Tekin

Old 12-15-2005, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

teetwo, it isn't realy something to worry about, just ensure you set the servo and the transmitter up correctly so the servo doesn't stall on the steering endstops.

With the system in the G11, it allows the servo to operate quicker, but with all things that give an edge, you have to ensure that the everything is set right.

I would say, that the Tekin is as good as they get on the market right now, but just so easy to adjust (i.e. no need for the manual to work out what all the blinking lights mean). Plus no power cap or schottky diodes is ace.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:06 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
I can take a picture of the install if yo ulike Dark, so you can see how I did it, lol.
Yeah, I would love to see it.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I just got my G11 Pro installed and I ran it thru the self test feature and I noticed that the light on my PT would dims a bit when it would go to full throttle. Any of you guys experience this? Would this affect the reading of the PT in any way? If it helps, im running a Reedy 19T and 4 cell 3300's that were charged about halfway

Last edited by thunderbt3; 12-15-2005 at 12:23 PM.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:47 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by thunderbt3
I just got my G11 Pro installed and I ran it thru the self test feature and I noticed that the light on my PT would dims a bit when it would go to full throttle. Any of you guys experience this? Would this affect the reading of the PT in any way? If it helps, im running a Reedy 19T and 4 cell 3300's that were charged about halfway
My PT does the same thing while I run my Futaba MC800C Ver. 2 speed control. My PT never misses a lap.

For reference: I run my PT on top my servo.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Thanks Darkseid,

For running 1/12, i run my PT right between the front suspension. right on top of the "X" on the L4. So far i havent had any problems with it running a Dually. Dually blew up last week and my G11 Pro came in yesterday. Im looking forward to testing it
Old 12-15-2005, 02:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
Once you've past the X hours delay, if you leave your pack on the tray it will be then taken to 0.5V / Cell at 2Amp rate, which won't take long at all, maybe a few minutes.

As for the LED, it comes off when the pack has been taken to 0.7V per cell.

To resume :

Put your pack on the tray, if you take it out when the LED comes off you have a pack at 0.7V / cell. You have a few hours between the moment the LED comes off and the moment when the cutoff is downed to 0.5V. If you want your pack at 0.5V / Cell then simply leave it on for a day or so, so you're sure it'll be at 0.5V/Cell.
What you said first seems to conflict with how you summed it up. First you said that after a pack is down to .7 volts it should only take a few minutes to get to .5 volts. If so, then I dont think it would take too much longer to get to .5 volts from .9 volts. But then you said, "Put your pack on the tray, if you take it out when the LED comes off you have a pack at 0.7V / cell. You have a few hours between the moment the LED comes off and the moment when the cutoff is downed to 0.5V." Then you say it will take a few hours to get from .7 to .5 volts . Does it equalize the pack at .7 volts meaning it stops discharging each cell at .7 volts and holds them there? And after a few hours the cutoff some how changes to .5 volts. Or is it just the the light for each cell goes off after it reaches .7 volts but it continues discharging? I can't see how it would take a few hours to go from .7 to .5 volts at a 2 amp discharge rate. Is there an there a separate led for all the cells or one for the whole pack to tell you that it is at .7 volts. Most importantly, if it actually cuts off at .7 volts does it hold the cells at .7 volts or does it shut off and allow the voltage to regenerate?
Old 12-15-2005, 03:22 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by thunderbt3
Thanks Darkseid,

For running 1/12, i run my PT right between the front suspension. right on top of the "X" on the L4. So far i havent had any problems with it running a Dually. Dually blew up last week and my G11 Pro came in yesterday. Im looking forward to testing it
You shouldn't have any problems. Heck, the light on my PT even dims a little when I turn the wheels. Must admit, it scared the hell out of me when I first installed it. I mean those PT's aren't cheap and I thought something was wrong with mine!

No problems so far.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AE Racer
Does it equalize the pack at .7 volts meaning it stops discharging each cell at .7 volts and holds them there? And after a few hours the cutoff some how changes to .5 volts.
That's exactly what it does. It's possible only because it's digital and does not use ceramic components to control the cutoff unlike the other trays (less the Novak I think). The "few hours" is a delay set on the tray by Tekin. I believe this is purely practical, since you can't always stay next to your pack waiting for the LED to come off, so they decided to leave the user some time before the cutoff voltage changes.

As for leaving the cells to regenerate, I have no idea but if you want to keep your cells at 0.7V/Cell then you should not leave them on the tray as if you leave them too long the tray will change the cutoff and get them down to 0.5V/Cell.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

basically what the tray does is dump your pack at 2 volts down to .7 (which is when the lights turn off, then it will bring your pack down to .5 slowly. There is a short review of the Battery Doctor 8.0 in this months issue of RC Driver magazine with a picture of it.

Last edited by Shane Reinink; 12-15-2005 at 08:03 PM.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Shane-edit, 2 amps lmao
Old 12-15-2005, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by StephenSobottka
Shane-edit, 2 amps lmao
my bad, you knew what i ment to say so all is good
Old 12-15-2005, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Shane-heh, I got your back buddy!
Old 12-15-2005, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by StephenSobottka
Shane-heh, I got your back buddy!
then next time edit it yourself, so i dont have to...lol
Old 12-19-2005, 09:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Actually the Battery Doctor first cutoff is .08 hench Battery Doctor 8.0 . (pretty smart) Yes everyone here is pretty close. It does a quick discharge to .08 lights go out and then slowly goes down to .05 how and why. We felt it was the best way and second it is how we designed it. If you are using the IB3800 I recommend you pull the pack off the tray right after the lights go out. The IB's do not like getting close to zero. Hope that helps
Old 12-19-2005, 06:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Scooter Tekin
Actually the Battery Doctor first cutoff is .08 hench Battery Doctor 8.0 . (pretty smart) Yes everyone here is pretty close. It does a quick discharge to .08 lights go out and then slowly goes down to .05 how and why. We felt it was the best way and second it is how we designed it. If you are using the IB3800 I recommend you pull the pack off the tray right after the lights go out. The IB's do not like getting close to zero. Hope that helps

Sorry Scooter but the 8.0 is because the tray will hold up to 8 cells.

PER TEKIN! the tray will discharge down to .07 at which time the leds (NOT THE CELLS!) will cut off,if the cells are left on the tray each cell will continue to discharge down to .05,at which time the cells will cutoff(QUIT DISCHARGING) maintaining a .05 voltage for each cell, thus the pack is equalized at .05.NO! if you leave the cells on the tray it WON'T continue to discharge down to "0".How in the world you guys are coming up with all these different variations on how this tray works is beyond me,it's VERY SIMPLE!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.