Community
Wiki Posts
Search

kyosho kx-one or losi xxx-s

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2002, 09:18 PM
Tech Adept

Default kyosho kx-one or losi xxx-s

i would appreciate any feedback on these two cars...looking for a ep car to race ocassionally nothing serious....

thanks,
Richard
Old 03-09-2002, 11:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have both cars, or had, since I sold the KX1. The Losi is a much better car and the parts are easier to come by when you break something. The KXone comes with a front oneway and they are having trouble with them breaking. For your use I dont recomend a oneway.
Old 03-10-2002, 02:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

XXX-S!!!! its a much better car!
Old 03-10-2002, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

I went with the xxx-s mainly because of parts availablility
Old 03-10-2002, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

I have a KX-One for sale, $175, has an extra set of arms(Front and rear)...check my post in for sale forum if interested, thanks
Old 03-10-2002, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

i think the xxx-s will be more durable bec of its sealed drivetrain. check with your lhs which one has better parts support.
Old 03-11-2002, 06:46 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If your just looking for something to mess around with, I would say go with the less expensive XXX-S. The HPI Pro3 can be had for next to nothing these days as well.

Or you could go the used route, and get an expensive car cheap.
Old 03-11-2002, 07:23 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: kyosho kx-one or losi xxx-s

Originally posted by rleong
i would appreciate any feedback on these two cars...looking for a ep car to race ocassionally nothing serious....

thanks,
Richard
well first of all...where are you from? are you in a place where you could get parts for xxx-s or kx-one? i think you should think of the location aswell...

for example...hk has absolutly no parts for xxxs and hardly anyone race that car!
Old 03-11-2002, 07:27 AM
Tech Initiate

I use to race the KX-One and I noticed that the front one ways are really weak and the chassis would flex on hard turns. I just raced it with mod motors since I only run mod classes. After a few tweaks on the car and some help from the Kyosho drivers, the car was alright but it wasn't "there" yet.

There is not much support for the car so I dumped it. Pretty much gave it away. Anyway, that is my view on the car.
Old 03-11-2002, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

I have both and like both. The KX-One is light and fast. Has good acceleration (in Stock). There are many people that have had problems with the one-way bearings going bad. I haven't had this problem yet and I've run at least 20 packs through the car in racing and just practicing. The car has a tiny bit of flex but it keeps the car planted. If you can get parts easily and at a decent price, it's a very good car.

On the other hand, there's my Losi. It ran great out of the box with the stock setup (except for using lighter shock oil). It carves turns and changes direction very well. Great car if you have a smooth flowing style. With a mod motor in it, I honestly believe it's the best car out right now. I just got the one-way for it and haven't run it yet but if it allows you to be as aggressive into and out of turns as the KX-One (or a TC3) then the car is complete.