R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-02-2010, 12:28 PM   #181
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HarryLeach

EJ, you have email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane View Post
Any experience with these tires on parking lot asphalt? How's the durability?
I ran some medium compound tires last week on a practice day. I'm running mod with a 10.5 on our outdoor asphalt track and the tires grained pretty considerably, but held good grip and lasted almost all day [12-14 runs] before cords started to show through the tread. The medium compound is made really well, so the tread is an even thickness across the whole tire, just really thin now.

I haven't ever been able to get any consistency out of the soft compound on carpet or asphalt.

Haven't run the hard compound tires on asphalt yet, but guys that have are doing pretty well with good tire wear.

Our outdoor track is kept relatively clean, and VERY lightly prepped, so tire selection is pretty important.

Hope that helps.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:50 PM   #182
Tech Adept

I just hosted the Reedy Race Race of Champions. I must say this event reaffirms that choosing the Solaris tire as the spec tire was an excellent choice. There were no complaints with grip and everyone was happy with the wear. It's an easy choice once again to use this tire at the ROAR On-Road nationals as well.

The new spoked wheel is pretty cool too.

One of the best parts about the Solaris tire is EJ Evans. It's one thing to have a great affordable product, many companies do. But in the RC Industry, delivery always seems to be a problem. When it came time for us to put our reputations on the line, to provide enough supply for everyone before and during the event - EJ came through. Super cool to deal with.

2 months - the nationals, and we're doing it all over again.
E Vasutin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:29 PM   #183
Tech Elite

What rubber/insert combo was used for the Reedy?
ShaunMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:45 PM   #184
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Solaris hard compound

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:03 AM   #185
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Wassup EJ...do i get a hold of these premounts thru you?

- JBiz
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:17 PM   #186
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to E.J. Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Vasutin View Post
I just hosted the Reedy Race Race of Champions. I must say this event reaffirms that choosing the Solaris tire as the spec tire was an excellent choice. There were no complaints with grip and everyone was happy with the wear. It's an easy choice once again to use this tire at the ROAR On-Road nationals as well.

One of the best parts about the Solaris tire is EJ Evans. It's one thing to have a great affordable product, many companies do. But in the RC Industry, delivery always seems to be a problem. When it came time for us to put our reputations on the line, to provide enough supply for everyone before and during the event - EJ came through. Super cool to deal with.

WOW thanks Eric!

Solaris Racing Products (SRP) Solaris Spec Tires!

www.solarisrp.com | www.apexhobbies.com | www.topracingusa.com
E.J. Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:18 PM   #187
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to E.J. Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Wassup EJ...do i get a hold of these premounts thru you?

- JBiz
Hey Jaybee how's it going!!! shoot me an email to solarisrp@yahoo.com.

Solaris Racing Products (SRP) Solaris Spec Tires!

www.solarisrp.com | www.apexhobbies.com | www.topracingusa.com
E.J. Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:09 PM   #188
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Vasutin View Post

I showed up a week early for Reedy, ran a set of Solaris tires at your sunday club race that already had 3 race days on them, I was pretty darn happy, monday, tuesday, and thursday all on the same tire, Friday new tires, woe, not quite the same as before, made setup changes, everything good now, ran ONE set for all the Quals and Mains, and that was on Both the 17.5 car and MOD car, Crashed out of the B in Mod and stuggled in the mains in 17.5. I didn't come to win, only to have fun and not finish last, "mission accomplished" Great choice of tire. See you in August.
#49, #25a, #91, #7, #12 the ones to watch.... UPDATE. #12 is your new AMA GNC #1

A Northwest Team of Positive actions
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:26 PM   #189
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
I showed up a week early for Reedy, ran a set of Solaris tires at your sunday club race that already had 3 race days on them, I was pretty darn happy, monday, tuesday, and thursday all on the same tire, Friday new tires, woe, not quite the same as before, made setup changes, everything good now, ran ONE set for all the Quals and Mains, and that was on Both the 17.5 car and MOD car, Crashed out of the B in Mod and stuggled in the mains in 17.5. I didn't come to win, only to have fun and not finish last, "mission accomplished" Great choice of tire. See you in August.
Sounds like the Solaris tires worked out great! What kind of fall-off did you experience run after run? What kind of track prep was done at NorCal? VHT? Sugarwater?
ShaunMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:30 PM   #190
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Its sprayed with Soda.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:32 PM   #191
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunMac View Post
Sounds like the Solaris tires worked out great! What kind of fall-off did you experience run after run? What kind of track prep was done at NorCal? VHT? Sugarwater?
I really don't concern myself with lap times, just finishing position, so when I looked at the heat sheets, it was just so see where I was sitting after the round was over.
#49, #25a, #91, #7, #12 the ones to watch.... UPDATE. #12 is your new AMA GNC #1

A Northwest Team of Positive actions
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 08:18 AM   #192
Tech Champion

Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Great spec tires EJ, We have been running the Solaris for a while now and are fully satisifed. So much so, we will be using it as a spec for our annual Invite race, and they are in the mix to be the spec tire for our State Series. We will also be spec'ing it as the tire for our club racing. They have good performance, good longevity and consistant from set to set.

In Fla, we have been running Spec tires in the FSEARA series for about 10 years. We have run CS 27's..Jaco Blue's, and Xenon's . IMHO, this is the best combination of Price/Performance since running the CS 27's

The glue jobs are awesome, the wheels are nice, and the price is right !!!.. I have a few sets that I ran at the Reedy, and they will be getting 10-15 more runs each at home...

How can you go wrong...
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:18 AM   #193
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)
Default tire sauce?

what the best tire traction compound you put on to your solaris tires for asphalt?
johndayo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:27 AM   #194
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndayo101 View Post
what the best tire traction compound you put on to your solaris tires for asphalt?
A lot of local racers are using Tire tweak or Paragon. A few have tried the Red Dot from Trinity and found the tires to be too oily for the first few laps. I have also seen some racers use Simple Green and tire warmers for excellent results.

I've tried Jack the Gripper and found the new formula to be too inconsistent.
Six Star Hobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:51 PM   #195
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Where can I get the solaris tires with the new spoke wheels like what was used at the reedy race?
bmcallister is offline   Reply With Quote