R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-03-2006, 12:39 PM   #14146
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to justin lessard

was teemu running the camber link in the upper or lower hole? ,my car ran better when i put took the rear diff riser out and put in a 1mm spacer in it's place ,and another 1mm spacer under the rear holes of the top deck.
justin lessard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 02:11 PM   #14147
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Man.....all this setup talk is making me really want to get back out on the track...... oh well...all in due time. I can't wait to get up to Jackson with Williams, that track is going to be hopping all year long!!!!!
Old 04-03-2006, 02:47 PM   #14148
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

A question for you guys

I believe that Schumacher distributes Take Off tires. With this being said, does anyone have a run down of what the temp. range is for the CS and RP lines of tires? ex. RP30 is good between 70-110.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Adrian just emailed it to me. Very informative! - Thank you very much!

rD Squared-MW Designs-C and R racing

Final Thoughts RC club R.I.P.
killingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 03:02 PM   #14149
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Take Off Tire Applications

Note RP's are faster than CS's but do not wear as well. If you are club racing and want tires that are fast and that last run CS. If you want to get an edge an on the the guys you race with and don't mind the shorter life run RP.

For the CS series there is a recommended temp range but it is pretty meaningless. The only CS tire sensitive to temperature is the CS22. They will over heat and start sliding if the track surface is over 85 Deg F.

The CS27 will work from track temperatures around 65 Deg to 150deg. All you have to do is vary the traction compound used so its appropriate for the temperature.

The CS32 is not a high temperature tires. It is only used if the traction is so high that cats are traction rolling with CS27 tires. This is most common at indoor asphalt tracks like HobbyTown in Frederick MD, Seattle Indoor Raceway in WA, etc. CS32's are considerably slower in the heat than CS27 tires.

CS37 tires are never used.

The RP series tires are more conventional in their temperature ratings.

RP24's are for indoor carpet racing or outdoor racing in cold weather or at night in cold weather. They work until the track hits ~85 deg.

RP30 tires work well from ~55 to 130 deg. If it gets too hot the tires will start to slide and wear rapidly.

RP36 tires work from 95 to 150 deg.

RP40 tires work from 110 to as hot as it can get. These are also a good indoor asphalt tire when you have too much traction with RP30 or RP36 tires.

For Carpet racing with CS or RP tires the preferred traction compound are Paragon Ground FX to Corally Jack the Gripper.

For asphalt with the CS you can use Paragon FXII when it cold, a 50/50 mix of FXII and Trinity Tire Tweak when it warm and in high heat straight Tire Tweak.

For asphalt with RP tires you use Trinity Buggy Grip painted on with a brush in cold weather. As it warms up you switch to Tire Tweak and tire warmers and finally tire tweak and no tire warmers.

I hope this helps!
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 03:31 PM   #14150
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
Take Off Tire Applications

Note RP's are faster than CS's but do not wear as well. If you are club racing and want tires that are fast and that last run CS. If you want to get an edge an on the the guys you race with and don't mind the shorter life run RP.

For the CS series there is a recommended temp range but it is pretty meaningless. The only CS tire sensitive to temperature is the CS22. They will over heat and start sliding if the track surface is over 85 Deg F.

The CS27 will work from track temperatures around 65 Deg to 150deg. All you have to do is vary the traction compound used so its appropriate for the temperature.

The CS32 is not a high temperature tires. It is only used if the traction is so high that cats are traction rolling with CS27 tires. This is most common at indoor asphalt tracks like HobbyTown in Frederick MD, Seattle Indoor Raceway in WA, etc. CS32's are considerably slower in the heat than CS27 tires.

CS37 tires are never used.

The RP series tires are more conventional in their temperature ratings.

RP24's are for indoor carpet racing or outdoor racing in cold weather or at night in cold weather. They work until the track hits ~85 deg.

RP30 tires work well from ~55 to 130 deg. If it gets too hot the tires will start to slide and wear rapidly.

RP36 tires work from 95 to 150 deg.

RP40 tires work from 110 to as hot as it can get. These are also a good indoor asphalt tire when you have too much traction with RP30 or RP36 tires.

For Carpet racing with CS or RP tires the preferred traction compound are Paragon Ground FX to Corally Jack the Gripper.

For asphalt with the CS you can use Paragon FXII when it cold, a 50/50 mix of FXII and Trinity Tire Tweak when it warm and in high heat straight Tire Tweak.

For asphalt with RP tires you use Trinity Buggy Grip painted on with a brush in cold weather. As it warms up you switch to Tire Tweak and tire warmers and finally tire tweak and no tire warmers.

I hope this helps!
Very good read even for those that know. Nice breakdown Adrian!
Old 04-03-2006, 03:47 PM   #14151
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Adrian is the MAN!

Seriously, very cool breakdown.
Jon Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:52 PM   #14152
Tech Elite

Interesting, last years KO GP in the UK was won by an RP24 shod car, most of the other top guys were on CS22's and the track must have been over 100 deg (yes, we do sometimes get hot weather in the UK )

I must admit when I ran my car in similar temps on CS22's I thought someone was laying ice in front of my car but apparently these guys all did fine

Skiddins
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 06:32 PM   #14153

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Is anyone running carpet?
roadrashracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 06:35 PM   #14154
Tech Addict

i'm still running carpet,why
Old 04-03-2006, 06:37 PM   #14155

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

just seen a lot of things for asphalt.
roadrashracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 06:39 PM   #14156
Tech Addict

i'm also running asphalt
Old 04-03-2006, 08:02 PM   #14157
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
All depends on the track itself. Some tires work great one place, and are like running on ice on another track. RP30's and CS27's are both a pretty good tire that should work in most situations. We run the RP30 premounts on pretty much all the outdoor races here and they work great. But we've tried them at SoCal and they're horrible. Way too much grip on the high grip track. Literally traction rolling there with those tires. Even the RP36 had too much bite for that track. We run Sorex 36R's or 32R's there with either Yokomo 039F or 039M inserts. Some run the Hara Black inserts too.
which version of the hara black insert do you use,1 or 2
Old 04-03-2006, 10:26 PM   #14158
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins
Interesting, last years KO GP in the UK was won by an RP24 shod car, most of the other top guys were on CS22's and the track must have been over 100 deg (yes, we do sometimes get hot weather in the UK )

I must admit when I ran my car in similar temps on CS22's I thought someone was laying ice in front of my car but apparently these guys all did fine

Skiddins
Most of the UK tracks have less grip than most US tracks. I hear you guys can run Sorex 28's in the summer. We would wear 28's down to the belt in 3 minutes outdoors. Less grip and Tire Tweak would let you run the softer tires in the heat.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 05:20 AM   #14159
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey Adrian,
i was looking at a xray fk05 set up sheet, and cant et over how much info it had on it and it was very visual to. not that schumachers are bad just thought i might not be alone in saying that the more info the better.
especially things like diff tensions room to write if the shock piston had been drilled radio gear balancing weight etc etc.
just a bit of user feed back.
not trying to piss any one off.
M11
SP GT
SP 5.5,17.5
aus jd 2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 07:36 AM   #14160
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin lessard
which version of the hara black insert do you use,1 or 2
Not sure. I haven't tried them yet. Didn't know there were different ones. I prefer the 039M medium inserts over the 039F. They seem to give a little more consistent grip where the firm inserts maybe faster, but they just feel sketchy on the track.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote