Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yeah I am running the top deck too.

Rod
Old 11-26-2009, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
confirmed
Coming from the Xray's, double confirmed.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Need Setup For MI3 with Exotek Chassis. My car is a bit loose with Exotek chassis due to is a little stiffer chasis. thanks.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
Need Setup For MI3 with Exotek Chassis. My car is a bit loose with Exotek chassis due to is a little stiffer chasis. thanks.
Post your setup. And up surface your running on.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey folks, Schumacher newbie here seeks a little advice. Just got a used MI3.5.
1. Is there a particular mail order shop that you guys recommend ?

2. Regarding the Kwik Clip shims ; do you guys use them or prefer other plastic or metal spacers. if so, what sizes are best to have ?

3. I read somewhere that you must use Schumacher spur gears. Is this so ? If not, any preference as to manufacturer ?

Any particular weak spots on the car that I should stock up parts for?

Also, although I'm already planning on the Exotek Lipo chassis...is there a best way to adapt the stock chassis for lipo use? I noticed that it has nothing to guard the battery from contacting the belt ?

Any other recommends would be appreciated. haven't run it yet but I'm liking the mechanicals.

Last edited by Evoracer; 12-01-2009 at 07:36 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Where you guys at ??
Old 12-01-2009, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I have always ordered right from schuie. But amain hobbies has them. Stormer I think?

I use the quick clips. They work fine!

Yes you need to use there spurs unless you do the mod that Marcos j has posted, is you do that then you can run what ever gears

the schuie cars are tough as heck! The knuckles and c hubs don't break really. I mean I'd have some spares just in case. But normal parts like any other car. Arms, c hubs, knuckles, c hubs, diff blades. But it really is a tough car

Ive never ran the mi3 so I can't really comment on the last one. I'm not sure.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
i found the exotek to have MORE flex and traction then the stock chassis, I have a setup at home that works for ME. (your results may vary)pm me your email and i will send it to you later tonight
Old 12-01-2009, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks folks, knew you were out there. Little confused about the Shuie website. Is there no connection to Schuie USA that shows prices in US dollars ? And do all U.S. orders come from Tampa? Just wondering about shipping time.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evoracer
Thanks folks, knew you were out there. Little confused about the Shuie website. Is there no connection to Schuie USA that shows prices in US dollars ? And do all U.S. orders come from Tampa? Just wondering about shipping time.
http://www.racing-cars.com/usa/searc...rtname1=partno

And yes them ship from Tampa.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

http://www.racing-cars.com/usa/main.asp

Rod
Old 12-01-2009, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks again. Just talked to Schumacher and found out the website was updated as of today !! Don't it figure. Gotta say that was some stellar customer service too. Shawn was great to talk today and very helpful.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Thanks again. Just talked to Schumacher and found out the website was updated as of today !! Don't it figure. Gotta say that was some stellar customer service too. Shawn was great to talk today and very helpful.
Don't forget about a little guy called ADAM...nice guy as well and he should be the main guy to deal with when ordering parts....just don't ask him for setup though...(just kidding Adam)

About stocking parts...yes, you must use the Mi3 spur gear, but don't bother to modify others to get it fit. The Mi3 spur are super strong...use 96T for stock brushless...then 114T or so for MOD...probably you can have 1 spare of 96T...I have mine still new in bag for almost 2 years.

Get the 4 degree C-hub as spare...a pair of steering knuckles, a pair of front arms and rears...thats about it. The car does not really has a bad spot. It breaks just like any other TC when you hit hard...may be a pair of CVD just to replace those that you can bent once you break the front arm or C-hub.

Plenty of setup on Schumacher site....Mike Haynes 13.5 rubber carpet @ National (March 09) setup is super dialed for almost all the indoor carpet setup. Not to mention....that should work on RCGT setup as well...may be a little track adjustment at the end.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:00 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Stop tooting his horn dude, it makes him giddy, which in turn makes for a very unstable work environment!

Originally Posted by Solara
Don't forget about a little guy called ADAM...nice guy as well and he should be the main guy to deal with when ordering parts....just don't ask him for setup though...(just kidding Adam)

About stocking parts...yes, you must use the Mi3 spur gear, but don't bother to modify others to get it fit. The Mi3 spur are super strong...use 96T for stock brushless...then 114T or so for MOD...probably you can have 1 spare of 96T...I have mine still new in bag for almost 2 years.

Get the 4 degree C-hub as spare...a pair of steering knuckles, a pair of front arms and rears...thats about it. The car does not really has a bad spot. It breaks just like any other TC when you hit hard...may be a pair of CVD just to replace those that you can bent once you break the front arm or C-hub.

Plenty of setup on Schumacher site....Mike Haynes 13.5 rubber carpet @ National (March 09) setup is super dialed for almost all the indoor carpet setup. Not to mention....that should work on RCGT setup as well...may be a little track adjustment at the end.
And you stop tooting MY horn, you already know how unstable I am!
Old 12-01-2009, 12:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

all the Mi4 trick suspension parts (molded suspension mounts/short a-arms/med-flex castor blocks) all work very nicely on the Mi3 & Mi3.5 chassis!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.