Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Defective Jaco Blue Tires >

Defective Jaco Blue Tires

Defective Jaco Blue Tires

Old 01-17-2011, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)

Yup thats right everybody just keep blowing 40 bucks a set for tires that you have a 50/50 shot at best that they will last more than 3 heats and a main. If they did indeed have a bad batch they should have been pulled. Or the company should be making things right for all the people who were unfortunate enough to get bad ones. I personaly have 4 sets that have come apart on me the 4th or 5th run. It is ridiculous.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I have a set that chunked like foams and the glue around the bead looks to be bad. Anyone know where I can send them?
Old 01-17-2011, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mracer
I have a set that chunked like foams and the glue around the bead looks to be bad. Anyone know where I can send them?
Send the tires to the trash and reuse the rims to put some Sorex's on. Because it is quite obvious that they (Jaco) are not planning on doing anything other than telling you to keep buying sets till you get ones that don't suck. Could you imagine if all companies treated people like that
Old 01-17-2011, 04:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Davin
Send the tires to the trash and reuse the rims to put some Sorex's on. Because it is quite obvious that they (Jaco) are not planning on doing anything other than telling you to keep buying sets till you get ones that don't suck. Could you imagine if all companies treated people like that
I have "heard" they are replacing them. That is what they should do. I think they have one or two runs on them
Old 01-17-2011, 05:03 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by locked
I bought a new set for the leg of the SOS series that was at Lou's Speedway. They lasted 4 runs. On the 5th run, a belt on one tire tore right through the rubber.

So there are still some duds kicking around out there.
JACO Racing Products, Inc.
600 Shenandoah Ave.
Elkton, VA

Tel: (540) 298-0446
Fax: (540) 298-7504

Please send your inquiries to: [email protected]

Sounds like the old batch that someone still had on the shelf. Just contact Jaco and they will make it right.

Yup thats right everybody just keep blowing 40 bucks a set for tires that you have a 50/50 shot at best that they will last more than 3 heats and a main. If they did indeed have a bad batch they should have been pulled. Or the company should be making things right for all the people who were unfortunate enough to get bad ones. I personaly have 4 sets that have come apart on me the 4th or 5th run. It is ridiculous.
Davin...just exactly who did you talk to? Or did you even try and would rather come here and start bashing? The address, phone number and email is above. They will be more than glad to check your tires out to see if it is a manufacturing defect. But you have to at least try first.

EA
Old 01-17-2011, 05:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
JACO Racing Products, Inc.
600 Shenandoah Ave.
Elkton, VA

Tel: (540) 298-0446
Fax: (540) 298-7504

Please send your inquiries to: [email protected]

Sounds like the old batch that someone still had on the shelf. Just contact Jaco and they will make it right.

Davin...just exactly who did you talk to? Or did you even try and would rather come here and start bashing? The address, phone number and email is above. They will be more than glad to check your tires out to see if it is a manufacturing defect. But you have to at least try first.

EA
I have heard they would. I forgot I had these until today. I was going through some stuff and found them. I am a slacker lol.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

I called Jaco twice and got no response and sent an email and got no response. I would love to send them back if they send me a prepaid shipping label. I am not investing another dime of my money into these tires. Why should I have to send them in? Why can a picture not tell a story. if they know they have a problem Why not just make it right?
Old 01-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I called Jaco twice and got no response and sent an email and got no response. I would love to send them back if they send me a prepaid shipping label. I am not investing another dime of my money into these tires. Why should I have to send them in? Why can a picture not tell a story. if they know they have a problem Why not just make it right?
Because a picture isn't going to let them cut them apart and do some measurements to see if your set has a billion miles on them or 3 runs. Try sending a pic in on a real car tire and see how that works for ya.

Its what like a couple of bucks to send them back? But you'd rather do nothing and complain about the money spent already and how they should send you a address label too, maybe Jack should come and take them off your car as well?
Old 01-17-2011, 05:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think sending in the actual tire(s) is fair. I could make the ones I have look like 2-3 sets if I took the pics right. All I want is what I paid for - a good set of tires
Old 01-17-2011, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think sending in the actual tire(s) is fair. I could make the ones I have look like 2-3 sets if I took the pics right. All I want is what I paid for - a good set of tires
Exactly.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks EA. If the set I just bought do the same thing, I might contact Jaco. If it requires the duds to be shipped back though, I won't bother paying to ship them to the states on the off chance they might be replaced.

I only bought them because they were the spec tire for a series of trophy races here. I actually missed a race because the first set I bought were duds and I couldn't get Jaco blues anywhere locally, so I ordered a new set from a store in Edmonton and paid for the fastest shipping offered, but they still didn't arrive in time for the next race in the series. There is one race left that I probably won't be able to get to and I race open tire classes normally, so I might just use them for practice, but that's about it. Definitely not worth it for me to spend more money on tires I may never use. I really do have some of the crappiest luck. If I did get a replacement, they'd probably get lost or damaged in shipping. Seriously.

Thanks though
Old 01-17-2011, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Guys Jaco is doing all they can to make things right. And I hope that some of you that are having problems have at least tried to contact Jaco about it. If you are having problems getting in touch with Jaco please send me an email at [email protected] and I will take it from there. We understand that there was a problem and we are doing all we can to take care of it. Also it was not a certain batch so we can't go off of that. To be honest the amount of tires that we have been selling we have had little problem's but the company Jaco is we don't want to have any. What I mean by that is if we sell a million and only 1000 sets have a problem that's pretty good. Also that was just a number but you get the picture of what I am trying to say. Jaco as a company has done a lot for the racing community in the US and have been around for a long time. They are one of the only US based company left. Jack loves this hobby/sport just as much as everyone else.

Thanks Drew
[email protected]
Old 01-17-2011, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

Where are you paying $40 dollars for a set of Jaco Blues at? There are places on line that sell them for around $27.99. At big races they are $25.00. If your so concerned about blowing money why don't you look around for a better deal on them. Not trying to pick on you at all, but you seem to be the one that is voicing your opinion strongly.

Sorry to inform you but the only way to get the tires replaced is to send them in. Jaco has to see the tire's to make sure there is a problem and also see what the problem is. I wish we were a company that just sent out free stuff to everyone that has a problem, but I don't know of any company that does that.

Thanks Drew

Thanks Drew
Old 01-17-2011, 06:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
Guys Jaco is doing all they can to make things right. And I hope that some of you that are having problems have at least tried to contact Jaco about it. If you are having problems getting in touch with Jaco please send me an email at [email protected] and I will take it from there. We understand that there was a problem and we are doing all we can to take care of it. Also it was not a certain batch so we can't go off of that. To be honest the amount of tires that we have been selling we have had little problem's but the company Jaco is we don't want to have any. What I mean by that is if we sell a million and only 1000 sets have a problem that's pretty good. Also that was just a number but you get the picture of what I am trying to say. Jaco as a company has done a lot for the racing community in the US and have been around for a long time. They are one of the only US based company left. Jack loves this hobby/sport just as much as everyone else.

Thanks Drew
[email protected]
There is no problem with Jaco's integrity as far as I am concerned. I was just wondering where to send tires that were bad (from this fall) I should have sent them in before now, but I put them in a box and forgot to do it. I have had probably 6-8 sets since them with 0 issues. I am still going to run Jaco on my TC and 12 with no plans of changing. 1 bad set is no big deal!
Old 01-17-2011, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

There is no problem with Jaco's integrity as far as I am concerned. I was just wondering where to send tires that were bad (from this fall) I should have sent them in before now, but I put them in a box and forgot to do it. I have had probably 6-8 sets since them with 0 issues. I am still going to run Jaco on my TC and 12 with no plans of changing. 1 bad set is no big deal!
Thanks. When you send them in please send me an email to let me know so I can follow up on them.

Also I will check with Jack tomorrow it may be easy just to send tires to me and I can verify that there was a problem.

Thanks Drew

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.