Homemade Board Me and my Dad made

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Homemade Board Me and my Dad made

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Its cool but, Whos Going to work on there car in the Dark? Not trying be a Smarta$$ or anything Im just Curious, or am i Not Gettin the point?
Old 03-21-2004, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

Are you trying to make the board act as a Prism and send all the light through it? That would be cool if you made it work, does it help at all when the room light is ON?
Old 03-21-2004, 06:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

DOMOisCOOL

Good job!

for my board I used a 1/4 glass cutting board from Ross or Marshalls for under $10.00.. other cutting boards will work as well.... available in many different sizes, colors, & materials... no cutting, no riveting, no hassles, and warp free...
Old 03-21-2004, 08:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Its cool but, Whos Going to work on there car in the Dark? Not trying be a Smarta$$ or anything Im just Curious, or am i Not Gettin the point?

it's just to have 'trick' equipment in the pits. the blue light doesn't help at all....at dim tracks it looks pretty trick. even at tracks that are lit decently you can still see the blue light...i'm working on another verison that has a cleaner design.

basically it was built for fun....same reason people are putting lighted computer fans in chargers and other r/c items...doesn't help performance...but looks trick
Old 03-21-2004, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Nexus
basically it was built for fun....same reason people are putting lighted computer fans in chargers and other r/c items...doesn't help performance...but looks trick
I second that
Old 03-21-2004, 08:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

That gives me an idea. Anyone ever use a light table to work on. We had them in a drafting class I had in high school. Just frosted glass over florecent lights.
Old 03-21-2004, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Nexus
it's just to have 'trick' equipment in the pits. the blue light doesn't help at all....at dim tracks it looks pretty trick. even at tracks that are lit decently you can still see the blue light...i'm working on another verison that has a cleaner design.

i'd route a channel in the bottom for the light rope to fit into. that would look cool.
Old 03-21-2004, 08:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

That gives me an idea. Anyone ever use a light table to work on. We had them in a drafting class I had in high school. Just frosted glass over florecent lights
i would think those boards are to bulky to carry around to the track. but interesting idea....

i'd route a channel in the bottom for the light rope to fit into. that would look cool.
the light rope is in a route/groove that goes all around the board.

hopefully i'll have v.2 finished soon.
Old 03-21-2004, 08:57 PM
Tech Champion

I was thinking more for working at home. Would make it easy to see things.
Old 03-21-2004, 09:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

forgive me for being such a noob, but how exactly do you use a setup board, I get what it is for it's the how I don't get.
Old 03-21-2004, 09:20 PM
Tech Champion

Some, like the Hudy, have measurement marks on them so you can set toe etc. on them. Most of the time when guys have a flat board like these it's so you can set ride height camber and everything else on a flat surface.
Old 03-21-2004, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Look at it this way, try setting your ride height on an un-even carpet, not very effective eh? But have a super flat surface such as this and you know its correct. Can also check for tweak.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Homemade Board Me and my Dad made

Originally posted by AWOLsoldier

pops, where'd you get the foam from?
McMaster Carr

Mine is basically the same stuff that the Hobby Shops sell for protecting Receivers. 'McMaster Carr' just has it available in larger size sheets.

You could even use Cork if you wanted. All I did was laminate the Foam to one side of the Glass with some Spray Adhesive then trim the excess from the edges.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:52 AM
Tech Adept

pops...what industry you in? We use mcmaster alot and also small parts down in florida....you ever got prices on body clips from either of those places...i know small parts are 100 for little over 2 bucks and motor screws are about the same
Old 03-22-2004, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Brandon R

pops...what industry you in?
I have 25+ years experience as a Industrial Maintenance Mechanic/Technician. Used to order from McM and Grainger's almost daily.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.