Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-19-2006, 02:32 PM   #14761
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW
Actually he did get the day off to go racing, but he didn't tell me it was his B-Day
Well I guess it worked out.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 07:12 PM   #14762
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Happy 43rd Adrian.....

I get to go to the Reedy for my Birthday
Old 05-19-2006, 07:35 PM   #14763
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Just finished putting on the carpet tower on the front of my car and lowered the front diff. Will see what happens tommorrow and work from their. I didn't put the gray front belt on but I do have the longer front black belt on. Drivetrain is very smooth. I will put the gray belt on when I put my new ceramic bearings in in a couple of weeks. Change it right before my big race in June.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 07:44 PM   #14764
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
Happy 43rd Adrian.....

what!!! no way 43 no i can't believe it happy birthday Adrian
Old 05-19-2006, 08:27 PM   #14765
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony rivas
what!!! no way 43 no i can't believe it happy birthday Adrian
Old 05-19-2006, 08:42 PM   #14766
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
Happy 43rd Adrian.....

dam im older then him i turned 43 in jan and i still feel like a toyrus
kid
Old 05-19-2006, 08:47 PM   #14767
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

paul ygm
Old 05-19-2006, 08:50 PM   #14768
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to RayWarner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL.D
dam im older then him i turned 43 in jan and i still feel like a toyrus
kid
Your the little kid kicking and screaming inside of Toys R Us!
RayWarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:37 PM   #14769
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey guys my car has been pulling to one side on power and then straight of power and ive tried to trim it out but it seems as thought u either wander on or off power so im trying to get rid of all the tweak all my shocks are 62.2mm from tip to tip using digital callipers droop is the same and im going to put the car on shock towers and undo all upper and lower deck screws and retighten,
im checking the sway bars also and my shock springs are the samelegnth the ony other thing i can think of is shock oil ie rebound and dampening not being that same left to right, so how do u guys set it??
heavy who is on hear told me that he sets his shock with no rebound?? this take rebound out of the equation which make sense so im gonna try it but does any one else have suggestions on how to saught this out??also how do u tweak the actuall chassis?? and can it be undone i thought about getting to plates of glass and sand whiching the chassis between with a 20kg weight on top? i just want it to drive straight lol
thanks in advance
M11
SP GT
SP 5.5,17.5
aus jd 2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 01:24 PM   #14770
Tech Rookie

mi2 or mi2ec

take a mi2ec or stik whith my mi2 carbon?
what is the difrence in the ride and setup?
ynze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 01:35 PM   #14771
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus jd 2703
hey guys my car has been pulling to one side on power and then straight of power and ive tried to trim it out but it seems as thought u either wander on or off power so im trying to get rid of all the tweak all my shocks are 62.2mm from tip to tip using digital callipers droop is the same and im going to put the car on shock towers and undo all upper and lower deck screws and retighten,
im checking the sway bars also and my shock springs are the samelegnth the ony other thing i can think of is shock oil ie rebound and dampening not being that same left to right, so how do u guys set it??
heavy who is on hear told me that he sets his shock with no rebound?? this take rebound out of the equation which make sense so im gonna try it but does any one else have suggestions on how to saught this out??also how do u tweak the actuall chassis?? and can it be undone i thought about getting to plates of glass and sand whiching the chassis between with a 20kg weight on top? i just want it to drive straight lol
thanks in advance
Are you running a oneway? I had a similar problem and it was because one of the oneway bearings was broken and you could rotate the wheel alone backwards. Also check all your droop settings front and rear to make sure they're even left to right.

ynze - The Mi2 is still a good car, but the EC will be easier to dial in since that's what all the team drivers are using so getting setup advice should be easier and more up to date. When testing the new drive chain on the Mi2 such as the one on the EC and comparing it to the old drive chain. The new belt layout with both belts running from the layshaft made the car easier to drive and feel more balanced. If you have the money to pick up an EC kit I would recommend it. The car is dialed out of the box on asphalt. Also the EC kit builds super square and without any tweaking just by tightening the screws. Where as with my Mi2 I had to push on the shock towers on setup blocks to keep the chassis square and untweaked.

Riding Bikes | Skiing | Helis | Rotor Rage | Cyclone Blades | RC Trim | Dead Kat Raceway
mini-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 05:15 PM   #14772
Tech Addict

I had the same problem today not to say that this is exactly what your facing. But, your car will do that if you've managed to snap one of the cvd pins on the car. Usually this is easy to spot as one of your wheels will most likely spin freely or bind depending on which pin broke. Thus you may want to check your cvd's.

Quote:
thanks in advance
IslandBwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 12:20 AM   #14773
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey guy checked cvd pins checked shocks changed to zero rebound all same length
put on a f;at surface rocked it and then tighteneded the bottom deck and top deck what next cause it is still tweaked of something it just wont steer straight on and off power it one or the other.
please help as it making it hard to do quick laps
M11
SP GT
SP 5.5,17.5
aus jd 2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 08:40 AM   #14774
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

WYD had his Mi2 really dailed yesterday at The "C" in Frederick, MD. What a great choice Paul Wynn for making him part of your Team. I can't wait to get my Mi2 and get it on the track.
Latif had his Schumacher really dailed yesterday also. He is another great racer to have on your Team.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:08 PM   #14775
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
hey guy checked cvd pins checked shocks changed to zero rebound all same length
put on a f;at surface rocked it and then tighteneded the bottom deck and top deck what next cause it is still tweaked of something it just wont steer straight on and off power it one or the other.
please help as it making it hard to do quick laps
You never said if your running a oneway or not and if it's damaged or not. If you are, check both sides to make sure the bearing aren't rotating both directions. Also check all the diffs (if you running a front one... I don't know) and make sure they're not slipping. Hold one tire and the spur gear with that thumb and turn the other tire. You don't want it to rotate easily if at all for some classes of racing. Having a problem on throttle in a straight line isn't going to be caused most the time by a tweaked car. When your car is tweaked most the time it will make it spin out one way and push the other... MOST the time. There are exceptions . So check your front and rear diffs.

Riding Bikes | Skiing | Helis | Rotor Rage | Cyclone Blades | RC Trim | Dead Kat Raceway
mini-dub is offline   Reply With Quote