R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-19-2006, 05:41 PM   #13951
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey guys how do you clen your bearing in particular the belt tensioner ones on the old mi2? i tried removing the seals and i was just ripping em so i left it and came to ask ya all.

yeh i actually raised the ride height 1mm cause the track was pretty rough but then i moved the battery pack towars the back (no brainer there) and added more rear droop and took about 1mm front droop out and it ran ok but i got screwed up they layed a new top coat from when a last tested to when i raced and traction as so high i didnt need to change anything oh well.

do you guys feel that the mi2 lacks steering?? i had a go of a friends corally and he had ago of my mi2 and he said i dont have much steering and its kinda slugish. now i had my m11 set at 100% dual rate but it goes to 140 so i had more dual rate and i run heaps of wheel tension i feel its reasuring but he reckons i need more steering to help me i this low speed section any idea's??
car goes great driver needs to learn how to drive lol
M11
SP GT
SP 5.5,17.5
aus jd 2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 06:18 PM   #13952
Tech Addict

Skiddins, stiffer rear bar will give more steering. The stiffer front springs is what did the helping there. I've been fighting the same thing. For next race I will try stiffer front (red) springs / raise front ride .25mm / 1/2deg less front camber / 1/2deg more rear camber.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:52 PM   #13953
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barry
Kerr ( ya like that LOL), I am in a similar situation. The difference is that I'm running on carpet and after about 1 or two practice runs the traction is insane. Add that to the fact that I am trying to keep pace with Schreff and Cuffs and you have one frustrating nite. I am basically running PW's snowbirds setup with no sway bars and 10 weight higher oil all the way around. Oh and I went from 33lb springs to 30 in the front. Kick up is next thing to try.
I've gone to different bump steer settings, Ackerman, anti dive, all to get the front end to turn in hard. It seems to be doing that but when the grip comes up, it's not enough to get the rear to follow the front end around. I'll be testing anti/pro squat, rear roll center and camber link positions as well as different inserts in the tires.

At least we've got the car to a drivable and somewhat quick point with a oneway. We were never able to get there with the Mi2. We never had to worry about fixing a push with that car and a oneway. But we couldn't keep it on the track either. Now it's just fine tuning and knowing what to do when track conditions change there.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 07:59 PM   #13954
Super Moderator

Kerr, email me a copy of your setup when you get a chance. After this weekend it will be time to get ready for outdoors. Are you running the rubber car or foam spec? I will start out with the foam spec and probably pick up a rubber car after the season starts.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:00 PM   #13955
Super Moderator

[email protected] guess that would help
Old 03-20-2006, 06:17 AM   #13956
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
just get the old steel cvd's and you will never have a problem again,so what if they are not purple
I agree.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:28 AM   #13957
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
I've gone to different bump steer settings, Ackerman, anti dive, all to get the front end to turn in hard. It seems to be doing that but when the grip comes up, it's not enough to get the rear to follow the front end around. I'll be testing anti/pro squat, rear roll center and camber link positions as well as different inserts in the tires.

At least we've got the car to a drivable and somewhat quick point with a oneway. We were never able to get there with the Mi2. We never had to worry about fixing a push with that car and a oneway. But we couldn't keep it on the track either. Now it's just fine tuning and knowing what to do when track conditions change there.
If you are running an EC rubber car take out the front diff riser plate and put 2mm washers between the top deck and the top of the diff housing. Teemu is doing this and he says it gives him more steering.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 06:29 AM   #13958
Tech Champion

I'm running the foam spec car at SoCal. But I was thinking about raising the rear diff too.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:40 AM   #13959
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
If you are running an EC rubber car take out the front diff riser plate and put 2mm washers between the top deck and the top of the diff housing. Teemu is doing this and he says it gives him more steering.

Where's my spool

LOL
Old 03-20-2006, 08:03 AM   #13960
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Weylin's "Pizza Stain" setup has been posted on gearchart.com
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 10:14 AM   #13961
Tech Addict

To whom it may concern at Schumacher USA,

I would like to say that I found the behavior of a particular Schumacher team driver (not to call any names (Starts with Tony and rhymes with Padilla)) to be less than adolescent. In summary, the Ogar taped my tent to my chair to my table to everything else, and I am appalled and am terribly disappointed in his child like behavior and can not imagine a less appealing way to spend my weekend. His lewd behavior was an embarrassment to this sport and kept me distracted and thus not making the A main (this is my excuse and I'm sticking with it :-)). Furthermore, to add insult to injury, his irresponsibleness allowed him blame this horrible gesture on Troy who obviously did everything in his power to circumvent this breach of peace.

In closing, as a dues paying member of this forum I would like to see the perpí, Tarred, feathered, and shot with sh&T!

~JEDI

If only i can get my hands on a picture of this guy
IslandBwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 10:17 AM   #13962
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 181 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandBwoy

I would like to say that I found the behavior of a particular Schumacher team driver (not to call any names (Starts with Tony and rhymes with Padilla)) to be less than adolescent. In summary, the Ogar taped my tent to my chair to my table to everything else, and I am appalled and am terribly disappointed in his child like behavior and could can not imagine a less appealing way to spend my weekend. His lewd behavior was an embarrassment to this sport and kept me distracted and thus not making the A main (this is my excuse and I'm sticking with it :-)). Furthermore, to add insult to injury, his irresponsibleness allowed him blame this horrible gesture on Troy who obviously did everything in his power circumvent this breach of peace.

In closing, as a dues paying member of this forum I would like to see the perpí, Tarred, feathered, and shot with sh&T!

~JEDI

hey dont forget my powercord

see you at superior's
Old 03-20-2006, 10:22 AM   #13963
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Like this picture ?.....

It was done in complete stealth ninja manner....
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost

Last edited by TimPotter; 07-16-2008 at 07:09 PM.
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 10:25 AM   #13964
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandBwoy

I would like to say that I found the behavior of a particular Schumacher team driver (not to call any names (Starts with Tony and rhymes with Padilla)) to be less than adolescent. In summary, the Ogar taped my tent to my chair to my table to everything else, and I am appalled and am terribly disappointed in his child like behavior and can not imagine a less appealing way to spend my weekend. His lewd behavior was an embarrassment to this sport and kept me distracted and thus not making the A main (this is my excuse and I'm sticking with it :-)). Furthermore, to add insult to injury, his irresponsibleness allowed him blame this horrible gesture on Troy who obviously did everything in his power to circumvent this breach of peace.

~JEDI

LMAO!

Adrian's statement on the taping of IslandBwoy's tent...
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 10:26 AM   #13965
Tech Champion

For a minute I thought that was serious!