Search
Like Tree1Likes

Solaris Tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Keven H
Hello all,

I just want to share some of my experience with the tires. I have been fortunate enough to run them at the KO grand prix at WestCoast R/C. I was really impressed with the tires. First off I only ran the 1 set in the 13.5 class and I did not notice any drop off in laptimes and usually indoor asphalt track can be rough on tires.

thumb up for a good rubber tire !
I'm happy to hear you liked the tires Kevin! Good job at snowbirds.

Originally Posted by GCT69
any online store?
We mainly sell to hobby shops/clubs with tracks or that hold races. Our goal is spec tire racing and hobby shops are more inclined to accept your tire as a spec tire for their track when they know they will be the ones generating the profit from them. Weather it is the permanent spec tire for the track or a spec tire for one of their big races.

This doesn't mean at some point you won't find them online, because tracks have online stores too. If your local track doesn't carry the tires and you want to purchase them email us at [email protected].

Originally Posted by AGNO
Even here in Italy we have adopted for our racing club, we use the medium, I have tried them with warm temperatures and cold and I was amazed by their adaptation to different temperatures while maintaining excellent performance and durability.
Anyone can post pictures of the new rims?
Good to hear! Pictures of new rims by tomorrow or this weekend.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Have you sent any of these to the australian top people? INterested to see how these perform. Benzaah
Old 02-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E.J. Evans
I'm happy to hear you liked the tires Kevin! Good job at snowbirds.

We mainly sell to hobby shops/clubs with tracks or that hold races. Our goal is spec tire racing and hobby shops are more inclined to accept your tire as a spec tire for their track when they know they will be the ones generating the profit from them. Weather it is the permanent spec tire for the track or a spec tire for one of their big races.

This doesn't mean at some point you won't find them online, because tracks have online stores too. If your local track doesn't carry the tires and you want to purchase them email us at [email protected].

Good to hear! Pictures of new rims by tomorrow or this weekend.
will the price still be the same if I order it directly from you guys, or can I ask my LHS if they can order it for. As of now we are using XXX brand tires and they are pretty good, I just want to try it first and maybe then other guys will follow.
TNX
Old 02-05-2010, 09:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by GCT69
will the price still be the same if I order it directly from you guys, or can I ask my LHS if they can order it for. As of now we are using XXX brand tires and they are pretty good, I just want to try it first and maybe then other guys will follow.
TNX
PM Sent.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

I thought I would chime in and post my thoughts on these tires.

THEY ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!

I really didnt know what to think when I heard that the Solaris tire was going to be the hand out tire for the KO Gran Prix. When I was first asked to try them I was amazed at the amount of traction they had. And then even more amazing was how run after run they produced the same lap times. A great tire not only for racing but a consistant tire if you just want to try different things during testing.

I ran one set of tires(on each car) throughout the whole event at the KO race without any problems.

If I had to choose a tire not only for duribility but also for cost, this would be the tire!

Barry Baker
Old 02-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah
Have you sent any of these to the australian top people? INterested to see how these perform. Benzaah
Last time i looked Rod had the solaris mini tyres in stock but not the touring tyres.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaah

Last time i looked Rod had the solaris mini tyres in stock but not the touring tyres.

I have to agree with Dan, regarding the mini tyres.

I have used the Solaris mini tyres fitted with a firm insert for the front and rear and they worked very well. Two compounds are availble a Hard and a Soft and come in a packet of four.

Top racing in australia stocks the mini tyres.

Regards,

Calvin.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default New Wheel

During testing did the new softer spoke wheel change the handling characteristics. The top pre mounts are really good with the current dish wheel. Hopefully they will work just as well with the new wheel has anyone had a chance to try them.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

E.J. I sent you email.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Good Tire set !
Old 02-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Tech Regular

can i get them in europe .
Old 02-08-2010, 05:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I tested both types of rims on carpet, and the spoke ones had a bit more flex/ traction. So, if you need more traction, get the spoke rims.

Originally Posted by TRESFR
During testing did the new softer spoke wheel change the handling characteristics. The top pre mounts are really good with the current dish wheel. Hopefully they will work just as well with the new wheel has anyone had a chance to try them.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

how this tyre perform without traction compound ?
Old 02-08-2010, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

EJ you have a PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by smilekt
how this tyre perform without traction compound ?
Even without traction compound the tyre still has good grip from the start.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.