R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-13-2002, 10:28 PM   #1351
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

hey neas,
mcmaster carr has all kinds of bulk screws for our uses. i happen to live 20 min from the warehouse so i can just to a will call and pick them up. they have stainless and aluminum. metric and std thread socket cap screws in flat, button, and std heads. it's awesome. you'll drop a few bucks on the stainless, but it's way nice.

at least check it out at
www.mcmaster.com

all kinds of stuff. they are an industrial supplier. in fact they have lathe bits for like 3.50 in carbide. they also can provide raw materials like delrin, c/f, and fiberglass for machining your custom car parts. well, hope that helps. oh, and schumacher may have some too. what?
seaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 10:14 PM   #1352
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to tc3driver
Default Mattw

Where can one get those cvd's???
and at what cost if it is available????
tks in advance
tc3driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 10:30 PM   #1353
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to JesseT

It's
www.titaniumracing.com
I've tried hard to get in contact with them but it seems pretty hard. All I've seen is their website that has loads of animation, but no information what so ever.
Oh, someone was asking about the benefits of the stiffer upper deck. The flexy one gives the most grip always, but when the traction comes really high the car doesn't carry the corner speed anymore. The stiffer deck loosens the car up, making it more aggressive, and... faster. It also helps on the traction rolling.
BR/ JesseT
JesseT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 10:46 PM   #1354
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by JesseT
It's
www.titaniumracing.com
I've tried hard to get in contact with them but it seems pretty hard. All I've seen is their website that has loads of animation, but no information what so ever.
Oh, someone was asking about the benefits of the stiffer upper deck. The flexy one gives the most grip always, but when the traction comes really high the car doesn't carry the corner speed anymore. The stiffer deck loosens the car up, making it more aggressive, and... faster. It also helps on the traction rolling.
BR/ JesseT
The site looks cool...but it looks like one of those things they dumped time into at first and now they just ignored it since.

What other options are there for to replace the stock pieces for the mission?
_neas_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 11:43 PM   #1355
Tech Regular

damn the site isnt even that cool, they tried to be all high-tech on it and ended up with a horrible product in the end. I guess I will forgive them if I can get a set of the Titanium CVD's
IKE
FoamDonuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 03:10 AM   #1356
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to MattW

Not sure if they are available in the US, I wouldn't think so. In the UK they work out close to the list price on schumacher steels.

Last edited by MattW; 02-15-2002 at 05:19 AM.
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 06:08 AM   #1357
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by FoamDonuts
damn the site isnt even that cool, they tried to be all high-tech on it and ended up with a horrible product in the end. I guess I will forgive them if I can get a set of the Titanium CVD's
IKE
I would like to introduce them to my friend called the font . Thats right developers, they make fonts that look real nice nowadays. I see to many sites that spend time on interface and forget about the little stuff. Anyways, those bones look sweet.

AE | Reedy | KO | Tekin | Powermaster | Avid | Upgrade | BCE | Paint by Smiley
David Joor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 09:49 AM   #1358
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Question?

Hello Guys,

I am new to the Missionary Pos. Kidding ! .. Anyway I would like to know what set-up is currently working for you on carpet with the oneway on rubber tires.
Thanks,
SWG
simulatedwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 11:14 AM   #1359
Tech Regular

Default Screws

Hey Paul...let me know when you get the new screws in...I have the big head original ones...wanna swap?

Simulatedwood...head to the rcfiles site and get Ron's carpet setup he used at the snowbirds...if you find yourself traction rolling, lay the shocks down one hole on the upper mount. Otherwise it should work for you on carpet with a one way...Later

Mark Gardner
markg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 11:27 AM   #1360
Tech Apprentice

I am needing a carpet setup for foams, anybody have one they would like to share?
Tractionroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 11:43 AM   #1361
Tech Regular

traction check back a few pages and PW put in his MOD SEDAN FOAM tire setup from the birds.
IKE
Old 02-15-2002, 12:03 PM   #1362
Tech Regular

Hey guys now that I have my mission on its way I am in the midst of a dilema. I use LRP speedos in all my offroad stuff(V7.1) and I love the smoothness of it. My question is, is the Zero Extreme a smooth speedo or a punchy one? I used to use the Cyclone and when I made the switch to the 7.1 I was so happy and my lap times went way down. So I am in the search for smoothness, I would prefer to get the smaller Zero Extreme but if it isnt smooth I will just get a 7.1 and try and get everything to fit. Thanx guys
IKE
Old 02-15-2002, 12:15 PM   #1363
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to MattW

You'd get a 7.1 in without too much hastle. I don't know the Zero V, but everything that i have read about it surgest that you can program it to do more or less anything that you want. I've got a Quantum in mine, fits nicely!!
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 12:15 PM   #1364
Tech Initiate

I have a choice of useing a LRP SR or a Cyclone (original) for stock racing. Which is going to be better? I have the SR in there right now, but I haven't run it yet (I am taking my sweet ass time with this one). I got both of them used and the SR is just cleaner, that's the only reason it's in there right now. Also, has anyone had issues fitting their reciever and speed control while still having acces to the belt tensioning nut. The way I have it now, the crystal on my receiver is pointed out, like it might get hit if someone T-bones me. Let me see a pic or a snazzy diagram

Thanks
CS
Smilin Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 01:04 PM   #1365
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Corey Bernardo

Smilin Joe- Most deffenetly put the LRP SR in there! If you are running stock.