Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya Mini racing, silly race ideas to make it more funner. :P

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Tamiya Mini racing, silly race ideas to make it more funner. :P

We have a discussion going elsewhere where we are trying to imagine scenarios to add to racing Tamiya Mini's that could make the racing even more fun. Feel free to toss in your crazy ideas. Tamiya mini's on a road course circuit. THE ONLY GOAL of these thoughts is to get people on the stand to have a VERY good time, with lot's of laughing and crowd participation. Feel free to post your ideas to have the most fun possible.

Here are some examples:
and in no particular order.

a) At random computer determined intervals, change direction for the rest of the race. If you make it so you have to cross the line before changing direction, you'll have a scenario where you have people going both directions on the track for a bout a lap... THAT'S AWESOME!!!

b) bump to pass, mandatory. or at the very least, you have to make the effort to hack the guy passing you.

c) risky short cuts that only save time about 1/2 the time.

d) very small jumps and dots all over the place

e) once on the drivers stand, a random draw takes place and cars and radios are re-distributed to different drivers for that heat. you don't get to drive your car. But, with additional points being given to the car owner if his car finishes well. Imagine the fun if you have a few stick radio and wheel radio guys in the mix. :P
Old 01-20-2010, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

I think Bob is snowed in....
Old 01-20-2010, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

People aren't doing this already?

Last night at West Coast RC Raceway in SoCal, the mini drivers did a surpise reverse grid for the main and the more "experienced" drivers lined up backwards for added challenge. During the race we were screaming, "Hack the leader!" and laughing the whole time. We also did a heads up motocross start and a Le Mans start for the qualifiers. You mean like that?
Old 01-20-2010, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Three
I think Bob is snowed in....
yep.

Originally Posted by stitchy
People aren't doing this already?

Last night at West Coast RC Raceway in SoCal, the mini drivers did a surpise reverse grid for the main and the more "experienced" drivers lined up backwards for added challenge. During the race we were screaming, "Hack the leader!" and laughing the whole time. We also did a heads up motocross start and a Le Mans start for the qualifiers. You mean like that?
Great ideas... JUST LIKE THAT! Bring 'em on!
Old 01-20-2010, 03:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I always wanted to see a mini race with an animal pelt or racoon hat on it. call it racoon races or rat races .
Ok... i'm a little odd
Old 01-20-2010, 03:53 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

how about a section that has NOTHING but dots.. kinda like moguls in skiing?

side by side starts?

jumps? big enough to be fun... but small enough so that the cars dont get damaged.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I think the random reversing directions thing is an awful idea because you could have 2 cars head on eachother at a combined speed of like 40 mph or so. The jumps, however, sound very fun.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

How about doing a team class where two drivers and two cars team up. Then Tie both cars together with a 5ft piece of nylon rope Both drivers would be forced to drive at each others pace, and the rope could be used to take out other teams on the track and to prevent other teams from passing

Sounds like a lot of fun to me I think I will run it by a few of the locals and see if there game
Old 01-20-2010, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Tie two M03s together, put a oneway in the front one, and no fwd throttle for the rear. Basically, the front car has to do the accel, and the rear one to brake.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

One week, we set the starting grid up in a circle, with all the cars facing the center. half the cars had reverse enabled, so they started facing backwards. At the tone, they all charged forward or punced reverse and tried to do a power spin to get going. Great fun for the spectators.

Also, I think any cars that break down or die during the race have to left on the track as targets, er obstacles. Marshalls have the right to reposition said cannon fodder at their discretion.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Timmie
How about doing a team class where two drivers and two cars team up. Then Tie both cars together with a 5ft piece of nylon rope Both drivers would be forced to drive at each others pace, and the rope could be used to take out other teams on the track and to prevent other teams from passing

Sounds like a lot of fun to me I think I will run it by a few of the locals and see if there game
for larger/wider track.. CONNECT them together side by side!

makes me want to get a mini just to try this stuff out!!!
Old 01-20-2010, 05:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
for larger/wider track.. CONNECT them together side by side!

makes me want to get a mini just to try this stuff out!!!
LOL! Yeah I have mine in front of me right now trying to figure out where to tie some rope Dude...think about the cool sling shot passes that could be made!

What do you say Chris....new class for the nats?
Old 01-20-2010, 07:05 PM

Posts like this Really bum me out that we dont have any classes like this here in Portland, Or. Just the "Serious" stuff At a previous indoor track (thats closed now) we had a "Prerunner" class with Tamiya trucks and we talked about having figure eight races, and my favorite, a Trailer race, all cars had to pull a trailer and if the trailer came off you had to stop. Man where do they race fun stuff like this I think Im gonna move there.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

have teams of two drivers. Take one mini and take another mini and duct tape it to the top of the other one, facing the same way. Then race them around like regular. When it flips, the other driver drives
Old 01-20-2010, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We had an X-ray challenge in 2008 at Jonesboro, AR in which Paul L. and D. Ellis took turns qualifying someone else's mini. They changed heats and still dominated every heat they drove in.

In the main, they both shared the controller. And by shared, Drew ran the gas, Paul ran the steering.

They still dominated all of us. Working tandem.

Paul LeDrew. I'm sure Q has a pic of it somewhere.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.