R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   help with old tekin programmable esc! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/3639-help-old-tekin-programmable-esc.html)

motoxr 03-11-2002 10:58 AM

help with old tekin programmable esc!

hey guys i need some a intruction booklet, or info on a old tekin speed control that had the numbered keypad on top with no heatsinks. everybody used these things backin the early 90's. so i know some of u guys may have one still around. let me know if u can help. ant help would be appreciated. thanks, josh

motoxr 03-11-2002 11:23 AM

ttt

motoxr 03-11-2002 11:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
heres a pic of it.

RAP66 03-11-2002 11:56 AM

Tekin Quantum.... if I remember right ....

I MIGHT have a book somewhere... let me see if I still have

Rich

motoxr 03-11-2002 07:18 PM

man rich that would be most excellent! let me know.your the man! josh:)

Besercoe 03-12-2002 12:24 AM

Its a tekin 410K

Try the tekin website, not in business still, but i think they still have all instructions on there

RAP66 03-12-2002 12:54 AM

THat Speedo is OLDER than a 410....

motoxr... I didnt have the manual... I do have one more source, my bud still runs that ESC in a pan car. I'll call him tomorrow and see if has still has the instructions, or if I can get some directions from him

Rich

dtm 03-12-2002 05:37 AM

I use to have one of these, but not now..... let me rack my memory!

To set radio:
Press FN then RADIO (5)
on the TX apply full throttle, then full brake, then let go (neutral) and wait! it will set itself!

TIME function
ESC can have different amp limits which kick in at different time from switch on (in seconds). Press FN then TIME then enter a number to represent seconds, then ENTER.

LIM function
This is the amp limit related to the TIME function. ie. with TIME 2 set at 60 and LIM 1 set at 80 you will have 80A for first 60 seconds from switch on. etc...to reset use 0 as an input or a very large value!! I think the LIM input value should be between 0-100.

SENS function
Press FN then SENS and then a number 0-9. This is the EXP response of the TX throttle trigger to the ESC response. 5 is linear, less than 5 is softer acceleration, greater than 5 is heavier acceleration.

BRK MIN/BRK MAX
Self explanitory for min and max brakes. I think the value should be between 10-100.

If you have the first generation ESC then you won't have an external on/off switch. There is a neat feature with this ESC that if you apply full brakes for over a certain numbers of seconds (I can't remember the number) the ESC will switch off!!!!! beware!!!

With the second generation 410k then holding the brakes will reset the timer function!

There may be slight variations from what I've written above....its been a long time since I used this ESC and I'm going from memory!!! So just play with it!!!

Sorry for the extra long post!!

motoxr 03-12-2002 06:24 AM

thamks dtm, let me know if your buddy has the book, jokur. thanks to all for the help so far. josh

motoxr 03-12-2002 06:25 AM

yeah its a 410k thats what i remember too. took alittle to jog my memory. its from back around 92 or so.

motoxr 03-12-2002 06:26 AM

but this controller isnt on the tekin website, i checked already. they still have a phone number that is active but no answer. another good company down the tubes.

RAP66 03-12-2002 08:20 AM

It's a 410??? I could haves worn it was called a Quantum, it's been a while!

Rich

motoxr 03-12-2002 01:09 PM

i was pretty sure it was 410k...i always remembered k for the little keyboard.

Besercoe 03-14-2002 02:32 AM

it was a great little speedo, i loved the off function from the radio, just had to pull the car up somewhere safe and turn it off from the stand, no need to worry about it taking off.

Not many people know but it was actually developed from a little australian speedo manufacturer, in the early nineties called Purge, they had one quite similar in an even smaller case

motoxr 03-14-2002 06:22 AM

hmmmmm...very interesting.:weird: