Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 07:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG
pics of my diffs ...every little bit helps.
Thats hilarious, every bit counts, but you have steel screws, turnbuckles, ball ends etc, but worried about maybe 1 gram on the diff pulley
Old 11-08-2007, 07:21 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
when running 5 cell (using 5 cell chassis) would one go a step lighter in the spring department. or any other changes
running 5 cells(with 5 cell chassis) try this set up!!

http://www.racing-cars.com/usa/image...w_reedy_07.pdf
Old 11-08-2007, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Unless your in the "A" at every national-level event, I wouldnt worry about saving every gram.

The "TEAM" drivers dont really do alot to thier cars. Some drivers are always looking for a 10th or two here and there, but most of us drive out of the box cars with great results.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

delete

Last edited by Sigearhead; 11-08-2007 at 07:43 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

I am very familiar with Chris's car. He is the only person I know that does that kind of stuff. His Mi2 was the same way only more so. All his parts are for durability and dont really effect the suspension geometry. Then again, he is a wheel and set-up geek who makes the show at every event he attends. The Mi3 can hold its own against the best without all the tinkering. McGoo and Lessard are running stock Mi3s with carpet towers, topdeck, and chassis. A couple of grams here and there wont matter and very few people can feel the difference on the track anyways.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default lightening

Besercoe if it matters i was waitng for the ti screws and motor mounts and all the other stuff.Hows this then for weight savings?
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Corner-dscf0552.jpg   Schumacher Corner-dscf0553.jpg  
Old 11-08-2007, 08:23 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yokemad
team Drivers has Lots of mods on their Cars and we don't even know what they are Lol
My car is completely 100% box stock other than a few washers moved around to change my camber, roll centers and so on. Mine is a little heavy to with it all stock and using the Mamba Max speedo with a full receiver.

Car is fast and works great. I don't plan on any real changes other than buying a new smaller spur gear. Would like a smaller once when I run the 13.5 brushless motors.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

In real car racing there is a rule of thumb saying "every 10lbs removed from car equals 1 HP" or "each 10HP added equal .01 seconds in the quarter mile". With that being said, that would apply to our cars as well on a smaller scale off course. Removing weight from your car may not give you faster lap times due to many variables including, driving, setup, batteries, motor performance etc...
However there is no denying that a lighter car will be faster, there will be less load on the motors and the batteries which in turn will also make the car more efficient overall. So....If you can already get around the track pretty good, shedding weight off your car will make a difference, it may be a small one but it will, if you can't get out of your own way........then shedding weight off your car should be pretty low on the priority list.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG
Besercoe if it matters i was waitng for the ti screws and motor mounts and all the other stuff.Hows this then for weight savings?
wow impressive, you must get really bored

Did you also reroute the sensor wire through the new hole?
Old 11-08-2007, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yokemad
team Drivers has Lots of mods on their Cars and we don't even know what they are Lol
as stated before, I am running 100% genuine available at your LHS Schumacher parts (besides shock springs and rear Team Tamale hubs). As Caster pointed out a few rubber tire peeps are liking the Mi2 arms with a drilled out hole for the sway bar. Other than that, the car is money out of the box. Does it have its quirks and nuances like any other car? Yes. Are they enough to bother me too much? No.

Whether I was "sponsored" or not - I would be running this car as a privateer. Are there other great cars out on the market right now? Yes, but not only do I love the Mi3, but I love the company that supports it. I want to race the best possible products out on the market with the best possible companies that support these products, and Schuie is it for me.....
Old 11-08-2007, 08:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My car has ALL US carpet parts,and 1* aluminum rear hubs,no fences on pulleys (other than outermost) and ceramic bearings.other than that its stock,shockingly its underweight by 14g
Old 11-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sigearhead
In real car racing there is a rule of thumb saying "every 10lbs removed from car equals 1 HP" or "each 10HP added equal .01 seconds in the quarter mile". With that being said, that would apply to our cars as well on a smaller scale off course. Removing weight from your car may not give you faster lap times due to many variables including, driving, setup, batteries, motor performance etc...
However there is no denying that a lighter car will be faster, there will be less load on the motors and the batteries which in turn will also make the car more efficient overall. So....If you can already get around the track pretty good, shedding weight off your car will make a difference, it may be a small one but it will, if you can't get out of your own way........then shedding weight off your car should be pretty low on the priority list.
well said...
Old 11-08-2007, 09:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I feel as if i should be part of the group;

Mine is box stock sans a few washers here and there.

I don't feel a need to make huge changes only because I'm not "good enough" to feel them
Old 11-08-2007, 09:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

AARON what you did to that motor is a pretty good idea. Maybe Novak should be looking in our thread for new & improved upgrades
Old 11-08-2007, 09:15 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JayBee
AARON what you did to that motor is a pretty good idea. Maybe Novak should be looking in our thread for new & improved upgrades
Didnt you hear...that will be the Novak Velociti Pro Light Pro coming out next week after people buy up all the Novak Velociti Pro Light's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.