Schumacher Corner >

Schumacher Corner

Schumacher Corner

Old 05-14-2006, 12:51 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
Have any of you tried going to the outside hole on the rear hub? I know it was talked about on carpet....not sure if anyone has tried it yet on rubbers
If you try that at Frederick you will never get your car to turn!!!!!!!!!! It makes alot more side bite. I did this along on offroad and it makes a huge differance in the side traction in the rear.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

yeah kinda what I figured. never hurts to ask though. On my buggy's we used to move the link out...keep it the same length but slide it out one hole. Hard to describe what it did but it was always faster.
Old 05-14-2006, 01:50 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Well if you ever to go a place that is really loose then just move the rear ball stud out on the rear hub and you will have some extra traction.
Old 05-14-2006, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Thats great, since my biggest problem yesterday was sliding the rear of the car.
Old 05-14-2006, 02:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Bob- I ran the outside hole a few times at SoCal. It makes the back end really lazy. Makes it easy to drive if you're having trouble with the back end being too twitchy, but I don't think it's a fix, more of a band-aid.

David- Glad you liked the car. It'll just get better.

I had a good night at SoCal. The setup Donny and I came up with using some of his experience there with the original Mission worked really well. We've got a few more things to work with but I was really happy with it.
Old 05-14-2006, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey whats a good shock length so that i can get droop and ride hight at about 9mm combine?? (4mm droop 5mm ride hight?)
also can u run the same all round??
last but not least how do u get the rebound and dampening the same all round so the car isnt tweaked
this is on an old mi2 with carpet/low towers and running cut down stock shocks??
thanks in advance
Old 05-14-2006, 03:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Have any of you tried going to the outside hole on the rear hub? I know it was talked about on carpet....not sure if anyone has tried it yet on rubbers
actually,that is what i run,but I have NO problem with getting the car to turn
Old 05-14-2006, 06:23 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by justin lessard
I think your overall setup is more than likely alot more aggressive than what Bob would normally run.

Dave when I first ran my car it was loose int he rear. I simply shortened the rear wheel base some and that helped a ton. The rear arms have 4 different postions so try the mid/short setup before you try moving the rear ball stud out on the hub.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justin lessard
Anybody who races stock or 19T should at least give Justin's set-up a try. His car was decent at the beginning of the day, but I gave him a few suggestions to try, and his car is really fast now. It has also been fast at a few other tracks as well, so I would definately try it.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:39 PM
Tech Champion

Im just running a pretty vanilla setup. only had 5 packs through the car. Not really enough to start making all kinds of changes yet. I made that mistake with the carpet car. I went out and tried a different setup every single run and I couldn't get a feel for how I liked the car. This time I am going to be more patient. I already showed that with no power and no experience with the car, I could run respectable times. The lap times will be there. I just have to keep on doing what I am doing.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The outside hole on the rear hub will give you a longer rear link , but I'm not done yet . A long link should make the rear end really stable and lazy, if the rear end does break loose the slide should be much more controllable and predictable. But a long link doesn't always give you more rear traction, it's just a lot more stable. I've felt that a short link actually gives you more traction initially, but it will roll over very fast which transfers weight very fast causing the rear end to get loose quickly and the slide will be more unpredictable. A short link should make the car transition better because it transfers weight faster but it's not as good generally in hard tight corners, such as 180s.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

The only problem I have with the AE's is the inconsistancy. They tend to differ alot from spring to spring. Might sound wierd but we always issue tweaking the car on scales for carpet, switched to Xray and it was right on the money just about every time.

I still plan on trying them though....
Is there a simple way to test each spring? I dont doubt what your saying I know AE quality suffers in some areas. fortunantly the springs are real cheap I'd pick up a few sets and take the most equally-matched ones if there was a way to compare them.

As for know, I will say the car is good with the silvers. Maybe I will give the xrays a run (what color is closest?)
Old 05-14-2006, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
Is there a simple way to test each spring? I dont doubt what your saying I know AE quality suffers in some areas. fortunantly the springs are real cheap I'd pick up a few sets and take the most equally-matched ones if there was a way to compare them.

As for know, I will say the car is good with the silvers. Maybe I will give the xrays a run (what color is closest?)
Xtreme did an article on the consistancy of each companies springs a while ago, Xray, Schumacher, and I believe HPI were the most consistant of the companies tested.

Xray yellows are 14lbs, but I think they have a blue-green or something that is 15lbs too. Those 2 springs would be the closest to an AE silver or Schue white.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nf_ekt

I guess you could get one of those spring dyno thingys but I dont have the time or patients for that. Xray Yellows are 14LB springs, same as Shuie Whites. Xray Whites are 17.5 I would just get those two sets and call it a day.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:55 PM
Tech Champion

Hey Weylin whats up? Getting ready for the Reedy?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.