Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 09:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by aus jd 2703
hey guys have u had problems with the front belt rubbing the spur gear?
my belt is about half a mm from the spur are there such things as thin spur gears??
just worried its gona eat my new r12 belt up?
any idea i moved a front shim so its 2 on left 1 on right but i left the rear so it doesnt move the rear belt.
anything else i should do??
Here are my two. One with the standard spur and the other with the thinner.
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Corner-dsc01612.jpg   Schumacher Corner-dsc01614.jpg  
Old 04-20-2006, 09:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brownpants
Here are my two. One with the standard spur and the other with the thinner.
One thing I noticed on the second picture you may want to do is space the rear shock tower back 2mm. If you look at your camber links relative to the CVD, there's a huge angle there. That can cause some strange camber gain in the suspension. Should make the rear feel a little more consistent.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:55 AM
Tech Adept

have you checked the adapter it may have a moulding defect that could be causing the problem
Old 04-20-2006, 10:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
One thing I noticed on the second picture you may want to do is space the rear shock tower back 2mm. If you look at your camber links relative to the CVD, there's a huge angle there. That can cause some strange camber gain in the suspension. Should make the rear feel a little more consistent.
Thanks, I was looking at that earlier. Just in the process of getting it ready for the weekend.

Thanks again

Darren
Old 04-20-2006, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
Just wondering if any of you guys are having any problems with 'chewing up' spur gears??? For some reason, I cannot workout why my spur gears (regardless of the brand, RW, Kimbrough, Precison, Robinson Racing) are not spinning true when mounted in the car?

I have made sure that the layshaft is not bent, checked the layshaft assembly with housings by itself (no spur attached) and everytime it spins true and correct. As soon as I attach a spur no matter of type, it spins in an elipitcal fashion.

I dont have a standard EC spur to try. But the only things I can think of that could be causing an issue, would be the spur gear adapter (mounting holes) or the centre pulley (as I have cut out the necessary clearance grooves for the aftermarket spurs).

Can anyone help me out??? I have spent way too many hours trying to get my spurs to spin true and correct!!!

Also, I was wondering what you guys ran as far as spurs were concerned?? (original Ec spurs or aftermarket ones)

Thanks in advance,

Leonard.
Anyone???
Old 04-20-2006, 02:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Anyone???
I'm not sure because I hav'nt got the EC, but all I can think of is that maybe the spur is mounted onto the adapter through the wrong holes??
Or the layshaft mounting plates are the wrong way round?
Thats a complete stab in the dark though?

Darren
Old 04-20-2006, 02:09 PM
Tech Adept

does the spur adapter have any moulding defects that you may be aware of

also antoher thing that mite be doing it is not actuallly to with the layshft it may be the motor as your racing it could be moving about this is normally the case you may find that the screw holes on the can have rounded off and the screws aernt tightning properly causing the motor to shift and shere the spur i had this with and old losi but weather it is doing the same on the ec i dnt know but it sounds like this could be the problem
Old 04-20-2006, 02:11 PM
Tech Adept

hi guys wonderin if you could help all it is im after a bit more acceleration out of the cars the car is handleing great its just lacking alittle kick
cheers
Old 04-20-2006, 02:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nemisis
hi guys wonderin if you could help all it is im after a bit more acceleration out of the cars the car is handleing great its just lacking alittle kick
cheers
What gearing are you running?

Darren
Old 04-20-2006, 02:31 PM
Tech Adept

18 pinion on an 89 spur just seems a tad sluggihs on acceleration
speed is fine
Old 04-20-2006, 02:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

speed is fine
Maybe go up or down one pinion size and see what happens. Failing that use a larger spur.

Darren
Old 04-20-2006, 02:43 PM
Tech Champion

Anyone???
There's only one thing I can think of. Are you using the top screws in the motor plate? We were running without them for a while so that we'd get uniform flex across the top deck on the old car and noticed that we were going through spur gears like nothing. The motor plate and lay-shaft mounts being separate pieces, if the motor plate is not screwed into the top deck, the chassis flex will make it move independently from the lay-shaft, changing the gear mesh. I had a 64 pitch RW gear strip going through a high speed sweeper at SoCal once because of this. Even if the screws are not good and tight, the flex can cause this to happen.

As for what brand of spur gears, I like the RW gears and the PRS gears. If you're using anything other than the stock gear, make sure you notch the pulley where the screws go so that you can mount the screws in the inner holes on the adapter.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:43 PM
Tech Adept

ok cheers for that i will give it a go
Old 04-20-2006, 02:44 PM
Tech Champion

speed is fine
What motor are you running?
Old 04-20-2006, 02:46 PM
Tech Adept

Fantom team stock edition 27 turn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.