Wiki Posts
Search

Solution for the stock class problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
I see what you are saying...and I am assuming we're talking Tekin. So the way I imagine it would be max the Boost at 20 and have Turbo add another 10 for example. Because if I understand V203 correctly the 50 degrees of timing is added between the start and end RPM settings and the Turbo adds more. Just limit how much. I think all the update-able ESC's could do this. Easier said than done of course...but its just an idea.

But your argument also states poeple will just add the timing to the motor, which is correct. But if we run a locked down ESC, you bet poeple will play with timing on their motors. Even Novak Havok combos allow you to adjust timing on the motor.

Who knows ...just more fodder for the debate.
So whats the point of buying a speed control and not using its potential? I buy a Tekin I should be able to set it to best performance. That is what the speed control and program was designed for. You guys are beating a dead horse here. You want to go faster then turn around to find ways to make cars go slower. Why should I have to slow my car down so everyone else can keep up?
Old 02-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaredevilD
So whats the point of buying a speed control and not using its potential? I buy a Tekin I should be able to set it to best performance. That is what the speed control and program was designed for. You guys are beating a dead horse here. You want to go faster then turn around to find ways to make cars go slower. Why should I have to slow my car down so everyone else can keep up?
Because the potential should not have been allowed in the first place, you are entitled to your opinion but if ROAR allowed stock racing with timing locked equipment, this thread would not have started.

IHMO the only dead horse is the allowance of cheater speed controls and motors which should never have been allowed in the first place.

Get a mod motor if you want to go fast and leave stock for the kiddies.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaredevilD
You're preaching to the choir! I want to run V203 the way it is today. You responded to my response to someones response to my response to someone elses post I was just offering some ideas for debate. I have no delusions that I have any clue how to make everyone happy. Debating this stuff is what I do when I'm bored at work. And as long as ideas are being shared I'll continue to listen...
Old 02-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by skypilot
how do you enforce a rule that isn't a rule???

timing esc's are not a problem, those that complain about them are....

just buy a tekin or what ever, follow the 1200 pages of info on how to make it work and be happy, if its to fast, then campaign for a slower motor class, while leaving everyone else alone. people are calling for lock timing esc's but when roar mandates it, and novak and tekin decide to charge 300 bucks for it then what, more bitching and crying that it should be cheaper and roar needs to but a price cap on it. looking at the voting results from this past fall, seems while we don't have the time to vote we have plenty of time to point the finger.
think I'm done with this thread, it has no point and is going no where (and yea, that includes all my previous posts along with this one)
Stock racing in brushed days was with timing locked engines, where is the young fulla supposed to race, pretty hard to compete with the tech and budget boys. Now dont get me wrong I do not really care, it is not a problem for me as I have never been a sandbagger but I feel for the teens and where they race. Have seen it at many title meets, the teen simply cannot compete with the budget of the tech boys, these sandbaggers cannot mix it with the mod drivers so they trohpy hunt and buy themselves a stock trophy.

I do not understand why you want to buy all this tech and crap jut to go slow.

Last edited by Sam-E; 02-10-2010 at 12:41 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
.... Debating this stuff is what I do when I'm bored at work. And as long as ideas are being shared I'll continue to listen...
I'll see your bored at work and raise you with some bored in a blizzard!
Old 02-10-2010, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
I'll see your bored at work and raise you with some bored in a blizzard!
LOL We got the snow you are getting yesterday
Old 02-10-2010, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Twenty-nine pages and still no real solution. I will tell you guys this: there really is not much of a solution for the stock class. You can't stop technological progress and human ingenuity. Remember back when brushed motors armatures were tagged, some still found ways to tweak them to get that slight advantage over the other racers that did not figure it out. Who is going to do the constant tech to make sure racers aren't changing ESC setting in the pits? Why would a manufacturer waste monies producing a second line of product to satisfy a very small segment when they are making bank on the technologically advanced line? Plus, there is no such thing as "stock" anymore. The classes should be set up by either a driver's skill-level or by motor divisions.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JLock
Twenty-nine pages and still no real solution. I will tell you guys this: there really is not much of a solution for the stock class. You can't stop technological progress and human ingenuity. Remember back when brushed motors armatures were tagged, some still found ways to tweak them to get that slight advantage over the other racers that did not figure it out. Who is going to do the constant tech to make sure racers aren't changing ESC setting in the pits? Why would a manufacturer waste monies producing a second line of product to satisfy a very small segment when they are making bank on the technologically advanced line? Plus, there is no such thing as "stock" anymore. The classes should be set up by either a driver's skill-level or by motor divisions.
+1!!!
We are trying to fit the new technology into old racing classes...square peg in a round hole...or is that three wires to two tabs???
Old 02-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Tech Addict

This thread is stupid racing classes get faster every year. If the cars are to fast race in the vta, or silver can class. The tekin esc are $180.00-$220 compared to 400 for the black diamond esc. You also get free software updates to make them faster were you have to buy lrp and novak esc every month. You will never be able to slow down the race cars. If you take something away they will find another way around it. Just like in f1 racing they tried to slow the cars down beacuse they said that they were getting to fast so the cars run 2.4 liter v8 engines producing 730hp-750hp 18000rpms compared to 930hp-970-hp 22000rpms produced by the 3.0 liter v10 engines. And guess what they have found a way to run the same laptimes that they were running when they had more power. It is a fact of racing every year the Rc cars get faster electric and nitro. If you can't keep up get out of it and find a class that you can keep up with.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

cheater speed controls... that one was funny
Old 02-10-2010, 04:43 PM
Tech Regular

So here we are still. Fun to read the back and forth.

Cheater speedo. That is a good one. Only a cheater if you don't have one? I also think the analogy of the teens not being able to afford one is'nt a strong one either. Basic economics. Not everyone gets to have what everyone else has.Besides, don't know too many "Teens" that can afford a $400 TC kit. Is that not fair either that I can have one but someone else can't?

Anyhow, I buy all "this tech and crap" because it's fun to play with. Remember, "toy cars". That's why we do this. It's fun. At least a the club level. National level, A different story. Maybe not so fun?

Still think part of the answer is driver monitoring and class placement by skill level.....? Oh yeah, and kick out everyone that has better stuff than I do.

Rob.........
Old 02-10-2010, 05:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Thumbs down

Nascar has motor limits and a whole gaggle of other rules and do you really think the samll guy can beat JJ more than not? Brushless just opened pandora's box for the racer. Spec racing really only last a few months. Then people get bored and drop it. NO real solution!!! 5yrs from now we will be talking about the same thing.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mdwaeracer
Nascar has motor limits and a whole gaggle of other rules and do you really think the samll guy can beat JJ more than not? Brushless just opened pandora's box for the racer. Spec racing really only last a few months. Then people get bored and drop it. NO real solution!!! 5yrs from now we will be talking about the same thing.

Well if you guys do not want to take care of the young padawans whom join the sport then racing is doomed.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Tech Legend

Hard to understand how someone can find satisfaction beating the new guys...

I would love to race the fast sedan guys in the fast class (Mod Sedan) and beat them with the same satisfaction they get when they beat the new guys....
Old 02-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Tech Regular

I agree. No young ones, no future.I'm pretty sure no one here or at least where I race is not concerened about the young guys. Like was said, they are the future of the sport. I started back after many years to get my son into it. I get it.

See, there's part of the problem. Stock = new guy.... I see the point but that is'nt the case anymore. Being one of the new guys, I'm not feeling too disparaged.

To be honest though, I can't wait until I'm "skilled" enough to move on to 13.5(the new mod)

Gosh, beat up on the new guys? How else are you supposed to good about yourself?

Rob........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.