R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   INDI 16X5v6 / Eagle CDC 6 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/36184-indi-16x5v6-eagle-cdc-6-a.html)

Cole Trickle 03-20-2004 12:38 PM

INDI 16X5v6 / Eagle CDC 6

How's the quality? I did a search, and it seems like some people are having problems with this charger.

AE Racer 03-20-2004 05:02 PM

I have no problems with mine so far. The minute counter on mine isnt accurate, but it doesnt matter.

leekayliang 03-20-2004 06:40 PM

CDC

Mine is working fine, but I do know the backlight does not work properly for some people.

P2 03-20-2004 06:51 PM

I have 2 of them, one of the backlights went out last week:cry:
They charge very well and wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. Lot of people at my local track use them with no real problems.

hobbipro 03-20-2004 07:06 PM

I have had a 16x5v6 ever since it came out, I had the regular 16x5 before that. Charging wise, its the most versitile charger I've ever owned. Its charged everything I have ever thrown at it. It has never false peaked, or performed poorly. The only problem I have incountered was my backlight went out, I was lucky enough to have bought a spare (green/yellowish) LCD before they took them off there web sight. So now instead of the blue, its the regular 16x5 color, no biggie. I think most people who have had this happen were from a bad first batch, other people who didnt get a first round havent had this issue. I did report this to integy, and they supposively will have blue spares soon.
The only other charger I would recommend in this price range is the LRP Pulsar Competition, Its similar in that it will cycle (only 10amps) and handles less cells (1-8) instead of 1-10. But it can be used for motor break in, powering lathes ect. If my 16x5v6 were to ever give me problems I'd pick up one of these.

rc-zombies 03-20-2004 07:16 PM

One of the best chargers I've ever used...best value for the money.... never had any problems with mine...backlit did go out...and Integy was quick to send a replacement the same day at no charge..... awesome costumer service...
I would definately buy another one...

Tres 03-20-2004 08:37 PM

I would agree...
Great charger...

Only thing it lacks is: Motor RUN!!!!!!!

FYI: my LRP backlight has went out.
My 16x5v6 never has!

Cole Trickle 03-20-2004 11:56 PM

Okay, sounds reasonably.

Do it automatic resume charging after a power source failure?

Can I download the manual somewhere? I couldnt find it on Integys site...

This auto-repeak thing, what do you guys think of it? Personally I think it'll overcharge the batts too much, if used for too long time. I would prefer a timer activated charge start. But what's your experience?

I did consider the LRP Pulsar, but I counted it out, because it only got 10 amps discharge. I'm a stock racer and I want punch !

Thanks.

MrEs 03-21-2004 01:38 AM

i have one that busted im actually sending it back tomorrow. but i must say the only reason that u hear about so many breaking is because there are just so many out there. they are so poular almost everyone at our tracks has em and they seem so popular on the forums too. mines the only one i personally know thats broke.

lee82gx 03-21-2004 02:03 AM

Originally posted by Cole Trickle
Okay, sounds reasonably.

Do it automatic resume charging after a power source failure?

Can I download the manual somewhere? I couldnt find it on Integys site...

This auto-repeak thing, what do you guys think of it? Personally I think it'll overcharge the batts too much, if used for too long time. I would prefer a timer activated charge start. But what's your experience?

I did consider the LRP Pulsar, but I counted it out, because it only got 10 amps discharge. I'm a stock racer and I want punch !

Thanks.

It does have a timed start.You can adjust it.

It's between this and the Pulsar where i race.
I have a new one just a couple of months old and the backlight is very steady.

sosidge 03-21-2004 02:22 AM

No problems here either, had it for about 6 months, backlight still going strong!

Best thing for me is that it a) Never false peaks and b) Can be set to charges/discharges pretty much any NiCd/NiMH cell - very useful when you're working with KAN 2/3A "micro" packs, or single cells.

leekayliang 03-21-2004 02:45 AM

Discharger with the CDC ver 6

I never used my CDC ver 6 for discharging, got a APEX discharger cum equalizer to discharge my cells at 20A.

Cole Trickle 03-22-2004 05:37 AM

Thanks guys.

I've found the manual online, in case some is interested.

By the way, I've just ordered this charger, should be here within 2 weeks.

seaball 03-22-2004 05:44 AM

cole,

cutoff is 0.8v/cell

the delta number is referencing a mV value per cell, and per pack. it's simple math, so i am not sure why we need both numbers, but whatever.

enjoy.

Cole Trickle 03-22-2004 05:48 AM

Thanks seaball, I found the ansvers (spelling :confused: ) elsewhere in the meantime, so I took the questions out of my previous post...

Are you using this charger, or do you just know everything? ;)