Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS or LRP SXX?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hebiki
wow.. mikky32 hasnt posted in here yet?
I don't have to. Look at the reactions. It's all Tekin.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

Sorry that I posted something
Old 01-14-2010, 01:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikky32
I don't have to. Look at the reactions. It's all Tekin.
Originally Posted by mikky32
Sorry that I posted something
THERE HE IS!
Old 01-14-2010, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
THERE HE IS!
worried his post count will catch up to yours?

Roger, Tekin RS.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:47 PM
LMB
Tech Initiate

LRP hands down is way better, the Tekin brakes are poor and people will pass you under brakes.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I like the LRP's for their ease of set up. I like the Tekin for the updatability. Right now the Tekin is the one to get for speed, but when the SXX stock spec actually hits the streets that may change quick. You may want to wait for the SXX SS and the Kenetic to release first, but I am sure Tekin will be able to keep up with them using the same speedo with a free update!
Old 01-15-2010, 12:13 AM
Tech Regular

Tekin got my money, smarter investment, no doubt!
Old 01-15-2010, 12:20 AM
Tech Elite

Well, to add to the points already made, if you want stock then the RSpro can do it. If you want mod, the RSPro can do that too. With the LRP you need one for each. I know you want stock now, but later down the track you might change your mind.

And I don't think you will need a software update every time to beat a new ESC with embedded software comes out for a number of reasons. Most importantly, not all tracks will be able to make use of every new esc coming out. With the Tekin you can be very competitive with older software even against newer hardware depending on your car and track. Mroeover, the Tekin is basically infinitely tuneable so you can match your settigns perfectly to your style, track, car.

It would be best to actually buy both (or a few other speedos) and test them against each other if you can afford it, that is.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by LMB
LRP hands down is way better, the Tekin brakes are poor and people will pass you under brakes.
I doubt you know what are you taking about I can lock my wheels at full brakes with my Rspro!
Old 01-15-2010, 12:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by LMB
Are you serious I can can lock all 4 wheels when braking this things amazing!!
Old 01-15-2010, 02:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by LMB
Originally Posted by porsche928gs
I doubt you know what are you taking about I can lock my wheels at full brakes with my Rspro!
Originally Posted by 008-Racer
Are you serious I can can lock all 4 wheels when braking this things amazing!!
I believe that the braking problem was limited to just one release of the firmware. It's just that people still don't seem to be used to the fact that the speedo can be updated and any problems fixed!

There is certainly no problem with braking with either the 200 or 203 releases of the firmware, I have to turn mine down to get the same as I did with a Nos**m.

Trev
Old 01-15-2010, 03:10 AM
LMB
Tech Initiate

The Tekin fanboys have arrived!!!
Old 01-15-2010, 03:19 AM
Tech Addict

I guess the thread starters question was about the new SXX StockSpec, but since it's not available yet all the feedback/comparisons/suggestions are a bit nonsense...
At DHI Cup the SXX StockSpec was the speedo of choice for most of the fast guys, but I know that Tekin isn't well represented in Europe so let's wait for first race in USA where both will attend which is the Snowbirds.

I'm sure both speedos will find their fans and I'm confident users of the SXX StockSpec will be super satisfied with it's specs and performance.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:32 AM
Tech Adept

If you are new to the hobby and want to smoke a motor get the Tekin, else get the LRP.

If you have been around a while, and like playing with shit, get the Tekin else get the LRP.

If you are lazy and dont like playing with shit, get the LRP.

If you are not computer savy, do not know what a port is and have no idea how to connect to an end device via a pc, get the LRP.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
Well, to add to the points already made, if you want stock then the RSpro can do it. If you want mod, the RSPro can do that too. With the LRP you need one for each. I know you want stock now, but later down the track you might change your mind.
You can run mod with LRP stock spec speedos. Just go to profile 1-4.

I think I am going to wait until after the Snowbirds to decide what speedo to buy next. I'll have a better idea, since I have only seen the Black Diamond or Tekin RS versus SPX's, which at this point are over a year old. With the SXX Stock and the Kinetic at the 'birds, we'll have a better idea of who is on top.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.