R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-19-2010, 08:38 AM   #121
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

I got my tires today.
I got 2 sets of inserts with it from TOP and disk wheels also from TOP.
Glued them and I hope to try them this Sunday.
The diameter is a bit smaller than The VTEC30 tires but they feel better.
__________________
http://www.mikky32.com
Tekin RS pro
TOP racing Photon
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:56 PM   #122
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

I drove yesterday with the Solaris medium TOP rims and Medium high grip inserts from TOP.
After 5 lipo's with a 13,5T the front tires started to wear down.
They were not reliable for 13,5T lipo.
I think that the hard are better but before I test them I will run Sorex 32 for the race.
I now that they can easily run 6 heads.
We have heats from 7 mints with the 13,5T class and the track eats tires.
The rims survived and I set the fastest lap with the tires but the medium is not the tire for the class were I'm driving in.
__________________
http://www.mikky32.com
Tekin RS pro
TOP racing Photon
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:29 PM   #123
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,051
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

I'm getting 40ish runs on my mediums (on carpet) in 13.5. They feel great throughout the entire run.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:52 PM   #124
Tech Addict
 
E.J. Evans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 600
Send a message via Yahoo to E.J. Evans
Default Spec Tire at Colorado Carpet Challenge

Announced a couple weeks ago, Solaris tires will be the spec tires for the Colorado Carpet Challenge

Race Dates: April 16-18.

Flyer here.

Website: http://www.corrc.org/

Solaris is happy to be a part of this race. Great track ran by good people.
__________________
T.O.P. Racing | APEX Hobbies | R1 | Solaris | NorCal Hobbies |

Solaris Racing Products (SRP) Solaris Spec Tires!

www.solarisrp.com | www.apexhobbies.com | www.topracingusa.com
E.J. Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:56 PM   #125
Tech Champion
 
TimPotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Boynton Beach Fl > Randoph NJ
Posts: 7,481
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter
Default

Really Digging the Solaris tires on Asphalt.. We are getting 30+ runs on them.

Thanks EJ...
__________________
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:51 PM   #126
Tech Master
 
HarryLeach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton, VA, USA
Posts: 1,596
Send a message via AIM to HarryLeach
Default

I bought a set of 'S' compound premounts on TOP wheels last Saturday for a carpet race based on reviews I'd seen on this thread.

Unfortunately, my experience wasn't a good one. I started off by cleaning the tires with DA, and ran some practice laps to scrub them in. I didn't run a lot on them [currently only have one battery], but they felt good, so I repeaked by battery, tried them out with some Paragon for a few more laps, then cleaned them with DA and treated with Paragon for the first qualifier.

A buddy of mine followed the same prep and we were in the same qualifier. Off the tone, the car was very fast, but this only lasted 6-7 laps. For the 10-12 laps after that, it was a big struggle with oversteer [losing lots of time], then, strangely, the handling balance started to return and the lap times started to come back, but nothing as fast as the first 6-7 laps. My buddy and I [running different chassis and different driving styles], commented on the SAME laps when rear grip went away, and again when grip seemed to return.

For the second qualifier, I thought maybe the Paragon wasn't agreeing with the tires, so I only cleaned with DA and put the car on the track. The car started off with a slight bit of oversteer, but felt alright, early in the run. Toward the middle of the run, the car alternated between super loose and barely making a corner depending on the lap, and then settled down again the last 2 minutes or so. My buddy switched to some Sorex tires and laid down a relatively solid run.

For the third qualifier I bolted on some used CS22's just to get a consistent qualifier in, which I also raced in the main.

I bought a set of mediums as well, but with the inconsistent handling the softs gave, they stayed in the package all day.

I'll give these tires a try on the outdoor asphalt track, and may give the mediums a run on the carpet just for testing, but so far, I'm not very satisfied.
__________________
Privateer racing lots of stuff.
Remember kids, racing isn't fair!
HarryLeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:42 PM   #127
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,051
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. Evans View Post
Announced a couple weeks ago, Solaris tires will be the spec tires for the Colorado Carpet Challenge

Race Dates: April 16-18.

Flyer here.

Website: http://www.corrc.org/

Solaris is happy to be a part of this race. Great track ran by good people.
Thanks man.

I tested the softs and mediums and carpet, what I would call medium traction I guess, and definitely preferred the mediums. The softs felt like they got squishy too fast. The mediums take a while to come in, and then run pretty good for a while. They do groove up a bit along the insert, but it doesn't seem to affect handling or lead to premature tearing.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:07 PM   #128
Tech Addict
 
E.J. Evans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 600
Send a message via Yahoo to E.J. Evans
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryLeach View Post
I bought a set of 'S' compound premounts on TOP wheels last Saturday for a carpet race based on reviews I'd seen on this thread.

Unfortunately, my experience wasn't a good one. I started off by cleaning the tires with DA, and ran some practice laps to scrub them in. I didn't run a lot on them [currently only have one battery], but they felt good, so I repeaked by battery, tried them out with some Paragon for a few more laps, then cleaned them with DA and treated with Paragon for the first qualifier.

A buddy of mine followed the same prep and we were in the same qualifier. Off the tone, the car was very fast, but this only lasted 6-7 laps. For the 10-12 laps after that, it was a big struggle with oversteer [losing lots of time], then, strangely, the handling balance started to return and the lap times started to come back, but nothing as fast as the first 6-7 laps. My buddy and I [running different chassis and different driving styles], commented on the SAME laps when rear grip went away, and again when grip seemed to return.

For the second qualifier, I thought maybe the Paragon wasn't agreeing with the tires, so I only cleaned with DA and put the car on the track. The car started off with a slight bit of oversteer, but felt alright, early in the run. Toward the middle of the run, the car alternated between super loose and barely making a corner depending on the lap, and then settled down again the last 2 minutes or so. My buddy switched to some Sorex tires and laid down a relatively solid run.

For the third qualifier I bolted on some used CS22's just to get a consistent qualifier in, which I also raced in the main.

I bought a set of mediums as well, but with the inconsistent handling the softs gave, they stayed in the package all day.

I'll give these tires a try on the outdoor asphalt track, and may give the mediums a run on the carpet just for testing, but so far, I'm not very satisfied.
Hi Harry,

Sorry to hear about your experience with the tire. Sorex are definitely faster then our tires. Our tires are meant to be a spec tire formulated for overall good grip, longevity, and low cost. I'm not surprised to hear lap times are not as fast as Sorex. I am however baffled about the inconsistency. Where do you race? How is the traction on the carpet?

You can also always email me at solarisrp@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

EJ Evans
__________________
T.O.P. Racing | APEX Hobbies | R1 | Solaris | NorCal Hobbies |

Solaris Racing Products (SRP) Solaris Spec Tires!

www.solarisrp.com | www.apexhobbies.com | www.topracingusa.com
E.J. Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:26 PM   #129
Tech Regular
 
clparsons123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 323
Default

this weekend i tried the s compound and the h compound. both tires were veryy good.the h compound were awesome very consistent and had good grip like all have said.{way better then the xenons we run here in Florida} the s compound were a little faster but seemed to give up in the middle of a run. i believe they may be to soft . i tried these on asphalt.
__________________
EAM (TEAM EA MOTORSPORTS),ORCA, RC AMERICA, XRAY,HUDY,EZ CUSTOMS, RSD (REFLEX RACING) , JEFFS RC STUDIO, RCTVLIVE
Cory parsons
clparsons123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:41 PM   #130
Tech Master
 
HarryLeach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton, VA, USA
Posts: 1,596
Send a message via AIM to HarryLeach
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. Evans View Post
Hi Harry,

Sorry to hear about your experience with the tire. Sorex are definitely faster then our tires. Our tires are meant to be a spec tire formulated for overall good grip, longevity, and low cost. I'm not surprised to hear lap times are not as fast as Sorex. I am however baffled about the inconsistency. Where do you race? How is the traction on the carpet?

You can also always email me at solarisrp@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

EJ Evans
This race was at the same track Stiltskin runs at, Debbie's RC World in Chesapeake, VA.

I'm really not concerned with what tire is the fastest. My primary concerns are longevity and consistency. To be honest, I'm not a consistent enough driver to make use of the "best" tire, but I am a good enough driver to know when the car isn't being consistent.

I appreciate the concern though, so I will send you an email, and maybe we can figure out what's going on.
__________________
Privateer racing lots of stuff.
Remember kids, racing isn't fair!
HarryLeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:14 PM   #131
Tech Addict
 
E.J. Evans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 600
Send a message via Yahoo to E.J. Evans
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryLeach View Post
This race was at the same track Stiltskin runs at, Debbie's RC World in Chesapeake, VA.

I'm really not concerned with what tire is the fastest. My primary concerns are longevity and consistency. To be honest, I'm not a consistent enough driver to make use of the "best" tire, but I am a good enough driver to know when the car isn't being consistent.

I appreciate the concern though, so I will send you an email, and maybe we can figure out what's going on.
Hi Harry, longevity and consistency that's what we're after.

Shoot me an email and lets figure it out. We want to produce the best products we can and working with guys such as yourself will help us do it.

Thanks!
__________________
T.O.P. Racing | APEX Hobbies | R1 | Solaris | NorCal Hobbies |

Solaris Racing Products (SRP) Solaris Spec Tires!

www.solarisrp.com | www.apexhobbies.com | www.topracingusa.com
E.J. Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:20 PM   #132
Tech Master
 
HarryLeach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton, VA, USA
Posts: 1,596
Send a message via AIM to HarryLeach
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. Evans View Post
Hi Larry, longevity and consistency that's what we're after.

Shoot me an email and lets figure it out. We want to produce the best products we can and working with guys such as yourself will help us do it.

Thanks!
It's "Harry" and email sent
__________________
Privateer racing lots of stuff.
Remember kids, racing isn't fair!
HarryLeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:21 PM   #133
Tech Addict
 
E.J. Evans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 600
Send a message via Yahoo to E.J. Evans
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryLeach View Post
It's "Harry" and email sent
My apologies! haha
__________________
T.O.P. Racing | APEX Hobbies | R1 | Solaris | NorCal Hobbies |

Solaris Racing Products (SRP) Solaris Spec Tires!

www.solarisrp.com | www.apexhobbies.com | www.topracingusa.com
E.J. Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:59 AM   #134
Super Moderator
 
charlie_b's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 9,609
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. Evans View Post
My apologies! haha
EJ, any news on tires?
__________________
''Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.''-- Thomas Alva Edison
CAL RACEWAY:CAL RACEWAY
GT10 SERIES:GT10 SERIES
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:41 PM   #135
Tech Addict
 
E.J. Evans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 600
Send a message via Yahoo to E.J. Evans
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie_b View Post
EJ, any news on tires?
Did you get me PM?
__________________
T.O.P. Racing | APEX Hobbies | R1 | Solaris | NorCal Hobbies |

Solaris Racing Products (SRP) Solaris Spec Tires!

www.solarisrp.com | www.apexhobbies.com | www.topracingusa.com
E.J. Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electric Touring / On-Road RC Screaming Wind Manila Racers 32165 10-24-2016 10:33 PM
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X academygaz Electric On-Road 10619 01-01-2015 04:36 PM
Defective Jaco Blue Tires billjacobs Electric On-Road 123 02-06-2011 01:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:52 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0