Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Racing Lamborghini? >

Racing Lamborghini?

Racing Lamborghini?

Old 03-16-2004, 10:02 PM
Tech Adept

Default Racing Lamborghini?

Does anyone out there race with a Lamborghini body?

I've never even heard a mention of it so I'm not too sure. I have a Gallardo body I'd like to race but if it makes my car handle poorly or something I'll go with something else.

I'm planning on racing on a short, tight track.. not a lot of high speeds. Carpet.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:11 AM
Tech Adept

Beeb - Are you going to race at hobbytown in westminster? Stop by and introduce your self. I will be racing tonight. If you have any questions about any thing just ask. There is one other guy at the track that is running a Pro4, his name is Paul. He said that the setup in the manual for carpet is pretty good place to start. As for the body, for club racing you can run pretty much whatever body that you want. For the most part you cannot tell the difference between bodies unless your are at a very high skill level.

Later, Lee
Old 03-17-2004, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

You probably won't be able to tell specifically what's wrong with your car, it will just not handle as well. The Lamb doesn't handle as well as other car bodies. It isn't the same as real life. With real 1:1 bodies, motors and placemnet of motor, suspension, etc. all are taken in to affect. With RC, you just change the shell and anything will fit. Of course for a low speed, small track, the affects of aerodynamics are lessened.
Old 03-17-2004, 12:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Honestly, I'd get something else. You won't be able to tune your driving skills if you have an ill handling car. If you're running a body that will inherantly (sp?) give you poor handling, you'll never get the car to work right and won't be able to get better. If you want an exotic looking body that handles well, go for the Chevron Models Bugatti. You can get it from www.speedtechrc.com.
http://64.70.208.72/speedtechrc/295.html
It looks great on the track and is one of the best handling bodies I've ever run.
Old 03-17-2004, 02:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by LeeS
Beeb - Are you going to race at hobbytown in westminster? Stop by and introduce your self. I will be racing tonight.
Yeah, that's the track. I'll try and stop by tonight to see how everything is run.

-Eric
Old 03-17-2004, 03:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i second jkerr's take on the bugatti. i race at one track that allows non-roar compliant bodies, and this was my shell of choice. the snub nose, narrow compartment and low profile look NICE. only thing i plan on changing is making the wing a bit more aggressive (down and lateral force)
Old 03-17-2004, 03:07 PM
Tech Adept

Is the bugatti the EB110LM?
Old 03-17-2004, 03:10 PM
Tech Champion

Yes. It's the EB110LM-S one that shows in stock. The bottom one was designed for longer tracks and had a little different shape but they found that the short track version EB110LM-S handles better on long tracks as well. So they recently discontinued them. If you want to get one, I'd suggest you place your order. When He's got them in stock they usually go pretty quick and they take him awhile to get since they have to be special ordered from Japan.
Old 03-19-2004, 12:13 AM
Tech Adept

Ok, so I'm planning on running a Trinity/Andy's Accord body for racing. I'll pick up the bugatti body as soon as I get some $$.
Old 03-19-2004, 08:12 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by jkerr0043
Yes. It's the EB110LM-S one that shows in stock. The bottom one was designed for longer tracks and had a little different shape but they found that the short track version EB110LM-S handles better on long tracks as well. So they recently discontinued them. If you want to get one, I'd suggest you place your order. When He's got them in stock they usually go pretty quick and they take him awhile to get since they have to be special ordered from Japan.
But there is a new revision out now from the long version. I think itīs the LM-R2.
Old 03-19-2004, 08:43 AM
Tech Champion

That's news to me. Must not have hit the States yet. Steve @ SpeedtechRC is the only US distibutor for them. If he dosen't have them, we really can't get them unless we order from HK or something.
Old 03-19-2004, 10:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by jkerr0043
If you want to get one, I'd suggest you place your order. When He's got them in stock they usually go pretty quick and they take him awhile to get since they have to be special ordered from Japan.
OK, I just ordered one. THX.
Old 03-22-2004, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

"Ok, so I'm planning on running a Trinity/Andy's Accord body for racing."

I don't think this is a big choice either, so your car won't handle like it should and you'll have to retweak when you get the new body.
Old 03-22-2004, 10:33 AM
Tech Rookie

My brother has a 1/10th scale lambo body. I think there is a micro lambo body.
Old 03-22-2004, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

There is a micro lambo body too. Because the scale of micro reduces the affects of aerodynamics, the body isn't as big of a concern. Because the choices are limited for micro, most guys usually choose the Ferarri. It has a 150mm wheelbase and works decent.