Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Orion...Customer Service Experience >

Team Orion...Customer Service Experience

Team Orion...Customer Service Experience

Old 04-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Exclamation Team Orion...Customer Service Experience

First off I would like to say that I will not push these products anymore. Tekin however I will, especially because I delt with them on a similiar concern(motor). I have owned team orion batteries for a long time, still run them in my rustler and corally cars. The older peak racing carbon(you can see pictured) 4800's were great batteries and were the first ones in at my hobby shop. i have since gotten back into racing here in palm bay Fl., and push a lot of products and just have been blown away about team orions cust service. First you call orion, they say call horizon. You call horizon and they finally get back to you and state...SORRY....no help, no warranty, no pro rate, no HELP..... thanks and good bye. Now 130.00 paper weight(4 months old)

Now lets discuss what caused my battery to go bad. IT WAS MY FAULT....

I dont need to re-type that....i said it.... i unfortunatly reversed polaritys for a split second.....and now 1 cell protected itself. other cell is ok.

Do these batteries have saftey in mind, hell yes... Thats why i have purchased them.......

Now by no means do i want a replacement for free....(would be nice though..)
But i feel as though they should offer something like almost every other company do. half off, small fee, 100.00 even..... Put it on the consumer, dont put that consumer down and say sorry......

Maybe because i work customer service i feel as though i have been mistreated, maybe as a racer i feel this way, and just maybe 'cause i am human.

and yes it was the biggest, baddest lipo they have...yall know the one advertised everywhere..... 6500mah, 7.4 volt carbon pro

thanks for nothing.......

Greg Gorman
[email protected]
Attached Thumbnails Team Orion...Customer Service Experience-imag0317.jpg  
Old 04-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

....still bitter....

its not like i couldnt buy CHEAPER batteries.....think about it!
Old 04-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Bummer of a situation. But, as a company, I can't say I blame them.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thought about it...

This is an all too common problem with our society. So many people feel they deserve somethin' for nothin'. I give you props for admitting it was your own mistake, but... where do you get off thinking they own you ANYTHING? YOU made a $130 mistake, not them. It's no wonder companies have to bend over backwards these days demanding more and more from less and less employees in order to be profitable. Every third customer is scamming them looking for a freebie.

Kudos to Orion for not giving away their product. I'm not saying you're a scammer but mistakes happen, and somebody has to pay for them. In this case, that somebody is not Orion.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

This thread should be retitled 'lack of consumer common sense.'

Amazed that the OP actually typed that(?)
Old 04-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

I believe it's called non warranty exchange( for x amount of money) as I have stated I wasn't looking for a freebie.... Just assistance.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GSPOT
I believe it's called non warranty exchange( for x amount of money) as I have stated I wasn't looking for a freebie.... Just assistance.
If that were the issue, wouldn't you check to see if they had a trade-in/exchange policy in place before purchasing and factor that into your decision? Some companies do, some don't.. their decision.

If you want to disagree with their policy, so be it. Publicly posting because you feel you deserve compensation or accommodation of some sort for your own error with a product is just wrong (for me.)

If the pack were faulty it would of course be a different matter. Your fault? You're SOL in my world.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

...not in this case... They don't cover even a faulty pack after you use the battery.. If it doesn't work out of the package it's warranty.....that's it

And I consider this like life insurance..you buy it and hope to never use it.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Hell even traxxas has a trade in program
Old 04-12-2012, 10:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Im confused on the reversed polarity.

Do you mean you charged it backwards for a minute? Your charger doesn't have a safety check before charging to see if polarity is correct? If so, sounds like you need a better charger.

Do you mean you plugged it in backwards into the car. That should have destroyed the esc, not the lipo.

Or....

Do you mean you dead shorted the pack somehow (love to know how)? It would have to be more than a "split second" to destroy a cell.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

if you're up to it

open the pack

resolder the cell's connection(s) to the main wire(s)

problem solved.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

I don't see a valid point in your posting. Yeah, you admitted to doing the damage, but it still does not give you the right to automatically expect something back. Just because one company does something, does not mean that all companies have to follow the same policies. Obviously, Orion is sill in business for a reason.

I've also worked in customer service. If I sold a new vehicle to somebody and , get a flat tire 2 weeks later, should I have to offer them a discount on a new tire and the service involved? I don't think so. Yeah, I'd feel badly, but it in no way gives them the right to expect any favors. It is business, PERIOD!

That's one reason that walked away from the industry. Too many people wanting too much free crap with their purchase. "Throw in the flaps, Throw in the Hitch & Wiring". People want everything for nothing, and expect that to be the norm. Not the case. I'm not targeting you per-say, but people are getting far too dependent on hand outs. Expecting as much as they can get while giving/doing as little as possible. Bottom line, If you choose to do business with a company, review their policies prior to doing said business with them.

Better luck next time with your future endeavors.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Batteries unfortunately are funny things. I always liken the idea of getting a warranty on a battery to getting a warranty on a cigarette; it's not going to happen. The battery is 4 months old, you admittedly made a stupid mistake and it fried. Lesson learnt.

Sucks but that's pretty much par for the course regarding batteries.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Might want to chalk this up to a loss your not winning any sympathy at all on this thread. Maybe some empathy if that.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:20 AM
Tech Master

It's all good....I just needed to vent. The esc was off, and I had plugged in my connectors to the battery backwards....split second and one small spark...

It wasn't charged wrong, and it's not puffed, or any other thing, but it did self protect itself from what I was reading.

I have dealt with tekin motor problems, spectrum receiver problems..... And have learned about other companies that do the same thing to keep their cust happy, a trade in, no warranty program of sorts. But hey......remember I was the one that was wrong.

It's all good y'all, I will be ok...... But if nothing else if y'all go through the same thing.......just remember ......

Sorry and have a good day

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.