Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TC5 Diff problems?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 06:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default TC5 Diff problems?????

Hello, I think I have a front diff problem with my TC5. I just bought this car used and I'm not sure if this is normal or not. The problem is the front diffs continue to spin in the forward direction even when the brakes are applied? Also I noticed that when I spin one front wheel in any direction the opposit wheel does not turn at all. When on power all 4 wheels work perform as they should. Is this normal or do I need to rebuild the diffs? Thanks in advance
Old 01-24-2010, 07:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dubsixta
Hello, I think I have a front diff problem with my TC5. I just bought this car used and I'm not sure if this is normal or not. The problem is the front diffs continue to spin in the forward direction even when the brakes are applied? Also I noticed that when I spin one front wheel in any direction the opposit wheel does not turn at all. When on power all 4 wheels work perform as they should. Is this normal or do I need to rebuild the diffs? Thanks in advance
It sounds like the front is installed with the one-way
Old 01-24-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

+1 on the oneway, will let the wheels freewheel in one direction only.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by katfish317
+1 on the oneway, will let the wheels freewheel in one direction only.
+2 for one way, they are pretty good if that doesnt work on the track then buy a spool kit.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the reply, I've heard of this one way kit before but was not too sure what it was all about. I'll have to give this a try at the track this weekend and hope all works out . Thanks again.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The only down fall to racing with a oneway is that you lose brakes on that end of the car . Go ahead and get a spool for the front, especiallly if you are running outside on asphalt, One ways are more for foam racing indoors on carpet. They can be hard to control if you do not know much about racing with them. Look at the assoc slipper spool, or an after market one like the titanium racing one. I have the Ti racing one and love it alot!
Old 01-25-2010, 09:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by katfish317
The only down fall to racing with a oneway is that you lose brakes on that end of the car . Go ahead and get a spool for the front, especiallly if you are running outside on asphalt, One ways are more for foam racing indoors on carpet. They can be hard to control if you do not know much about racing with them. Look at the assoc slipper spool, or an after market one like the titanium racing one. I have the Ti racing one and love it alot!
I was wondering if I was going to have breaking problems When I was testing the car in the basement and noticed I had poor breaks and the front wheels didn't lock. I'll be running 13.5 at my track so I hope I don't plow through the wall at the end of the straight. I think I will have to look into getting the spool kit. I'll have to see how the weekend goes and what some of the guys are running. This on road thing is a whole new ball park to off road Thanks for the info I'll look into it. Is there a disadvantage to having a spool kit when running rubber tires on carpet