Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2002, 10:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Upper mounts

I was kind of figuring these were older mounts...I pretty sure the way it's setup now should work for me...if it does, I probably won't worry about the A2 mounts...

Thanks!

Ron
Old 02-24-2002, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

FoamDonuts-Thats the one. Looks awsome! Thanks.
Old 02-24-2002, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Ran the new top deck. Truth be told it did exactly what i was expecting. Made the car much better with foam tyres on carpet. Then tried it when running rubbers and again did what i was ecpecting. simply not enough grip, the car slid into the corner then bit quite suddenly. The next place to try it is in high grip conditions at my local tarmac track. Generally the track layouts are very fast there and teh axis 2 worked much better the stiffer you got the chassis.
Old 02-24-2002, 09:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Oasis-I'll post a pick of my chassis and new body tomorrow.
Old 02-24-2002, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

Adrian,
Are the Control Tire Take Offs available in any other compounds? How much are the alloy cartridges for the Mission shocks?
IKE
Old 02-25-2002, 12:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Look forward to it Adrian!
Old 02-25-2002, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Racer X- Hows it goin? Have you tried the control tires at Ripon? If so how is it. Whats the set-up.???? I will be up there next weekend. I am building a new car with Atomics Snowbirds set-up. Hopefully you'll be there.
Old 02-25-2002, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Well I had a interesting weekend of racing. I used a oneway for the first time, and after replacing the front bumper I think I got the car working pretty good. I got the car to carry alot of corner speed, but all my stock motors are so old that it didnt matter. I really like the car with Ron's setup. Big thanks to Larry for the cool graphite bumper brace, that thing is trick.
Old 02-25-2002, 04:15 PM
Tech Rookie

I've been out of racing for a while, just getting back in.

So what is the run down on this car? Be honest. I got that new losi car about a month ago, and what a joke! I'll leave it at that.

So what do I really need to buy for the mission to make it ready to go? I figure threaded shocks and a one-way?

Are the front shocks that come in the kit short enough for the suspension to work? ****joke*****

thanks-
Old 02-25-2002, 06:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

D.F.--Just add some stiffer springs (associateds work better because they're shorter) , good tires and you're all set. The car is that good. Everything else is in the kit. If you race on carpet, the optional "carpet" upper deck can be used. It has less material removed from the center to make it stiffer than stock. You definately won't be sorry you gave the Losi up.
Old 02-25-2002, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

D.F. May I ask what your problem with the XXX-S is/was? I happen to own both cars as you can tell from my list in my sig. the Losi is my parkinglot car, while my Mission is for prepared track surfaces. (IE- clean swept, no gravel) I love both cars, and feel that either one is a competent racer in the proper hands.

As far as the shocks go I spent $45 on the Mission threaded units and $40 on the XXX-S units with ti-nitride coated shafts for the front, so the shock problem is not an issue because you seem very willing to pony up the coin for the mission units. Once I get the graphite kit for the Losi I will have as much in that car as I have in the Mission, I still feel the XXX-S doesn't even need it, but I have this compulsion to get the best......
Old 02-25-2002, 11:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Anybody running hole #2 on the hubs of their Mission? I'm thinking of moving mine to that hole to allow me to run my
upper wish bones shorter to keep from cracking/breaking them so much. Yesterday I broke a front one and cracked a rear one (2 different occasions) with slight brushes with the pipes. I know this is partly driver error.... okay, mostly.... but I've never run any of my SSTs with the stud in that position. I know the in-line gives an increase in camber when the suspension is compressed, but I have no experience with the #2. So I'm looking for opinions, mainly, on the difference between running the #1 in-line and the #2 inboard hub position. Thanks guys.
Old 02-26-2002, 06:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

ducken fialed, I own a XXX-S and Mission as well and I can tell you this about them. The Mission has more low speed cornering and the XXX-S has better high speed. The Mission is more suited for stock racing while the XXX-S is better for Mod. I haven't tried the Mission on asphalt yet so I don't know which is better on that surface. Both excellent cars.

Things to get for your Mission (for carpet):

1. Front One-Way
2. Threaded Shocks
3. Optional if you're running foam - new upper deck

Make sure you have some good tires...I like the Sorex 24/20 combo with echo med inserts.
Old 02-26-2002, 07:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by ducken fialed
I've been out of racing for a while, just getting back in.

So what is the run down on this car? Be honest. I got that new losi car about a month ago, and what a joke! I'll leave it at that.

So what do I really need to buy for the mission to make it ready to go? I figure threaded shocks and a one-way?

Are the front shocks that come in the kit short enough for the suspension to work? ****joke*****

thanks-
The suspension works on the losi without the short shocks on the car. It just works better when the short one's are in place.
Old 02-26-2002, 09:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Cornerspeed: Its all I've been running for the last two months. We've had to change the setup some (I haven't run Atomics setup yet) but the tire is just about as fast as anything else once you get the setup in the ballpark. I should be there Sat...BTW, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (supposed to be secret stuff)

Sticka: Just thread the rod further into the arm (less in the ball cup) and that helps keep the arms from cracking. The #2 hole will give you less grip on the whole.

Ducken: What everyone else said, Threaded shocks and a one way (if they work where you race). The caster clips are nice, too.

Last edited by Racer X; 02-28-2002 at 12:02 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.