Schumacher Corner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Official Schumacher Forums Registrations suspended What A Shame!!!
Thanx To everyone From Rctech For their Help And support
Old 09-10-2007, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

i will send it you again dude, did you change much, you still run the over drive pulley?

jimmy
Old 09-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jimmy..maddison
no in know, i have my own base set up i will email you it later when im home

jimmy
How different is it from the manual?

Looks like lots of people would like to see it....including me

Thanks
Skiddins
Old 09-10-2007, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seaball
no flack, but i'll reitterate. the ae perches are needed with the low tower for almost any springs. no big deal. but if you choose to use xray springs (or any others over 25mm), you'll need to cut down the ball end by 1mm (~0.040"). any further and the ae perch will be resting on the supension arm and could cause a tweak on the track. in this case, as the suspension arm compresses, the perch falls back down onto the ball cup where it belongs, so setting tweak in the first place will be rough. if you cut too much from the ball cup, you can aways put them back on with a motor shim. just make sure the perch doesn't rest on the arm.

- jerry kilgore -

I must be missing something. Ill try it again when I get home tonight. Youre saying to cut about 1 mm from the grey ball cup at the bottom of the shock shaft, correct?

Ill try 59.5 mm shock length and the 1 mm shorter trick. Somehow it just doesn't sem right though. If the AE perches I am using are already resting on the arm, I don't see how shortening the shock length or removing material from teh cup is going to help. But then Who am I to argue with Jerry Kilgore??? lol
Old 09-10-2007, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

ok set up is as follows:

front

40wt oil
hole 3 on tower
1.5mm vert shim
3mm horizontal shim
1mm width shim
1.5mm roll center shims
3mm behind wishbone for wheelbase
short lenght mid width ackerman 1 hole forward
spool

rear
35wt oil
2mm vert shim
2,5mm horizontal shim
2mm roll center shims
mid wheelbase
3 deg toe in

this set up was on med traction carpet on muchmore 32 tyres

hope this helps
Old 09-10-2007, 10:25 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jimmy..maddison
i will send it you again dude, did you change much, you still run the over drive pulley?

jimmy
I ran overdrive when using a spool, but it was too hard to drive on the 1-way, so I went to a standard pulley. I didnt change too much from my nats setup, I think I just need to get used to running on carpet, the car does stuff there that it doesnt do on asphalt so learning to correct it before it gets loose is where I'm at right now.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

thanx Jimmy
Old 09-10-2007, 10:51 AM
Tech Regular

no probs

also forgot no roll bars
Old 09-10-2007, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

does anybody Fill the setup Form with jimmy's carpet setup Please Cos I'm kind of Lost With all that Shims
Old 09-10-2007, 11:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I must be missing something. Ill try it again when I get home tonight. Youre saying to cut about 1 mm from the grey ball cup at the bottom of the shock shaft, correct?

Ill try 59.5 mm shock length and the 1 mm shorter trick. Somehow it just doesn't sem right though. If the AE perches I am using are already resting on the arm, I don't see how shortening the shock length or removing material from teh cup is going to help. But then Who am I to argue with Jerry Kilgore??? lol
I did what seeball is talking about. It worked for me. I cut about 3/16" off the top of the ball cup.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I don't see how shortening the shock length or removing material from teh cup is going to help. But then Who am I to argue with Jerry Kilgore??? lol

the perches from associated drop the springs down some to give a lower ride height. we need to drop the springs down another 1mm to get the correct r/h when using longer springs and tires over 56mm (2.20"). the easiest way to do this is to cut the ball cup down so the perch sits another 1mm lower. any more than this and it will hit the arm.

changing the shock length itself doesn't help. all it does is change where the piston is in the body. however, cutting the lower ball cup down does shorten the length of the shock when it's bottomed out (compressed). that's what makes the difference, and is why threading the cup on/off, by itself, has no effect on this.

again, the lowered front tower assumes the use of schumacher springs, and is lowered to the limit. use a competitors springs and some mods will likely be necessary. unfortunately, xchumacher's limited range of springs and steps requires this. i recommend the following additional springs to make a solid foam tire set.

ae blue (between our white and blue)
irs silver (between our yellow and purple)
ae yellow (higher than our purple)

i have even more than that in order to get 1.5# increments. and yes, i feel it..

- j. k. -
Old 09-10-2007, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SRW141
I did what seeball is talking about. It worked for me. I cut about 3/16" off the top of the ball cup.
that's almost 5mm. you must have started with the long "ball-grippas". i think the short grippas are the standard for shock ends. i am guessing they are 4mm different.

the good part about this tweak is that you do it once durring the build, and forget about it for the life of the car.

- jerry -
Old 09-10-2007, 11:33 AM
Tech Champion

that's almost 5mm. you must have started with the long "ball-grippas". i think the short grippas are the standard for shock ends. i am guessing they are 4mm different.

the good part about this tweak is that you do it once durring the build, and forget about it for the life of the car.

- jerry -
Yes I took 4mm off the short ball cups. Front shocks only. I use xray springs. I checked and it doesn't hit the the arms at all, even when compressed. I didn't have any tweak easy's on Saturday with it. Ray Darrach was at our track this weekend and thought the car looked good.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

i presume you're using the standard perches then.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:20 PM
Tech Champion

i presume you're using the standard perches then.
I had some associated ones laying around that was from my TC3 days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.