R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   whats a better value for the $ (Tc3 XRAY) (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/36238-whats-better-value-%24-tc3-xray.html)

Jman-x 03-21-2004 08:53 AM

whats a better value for the $ (Tc3 XRAY)

i'm still undecided on what TC to get... I have narrowed my options between an xray evo 2 FOC that is brand new and stock or a full option FT Tc3 (carpet used)(the one im looking at has milled chassis, blue alluminum: arm mounts, chassis braces, battery strap, shock bushings, hex adapters, wheel nuts, center shaft, steering rack, servo/transponder mount, screw kit , heat-sink, threaded aluminum shocks, diff out drives ,dog bones to name a few)

Ok it seems like the Tc3 is better deal and will save me some grief in teh future but what do you think?

TC3er 03-21-2004 09:20 AM

Do you plan on racing carpet or asphalt, if you are going to race carpet I would go with the tc3 as it probably has a good carpet set-up, however the car is used. If you plan to race asphalt I would go with the Xray. But both are really good cars, it really is up to you and how much you want to spend. Hope this helps.:cool:

Jman-x 03-21-2004 09:34 AM

I plan to race asphalt. I am tempted by the Tc3 because it comes loaded with extra parts and upgrades. He said it was used on carpet only so I would think it would be in excellent. I have been told that I owuld have to upgrade the xray a bit to get it ready.

AdR|aN 03-21-2004 09:47 AM

Originally posted by Jman-x
I plan to race asphalt. I am tempted by the Tc3 because it comes loaded with extra parts and upgrades. He said it was used on carpet only so I would think it would be in excellent. I have been told that I owuld have to upgrade the xray a bit to get it ready.
I race stock XRAY without any hop ups necessary. And its still as fast as some heavily hop up cars. I am not the only one who uses an XRAY car as stock out of the box. Some might say it otherwise but a stock XRAY car is as fast as a heavily mod car. You can save the money to get other necessary items i.e : ESC, Servo, motor, Batteries and other stuff.

Furthermore XRAY EVO2 FOC is a great car with options of using C HUB or Pivot Ball suspension. But why don you hold on to your dollars and wait for the XRAY T1 Factory Kit. I already plan to change now.
:D :blush: :D
Just my 0.02. Not intended to offend anyone

TC3er 03-21-2004 09:48 AM

With the factory kit Xray you do not have to do anything to get it ready, out of the box it comes with everything you will need. Also it is the most tuneable car on the market.

AdR|aN 03-21-2004 09:49 AM

XRAY is a belt car whereby TC3 is a shaft car.
Which car suits you more? Driving style differs from car to car. So make a decision before purschasing a car.

Jman-x 03-21-2004 10:13 AM

factory xray= $$$ and i cant get one used....

if i got a new xray it would be evo 2 FOC. I may go with the TC3 because of parts availability

fatdoggy 03-21-2004 10:19 AM

Xray! :nod:

Roberto Falcon 03-21-2004 10:21 AM

ill go with the Xray too :nod: belt drive baby:sneaky:

True R/C Racing 03-21-2004 10:22 AM

Get tc3, If you have Money Get Xray. Tc3 will be cheaper All around Unless You Hit the Walls Alot. To Put the Xray on carpet You have To buy
Carpet Tower,
Stiff Topdeck,
Short arms,
etc.
You dont have to but to make it perform The best it can. Factory tc3 on other hand just springs, maybe steel outdrives And your Set. tc3 comes with sway bars, Which Xray doesnt. You can Find Tc3 parts Almost every hobby shop Xray its a Little Bit tougher. IF you got $ to spend Buy an Xray its Smoother Overall. My 2 Cents:cool:

True R/C Racing 03-21-2004 10:23 AM

ah, but your running Asphalt. So Either one will work good. I think Xray Will perform a Little Bit better on Asphalt Though. :D

AdR|aN 03-21-2004 10:23 AM

Originally posted by Jman-x
factory xray= $$$ and i cant get one used....

if i got a new xray it would be evo 2 FOC. I may go with the TC3 because of parts availability

Factory Kit XRAY (new) = Brand New EVO2 FOC
ITs the same price.

Quote from XRAY website
"The XRAY T1 Factory Kit will be offered at the same price as the current XRAY T1 Evo2 Freedom of Choice Edition.

You can expect the kit to be available in few weeks at your local store. Make sure to pre-order yours today"

True R/C Racing 03-21-2004 10:25 AM

Originally posted by AdR|aN
Factory Kit XRAY (new) = Brand New EVO2 FOC
ITs the same price.

Quote from XRAY website
"The XRAY T1 Factory Kit will be offered at the same price as the current XRAY T1 Evo2 Freedom of Choice Edition.

You can expect the kit to be available in few weeks at your local store. Make sure to pre-order yours today"

yep:nod: , But there Available now.

AdR|aN 03-21-2004 10:25 AM

Originally posted by True R/C Racing

Carpet Tower,
Stiff Topdeck,
Short arms,

Carpet tower? Wats that?

Stiff topdeck? Comes with XRAY T1 F.K.

Short arms? Comes with XRAY T1 F.K.

AdR|aN 03-21-2004 10:25 AM

Originally posted by True R/C Racing
yep:nod: , But there Available now.
Yeah ... too bad its slow in ASIA ... waiting patiently now to lay my hand on one ...
:lol: :lol: