Schumacher Corner

You're on Page 943 of 1849
Go to
  • Quote: I have a few more questions: What is the easy way for removing front and rear diffs and changing spur gears. I just wanted to know the easy way so I don't take the hole car a part if I don't have to the first time I do it. Thanks
    There is no "easy" way.... if thats what your looking for you should get a T2, Cyclone or Tamiya. That said... after you do it a bunch of times its really not that hard
  • Quote: hey guys do you re-use rims?
    ive soaked them in acetone to get rid of the glue but unsure if to use the rims again. no cracks or anything but they have had hard hits. their flexible pro-lines so???
    are carbon wishbone's a 'musthave' upgrade?
    oh is 2 degrees to much camber??
    We always reuse rims. We only use Schumacher Revlite rims and have reused them many times and have never had a problem with them. You can buy them in Brisbane in packs of 4 or if you like you can get them with premounted Sorex 36/c or 32/b save you gluing.

C/F wishbones are nice but I wouldn't rate them as a "musthave" particluarly if dollars are tight.

At Meakin where you race 1.5 degrees is perfect.
  • what is the camber mod, anyone have pics that the can post
  • whats the best tire,insert,rim combo for asphalt ,and are the powers international tires any good?
  • Quote: whats the best tire,insert,rim combo for asphalt ,and are the powers international tires any good?
    speed mind dish, sorex med.b inserts, and sorex 36 or 40
  • Quote: whats the best tire,insert,rim combo for asphalt ,and are the powers international tires any good?
    All depends on the track itself. Some tires work great one place, and are like running on ice on another track. RP30's and CS27's are both a pretty good tire that should work in most situations. We run the RP30 premounts on pretty much all the outdoor races here and they work great. But we've tried them at SoCal and they're horrible. Way too much grip on the high grip track. Literally traction rolling there with those tires. Even the RP36 had too much bite for that track. We run Sorex 36R's or 32R's there with either Yokomo 039F or 039M inserts. Some run the Hara Black inserts too.
  • Quote: All depends on the track itself. Some tires work great one place, and are like running on ice on another track. RP30's and CS27's are both a pretty good tire that should work in most situations. We run the RP30 premounts on pretty much all the outdoor races here and they work great. But we've tried them at SoCal and they're horrible. Way too much grip on the high grip track. Literally traction rolling there with those tires. Even the RP36 had too much bite for that track. We run Sorex 36R's or 32R's there with either Yokomo 039F or 039M inserts. Some run the Hara Black inserts too.
    Have you tried RP40GL's at Socal?
  • adrian,what tire are you and paul running?
  • Quote: Have you tried RP40GL's at Socal?
    We did once. But we didn't have much of a setup for the car yet (we were still running the Mi2 at the time) so it might be worth checking out again soon.
  • Quote: adrian,what tire are you and paul running?
    Florida pretty much races CS27's everywhere as our Florida State Series use them as the handout tire.

I do however like to run the RP30 & RP36 when we are using open tires; they have more steering than CS
  • Quote: I do however like to run the RP30 & RP36 when we are using open tires; they have more steering than CS
    Right there with ya, PW. IMO the RPs definitely have more steering than the CS, and I never really noticed any significant wear differences between the two.
  • I'm having some problems with very high tire-wear in te front with the Mi2EC using CS-27 on tarmac (in cold weather).

The car (setup) is very good and very fast but with very high tire wear in the front. I'm using the Euro's setup of Teemu with some changes. (one-way, fron rollcenter lowered and less camber)

Who has a solution to this or tips?
  • Quote: I'm having some problems with very high tire-wear in te front with the Mi2EC using CS-27 on tarmac (in cold weather).

The car (setup) is very good and very fast but with very high tire wear in the front. I'm using the Euro's setup of Teemu with some changes. (one-way, fron rollcenter lowered and less camber)

Who has a solution to this or tips?
    The lower you go with the front hinge-pin, the higher your tire wear will be.....Most of us are running riser plate plus 1mm in the front with the camber link in the upper hole.
  • i tried removing the front diff riser and adding a 2mm spacer under the front two holes on the top deck ,it did'nt really give my car more steering like adrian said it would ,but it did make it smoother in the S's,and my front tires did'nt wear grooves in the inner part of the tire as bad as it did before.
  • Quote: i tried removing the front diff riser and adding a 2mm spacer under the front two holes on the top deck ,it did'nt really give my car more steering like adrian said it would ,but it did make it smoother in the S's,and my front tires did'nt wear grooves in the inner part of the tire as bad as it did before.
    This actually came from Teemu...