Old 02-09-2010, 12:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hmmm. sounds to me like you two might be sponsored by Jaco? just sayin
Old 02-09-2010, 02:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Goggles Paesan
Hmmm. sounds to me like you two might be sponsored by Jaco? just sayin
Why, because they make a valid point? We don't sponsor many drivers for rubber tire. Perhaps 2 or 3 at most. I have no idea who posted those replies. Why can't anyone cut us some slack? I get on here trying to get to the bottom of an issue I wasn't even aware of until yesterday and I can't catch a break.
I sent my supplier a link to this thread so they could read about these issues. Much to my surprise, they responded quickly and their response may surprise you. They admitted that the previous batch of rubber we received was, indeed, slightly different. They said that they had similar issues with other tires so they confronted their supplier with the problem. After checking batch mixing schedules it was determined that the compound they received was slightly off. Obviously my next question was how we can avoid this in the future. They assured me that it wouldn't happen again because they had implemented quality measures to prevent future problems. Hmmmmm. I suppose I need to give them the benefit of the doubt since this appears to be limited to the previous batch of tires. To my knowledge all tires prior to the last shipment have been very consistent. I also reminded them of the issues with the belt showing through. I didn't get as enthusiastic a guarantee on that. It seems to be par for the course. We try to weed them out as we mount them, but sometimes it is difficult to see. All I can say is that if you get a set of tires with the belt showing when new, send them back and we will replace them.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

FWIW, bigdog xxx-s isn't using one of those latest speed controls. Just an SPX.

Are the tires in stores now from the bad batch or since the quality measures were put in place?
Old 02-09-2010, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks for the feedback Jack. Do you think all those tires should be through the sales channel? Where these tires mounted on the new rim so if a hobby shop has the older style rim the rubber should as usual?
Old 02-09-2010, 07:11 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Thanks for looking into this and taking it seriously Jack, the collective rubber tire crowd greatly appreciates it.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

So, is there a definitive way to determine if you've got a bad set? If they're bad, can they be sent in and replaced?

I bought my first ever set of Jaco's from an LHS around the time this thread was started. They've got the sharpie-blue stickers inside. I can't tell simply by handling if they're bad, because a) I'm not very good, and b) I've never run Jaco's before. But I'd really, really rather not waste a bunch of time chasing setup or being frustrated with the new car because of a bad set of tires.

-Mike
Old 04-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Jack Please read

I have now feel victim to this i have had 2 sets in the past two weeks slipt open. one set only had 7 runs on them the other had 12 runs.

now what do i do. i dont want to buy another set cause they way this has been going those will slipt them im out 80+ dollars.

Jack please let me know what to do. i can take pics and send them to you.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)

Soooooo! Was this issue ever further discussed or is it dead in the water and people are just rolling over and dealing with it? I have had 3 sets of these in the last month and they have all been JUNK. I have called Jaco 2 times and they said jack would call me back and I never recieved a response. What wonderfull customer service we experience in this industry.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

This summer I got back into RC racing. The first tires I went with were Jaco Blues, because it was spec for my class. The first two sets blew out at least one tire just like all the pictures in 6 runs or less. I thought "Oh man, this is supposed to replace FOAM?" I found a phone number for them and called/emailed Jaco about a half dozen times and NEVER got any response at all. I gave up stripped the tires from the rims and remounted Sweep and Sorex rubber on 'em.

The third set I bought (because I had to if I was going to race in the starter class at my track) has lasted through the fall on asphalt and now for about 3 dozen runs on carpet. No issues at all, still going strong. In fact, turned the fastest lap I've ever turned in our Muscle Car (bastardized VTA) two weeks ago on this same set of tires.

I think that there are still plenty of bad Jaco tires still on pegs at local hobby shops all over. At least, I HOPE that's what it is, as I sit here looking at a brand new set of Blues that I will be running this weekend!

Oh, one of my sets of bad tires had the hand colored blue stickers, the other looked like it was punched from blue paper......just like my one good set and my new set.

Last edited by Buckaroo; 01-03-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:16 AM
Tech Adept

Sad thing is they aren't standing behind their product! I've called and emailed was made promises and they fell through. This company is a joke and so are their reps! I've had issues with other companies and no questions asked sent out replacement and prompt service. I guess when you've locked up most of the big spec races you don't have to have quality product or great customer service! Kinda like the Detoit Lions why have a good team when you sell tickets and merchandise anyway. I know the two tracks where I race are getting away from them and I say good !!
Old 01-04-2011, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)

My local track is looking into other options as well. Its a shame that a company can let a product go to hell like this and have no explanation for the customers who spend hard earned money on it.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I'm guessing by the date of the original post there must have been a batch issue, I've ran through 5 sets recently as well as friends running through probably 20+ and I haven't seen or heard anyone complaining about this. The birds are in a few weeks, if its still a problem it will show up there.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Novak Race

I also raced at this race and it was actually my first rubber tire race but I do remember some talk in the pits that the people were questioning the tires and were wondering if they were even blues.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Every Jaco I've run has been defective...not one of them had any grip.

Last edited by Xpress; 01-04-2011 at 07:05 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

I quit running Jaco tires and now run Solaris due to the amount of bad Jaco tires ive run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.