R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-22-2010, 12:17 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Let us know! I been wondering about this body?
Serpent 733 EVO
Mikes Hobby shop-Porter Texas/ Gulf coast Raceway"Electric Is For Hairdryers"..Eric Koger
Chris Totcky@facebook.com
Tha Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:24 AM   #17
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I tested teh Body today. It was on medium grip asphalt track in Modified. Felt pretty good on track, but it was VERY similar to a PF mazda speed 6. Maybe a tic less steering. Overall a good body but it is very thin...

Antoni Caretti

Team Schumacher - Team Scorpion - Sweep Racing - Bezerk RC - Adelaide RC
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:01 PM   #18
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ran this body for the first time in 17.5 rubber sedan on med grip carpet. I have a TC5 that runs very well with the setup i currently have and I typically run a Mazda Speed 6.

The Subaru body painted easily, the cutouts were easy. The body looks great in a single color with some stickers. The body is a bit thin, i am going to put some shoe goo to reinforce the wheel wells, they cracked already on some very minor hits today.

Today was a good day to test this body because the track was the same as it was before when i ran my Speed 6 so it was easy to tell what the body was doing.

The best i ever did on this track layout was 26 laps with my S6. Today with the Subaru body i got 25, 27 and 27 laps. My personal best. I broke in the main though spur gear stripped.

The body seemed extremely stable in the straights. Very stable in the turns. I want to say it seemed to push a little more on the exit but that seems to be my driving style. I would say the big difference with this and the speed 6 is that it seemed to help my car transistion from left to right through the chicanes a little better, not sure why but i didnt do any changes to the cars setup other than change the body.

All in all, a good body for those who dont want to have the same body as everyone else does. Body looks good and i had a bunch of people asking me about it. I would recommend it for sure.
wcalaker is offline   Reply With Quote