R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #406
Tech Elite
 
haywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,781
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk4ud View Post
I find it hard to believe that a company would be picked as a national spec tire and not be ready with stock. Knowing everyone would be using them before the race to get ready. That is like throwing money away. If it is a tire that is carried from year to year no reason to be out of stock. IMHO that is.
We went quite sometime with Jaco Bluez not available anywhere but they still somehow are the tire for the Birds and IIC!
__________________
Hobbywing / Team Scream / Progressive Rc / Ko Propo / MotivRc / Dri-Fit Mafia /
haywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #407
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,696
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk4ud View Post
I find it hard to believe that a company would be picked as a national spec tire and not be ready with stock. Knowing everyone would be using them before the race to get ready. That is like throwing money away. If it is a tire that is carried from year to year no reason to be out of stock. IMHO that is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. Evans View Post
Contact TOP USA tires are in stock.

topracingusa@yahoo.com or call 650-583-8898.

It seems to me, you don't listen to other people, when they tell you who to call.

You should learn to listen....Call TOP USA like I told you

We've even using these tires now for three years, never had a problem getting them.
__________________
Jackson RC Raceway, Home of the 2011 Paved On Road Nats!
Horsham RC Raceway,Home of the 2013 and 2015 Carpet On Road Nats!

Awesomatix USA/ Side Piece Racing / TQ Wire / CR Graphics / R1 Wurks / LRP /Jackson RC Raceway / Horsham RC Raceway/Brownies Hobbies
Al Sodano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:49 PM   #408
Tech Regular
 
cneyedog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Home of The Daytona 500
Posts: 465
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to cneyedog
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by haywood View Post
We went quite sometime with Jaco Bluez not available anywhere but they still somehow are the tire for the Birds and IIC!
http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?...&product_id=89

there you go
cneyedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #409
Tech Adept
 
jpk4ud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 220
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
TOP has them on BO
I guess I was going by this post.....
__________________
Losi SCTE
Losi 22SCT
Slash 2wd
TC5 set up for USGT
The Hobby Shop in Dayton, Ohio
jpk4ud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:24 PM   #410
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Sodano View Post
It seems to me, you don't listen to other people, when they tell you who to call.

You should learn to listen....Call TOP USA like I told you

We've even using these tires now for three years, never had a problem getting them.
Our track owner has called and was told they didn't have them to sell (as of last week). It is our spec tire.

Maybe they have come in or aren't available in the qtys he ordered?
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:20 PM   #411
Tech Elite
 
odpurple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,192
Default

It's pretty simple really. The Solaris premounts have become very popular and are selling out almost as fast as we can get them in. If you or your hobby shop need tires call for the current status, we'll either ship you tires or put you on the list for the next shipment

topracingusa@yahoo.com
650-583-8898
__________________
TOP Racing USA--OD Racing--Novak--Power Push--J Spec
odpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #412
Dan
Tech Elite
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 4,336
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Sent an email. Looking for some Solaris mini tires...
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:15 AM   #413
Tech Champion
 
YR4Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,625
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

What is the current status of Solaris tires? Are they no longer in production?

If it is still being produced, what is the ETA for some to be available? Also, what shops online have them in stock?

Thanks.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:40 AM   #414
Tech Elite
 
speedybill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Belpre, Ohio
Posts: 2,342
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
What is the current status of Solaris tires? Are they no longer in production?

If it is still being produced, what is the ETA for some to be available? Also, what shops online have them in stock?

Thanks.




great question!!


__________________
ROAR member #5-120259
www.speedybillsrc.com
www.ovrccc.com
Sweep Racing Tires
speedybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:21 AM   #415
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,094
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Call TOP, they can get you tires. Michael or EJ will take care of you.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:13 PM   #416
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,412
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Call TOP, they can get you tires. Michael or EJ will take care of you.
+1
been running solaris indoors and outdoors all through 2012... and onto 2013..
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:58 AM   #417
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,696
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I just wanna give a Big Big thanks to EJ Evans and Solaris for providing the rubber tires for the carpet nats.
We had plenty on hand, so running out wasn't a option.Even during the carpet season, there was never a problem getting them.
We use the Solaris tire at Horsham and Jackson, with great results.
It's great working with them especially as a club, so we can keep the price down and pass it to our racers.
We plan on continuing using them

Thanks again!!
__________________
Jackson RC Raceway, Home of the 2011 Paved On Road Nats!
Horsham RC Raceway,Home of the 2013 and 2015 Carpet On Road Nats!

Awesomatix USA/ Side Piece Racing / TQ Wire / CR Graphics / R1 Wurks / LRP /Jackson RC Raceway / Horsham RC Raceway/Brownies Hobbies
Al Sodano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #418
Tech Elite
 
j.d.roost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,072
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Sodano View Post
I just wanna give a Big Big thanks to EJ Evans and Solaris for providing the rubber tires for the carpet nats.
We had plenty on hand, so running out wasn't a option.Even during the carpet season, there was never a problem getting them.
We use the Solaris tire at Horsham and Jackson, with great results.
It's great working with them especially as a club, so we can keep the price down and pass it to our racers.
We plan on continuing using them

Thanks again!!
+1
Was actually cleaning the car up this weekend from the indoor season and thinking about tires.
It's nice to have a compound where the grip level remains constant from batch to batch.
Thanks to Horsham for sticking with what works (and saving the racers $ by doing so) .
__________________
F1
Roche usa
R.I.P. Jon Williams
j.d.roost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:11 PM   #419
Tech Elite
 
LOW ET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: cleveland, ohio
Posts: 2,735
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

when will the medium black rims be back in stock? i really don't want white rims, lol.
LOW ET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:56 PM   #420
Tech Addict
 
E.J. Evans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 601
Send a message via Yahoo to E.J. Evans
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
when will the medium black rims be back in stock? i really don't want white rims, lol.
check www.apexhobbies.com in a week and a half. We'll get them in.
__________________
T.O.P. Racing | APEX Hobbies | R1 | Solaris | NorCal Hobbies |

Solaris Racing Products (SRP) Solaris Spec Tires!

www.solarisrp.com | www.apexhobbies.com | www.topracingusa.com
E.J. Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electric Touring / On-Road RC Screaming Wind Manila Racers 32167 05-02-2017 10:20 PM
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X academygaz Electric On-Road 10619 01-01-2015 03:36 PM
Defective Jaco Blue Tires billjacobs Electric On-Road 123 02-06-2011 12:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:31 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net