Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Solaris Tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 08:52 AM
Tech Addict

We have selected these as the spec tires for 2 of the classes at our club Stock(Silver Can) and 10.5, the glue job is great and the drop off from run to run is minimal so it's definitely a great choice for those looking at spec rubber for there classes.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:04 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Stratus Racer
I bought one set for $25 and practiced with it for 2 days without any problems. Bought the race set for $30 the day of the KO Race as E.J. mentioned. They worked fine. Right now I have tires that were given to me and still run them.
These tires are last many runs at West Coast R/C

Originally Posted by Skitee
We have selected these as the spec tires for 2 of the classes at our club Stock(Silver Can) and 10.5, the glue job is great and the drop off from run to run is minimal so it's definitely a great choice for those looking at spec rubber for there classes.
Skitee, great to hear!
Old 02-02-2010, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

Are these tires brand new, or are they rebatched Xceed/Jaco tires?
Old 02-02-2010, 09:48 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Govert
Are these tires brand new, or are they rebatched Xceed/Jaco tires?
These tires are brand new. The compound was formulated for spec tires, with decent grip and most importantly longevity.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I wanted to mention that during testing of this tire for use at the KO Grand Prix it surprised us.
The tire was quick and lasted until the cords were showing with no drop off in lap times. In fact the 2nd run on its is fast.
It has become the SPEC tire for racing at West Coast Raceway and is a great value for the racer.

We went out on a lim selecting this tire and can now say everyone was happy with them. I look forward to seeing the new wheel too.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:51 PM
Tech Master

Well Ej sent me a set of the Solaris Soft compounds to try out at the local carpet track. We are kinda in search for a good long lasting tire. I must say these tires did not disappoint.

At our track which is low to med grip. The tires seemed to have more traction than blues, and are a touch more stable than Speed Mind Sorex 28's.

Tires seemed to if anything get faster as you ran them which is a great sign!.. Very good tire IMO.. Great spec tire.

Last edited by smoke81; 02-03-2010 at 06:49 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I tested the soft tires tonight on pretty high grip carpet and really liked them. They were stuck, and I could have benefitted from changing my setup to free the car up, but still felt really good on the track. They took a while to break in, too, which is usually a good sign. I'm eager to see how things go with the new wheel. It seems like Solaris is on the brink of gaining a lot of traction (heh!) in the spec tire market.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I have run the Solaris tire at the 09' Speedworld Cup (160+ track temps) and at the Top Gun Race. These tires are a pleasant surprise. Quick, long lasting, and INEXPENSIVE! E.J. and the crew at Solaris have really outdone the competition with this series of tires. Plus the new rim is DEAD SEXY! LOL

If you haven't tried a Solaris tire you should...you will be very happy. Looking forward to the 2010 outdoor season!

Art
Old 02-03-2010, 09:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Advil
If you haven't tried a Solaris tire you should...you will be very happy. Looking forward to the 2010 outdoor season!

Art
Where did you get your tires from?
Old 02-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vabroom
Where did you get your tires from?
At the SpeedWorld Cup the tire was the spec tire and is available at Speed World ( www.speedworldraceway.com ). At the Top Gun race the tire was the spec tire and is available at Nor Cal Hobbies ( www.norcal-hobbies.com ). Both of these shops are top notch and will be able to take care of you.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks, Advil
Old 02-03-2010, 03:02 PM
Tech Regular

Hello all,

I just want to share some of my experience with the tires. I have been fortunate enough to run them at the KO grand prix at WestCoast R/C. I was really impressed with the tires. First off I only ran the 1 set in the 13.5 class and I did not notice any drop off in laptimes and usually indoor asphalt track can be rough on tires.

thumb up for a good rubber tire !
Old 02-03-2010, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keven H
Hello all,

I just want to share some of my experience with the tires. I have been fortunate enough to run them at the KO grand prix at WestCoast R/C. I was really impressed with the tires. First off I only ran the 1 set in the 13.5 class and I did not notice any drop off in laptimes and usually indoor asphalt track can be rough on tires.

thumb up for a good rubber tire !
HEEEEEBURT!!!

That's good to hear Kev.

Larry and I will be doing some testing on carpet this weekend with the tires. We'll throw up some info once we get a good amount of runs on them.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Advil
At the SpeedWorld Cup the tire was the spec tire and is available at Speed World ( www.speedworldraceway.com ). At the Top Gun race the tire was the spec tire and is available at Nor Cal Hobbies ( www.norcal-hobbies.com ). Both of these shops are top notch and will be able to take care of you.
any online store?
Old 02-04-2010, 12:59 AM
Tech Addict

Even here in Italy we have adopted for our racing club, we use the medium, I have tried them with warm temperatures and cold and I was amazed by their adaptation to different temperatures while maintaining excellent performance and durability.
Anyone can post pictures of the new rims?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.