but will move to 19T outdoors on rubber again, and also do a bit of modified racing. Not sure whether to change the frequency between indoors and outdoors. What's your take, especially team drivers.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
Hey all,

Finally got my G11 and I'm wondering what frequency setups I should use ? I'm running 19T indoors at the moment (carpet/rubber) but will move to 19T outdoors on rubber again, and also do a bit of modified racing. Not sure whether to change the frequency between indoors and outdoors. What's your take, especially team drivers.
In my own experience with 19t, when the car has a great setup I can use the lowest frequency without pushing out on corner exit. But with a less disireable setup, I've had to increase the frequency anywhere from 3250 to 6250.

I'm also interested to know what the team drivers use.