R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-30-2006, 12:11 AM   #14896
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

lol hey do u guys run 2's caster much? looking to settle the rear end while breaking and entering the turn? i think ill take some rear droop out to sound good?
M11
SP GT
SP 5.5,17.5
aus jd 2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:24 AM   #14897
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Why are you breaking in 540 at Logan?
Boondall. SuperShot, XX, XXT, SVR,Schumacher Storm
heavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:28 AM   #14898
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

its more panic break when i try to dive under a slower car
na last meet half way thrue a qualifier i had free room so started to try different lines, brake and it would make the car wanna swap ends at the turn after the front straight and im not running a one way as ya know so thought bout taking out some droop and caster?
M11
SP GT
SP 5.5,17.5
aus jd 2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:24 AM   #14899
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I will be taking my Mi2 out for for it's 1st run this afternoon.
I don't see anywhere that you can change the rear toe-in. Can this be done? What uptravel do you normally run?
Old 05-30-2006, 08:44 AM   #14900
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

Ok Clint or Jon, lets hear about the race
Old 05-30-2006, 09:03 AM   #14901
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidAlford
Ok Clint or Jon, lets hear about the race
The race itself, it was great as usual. Scotty runs a tight ship and the Tamiya track is second to none IMO. Fred does a great job getting everything dialed in. As for my performance, it could have been much better. The car was really good in Friday practice in the cool cloudy weather. Got down to 13.9 14.0 laps. But the track conditions changed dramatically on Saturday after it got wet, then got hot in the afternoon and I just didn't keep up with the setup. I didn't get the car dialed in until the last qualifier, where I made a few mistakes driving and wasn't able to salvage anything better than a D main. 34th overall out of 100 drivers. Not nearly where I wanted to be but not as bad as it could have been. Weylin on the other hand was awesome. I put his setup on the car for the last qualifier and the main and it was great. I'm sure they'll get it posted up for everyone.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:07 AM   #14902
Tech Elite

Ok I got a question for all you outdoor guys. If I cant get my hands on some Xenon black or gray inserts whats the closest thing to run?

Jon, your still my hero. At least you went to that race. Its one I would love to do someday.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:43 AM   #14903
Tech Regular

Big thanks to PW for his help and support, see you at Daytona. Thanks also to STLNLST for the help with the motor, it was fast! Clinton, you owe me a BN sticker, foo. Congrats to Weylin on making the show. My eyesight is still recovering from the bright blinding moon that suddenly appeared in the room (thanks to Jeff) . Can't wait to be back next year, hopefully with no glitching problems this time
It was a great event put on by the folks at Tamiya and outstanding anouncing by Scotty, as always.
Sanabria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:44 PM   #14904
Tech Champion

Quote:
Ok I got a question for all you outdoor guys. If I cant get my hands on some Xenon black or gray inserts whats the closest thing to run?

Jon, your still my hero. At least you went to that race. Its one I would love to do someday.
The grays are better depending what tire you put them in. I only use gray's in Sroex 36's though. As for the Reedy the set up Mo came up with was killer. I tried a little different tire prep after talking to Numan and it was dialed. Too bad the driver have a few issue's. In the main the car was awesome until I chocked and allowed the rest of the pack to catch up. No complaints here what so ever. The rain on the track took the traction away and I didn't adjust to the changes quick enough. Oh well.....it's something that I need to learn and learn it pretty quick My motor was killer though.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:48 PM   #14905
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanabria
Big thanks to PW for his help and support, see you at Daytona. Thanks also to STLNLST for the help with the motor, it was fast! Clinton, you owe me a BN sticker, foo. Congrats to Weylin on making the show. My eyesight is still recovering from the bright blinding moon that suddenly appeared in the room (thanks to Jeff) . Can't wait to be back next year, hopefully with no glitching problems this time
It was a great event put on by the folks at Tamiya and outstanding anouncing by Scotty, as always.
Don't use my real name on here.....I got people after me...LOL Those "F" brushes are hit and miss bro. I prefer the 4499's or a 769. We'll see what type of power I can get out of these stock motors for the nats. I need to get a few more stickers made up for the nats....LOL I saw ya looking at the moon when you came out of the bathroom...LOL It's okay....your secret is safe with me.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:49 PM   #14906
Tech Champion

PW- Thanks again for all of the help. Your water will be waiting for you when you land
Old 05-30-2006, 12:51 PM   #14907
Tech Elite

I would normally run sorex 36s with the xenon gray insert, but I can't find anyone that has them in stock. And since I'm racing this weekend I'm kinda in a hurry. I already had traction stuff 2 day aired to me

What can I run thats close? What about the Hara inserts? Or maybe the thin sorex? Come on daddy help me out
Old 05-30-2006, 01:11 PM   #14908
Tech Champion

Quote:
I would normally run sorex 36s with the xenon gray insert, but I can't find anyone that has them in stock. And since I'm racing this weekend I'm kinda in a hurry. I already had traction stuff 2 day aired to me

What can I run thats close? What about the Hara inserts? Or maybe the thin sorex? Come on daddy help me out
Can you get a hold of some Yokomo 039F inserts? That's what most of us run in Sorex 36R's at SoCal. A lot of air gap but firm.

Last edited by Jon Kerr; 05-30-2006 at 01:22 PM.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 01:12 PM   #14909
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
Don't use my real name on here.....I got people after me...LOL Those "F" brushes are hit and miss bro. I prefer the 4499's or a 769. We'll see what type of power I can get out of these stock motors for the nats. I need to get a few more stickers made up for the nats....LOL I saw ya looking at the moon when you came out of the bathroom...LOL It's okay....your secret is safe with me.
I ended up trying the Fanton 322s and XXXs, didn't notice any significant difference in performance, except not having to change brushes with the XXX.
LOL...yea that was a scary sight opening that door
Good luck at the Nats.
Sanabria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 04:28 PM   #14910
Tech Champion

Quote:

Yokomo firms are all I could suggest. I don't have any experience with the Hara inserts......sorry. How hot does the track temp get? Can you get a hold of some HPI inserts? If you can go one stage up from the HPI reds.