Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 12:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
It was fun running with all that power at your finger tips. I was over shooting some of my lines because of the power but I had fun and motor We don't run again until the 4th so look for that to turn some heads when even more So cal guys come up.
Cool...I also suffer from the dreaded "Stock/19T Finger" when I run mod. I generally run only mod at club races and run 19T at big races. Running Mod gives you the throttle control that makes you super fast in 19T and stock.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Cor blimey! throw another shrimp on the barbie!

We had a kangaroo cutting laps at our track last weekend. It was nearly as quick as the Mi2 E.C!

I went over and wrestled him to the ground, using my animal taming skills I learnt outback when I was raised by dingo's from an early age.

Bloody bastard put up a good fight, punched me right in the eye.

well the kangaroo at our track part was for real, (im not hangin shit on ya's).
Old 02-20-2006, 03:11 PM
Tech Addict

hey every1,

on a Mi2EC tarmac spec, can i remove the risers under the bulkheads? I mean this isnt going to affect the drivetrain is it?

Also having some trouble with front belt wear running modified, what should i have the tensioners set at?

Also this car as standard seems to have loads of steering, i removed the rear roll bar and went to blue springs on the front and it still wants to oversteer on power.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by King-G
Cor blimey! throw another shrimp on the barbie!

We had a kangaroo cutting laps at our track last weekend. It was nearly as quick as the Mi2 E.C!

I went over and wrestled him to the ground, using my animal taming skills I learnt outback when I was raised by dingo's from an early age.

Bloody bastard put up a good fight, punched me right in the eye.

well the kangaroo at our track part was for real, (im not hangin shit on ya's).
They're everywhere in Melbourne mate - you guys need to start throwing your rubbish in the bin instead of all over the ground.

Maybe they are getting ready to take over when all the Victorians leave and move to Queensland.

cheers
Old 02-20-2006, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Paul, It was nice talking to you this afternoon, Can't wait to get the car & do some testing.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sleighty
hey every1,

on a Mi2EC tarmac spec, can i remove the risers under the bulkheads? I mean this isnt going to affect the drivetrain is it?

Also having some trouble with front belt wear running modified, what should i have the tensioners set at?

Also this car as standard seems to have loads of steering, i removed the rear roll bar and went to blue springs on the front and it still wants to oversteer on power.
Give Chris Ashton a call at Schu UK tomorrow(01604 790770). He will get you a better UK track setup.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks for the info Jon. Back when the Mission came out I was looking a getting it, but I couldn't afford to stock up on parts, I was on a "if it ain't broke don't fix it" budget. I have heard that one of my buddies just got on with Shuie, don't want to comment too much seeing I don't know the facts, but I wish him luck and congrats.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey quys' I'm looking for a Shop in the North west us. or either in BC or Canada that stocks shuie parts. I need a front diff for my newly acquired MI2 (thanks again Jon) My reg diff from my other mi2 has been converted to a spool. Just trying to get my new ride for capet, for next month race when I go to calgary for there race. any links would be great. I've already contacted a couple of shops in Vancouver.( my LHS in town is a rip off on most stuff especially if have to order something in). So any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey guys my diff feels chunky as so i think ill clean it out and re glue the diff rings any way any advise for setting up for drifting is there any chence of harming the car?? just asking my mate wants me to try it.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Has anybody had any problems with the front tires chattering when the tires are turned??? (...on the Mi2EC) If so is there a fix...
Old 02-21-2006, 04:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sleighty
hey every1,

Removing the risers is fine, but why do you want to do it?? You will create more problems as you alter the top link positions, and shock mounting positions.

Yeah i have had a little belt wear, think it is actually the belt rubbing on some pinion grub screws - just need to be careful of it

What setup are you running, and on what surface?? It does have a fair amount of steering, but generally it can be tuned however you want it.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Anyone needing a carpet/foam setup can try mine....or if you want to give some feed back as well.

Bob
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Horsham 2-11-06.pdf (213.6 KB, 168 views)
Old 02-21-2006, 06:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
The chatter comes from the fact that no R/C cars use true CVD's (Constant Velocity Drive). MIP and TiR CVD are actually just fancy rebuild-able UJ's (Universal Joints). The are no problems when the wheels are straight. However, as the wheels turn the UJ causes the axle to accelerate up to 7 deg ahead of the dog bone for 180 deg then decelerate 7 degrees behind the dog bone for the remaining 180. This 360deg cycle of acceleration and deceleration of the axle causes the chattering. Note that the car will not chatter with the wheels and tires off the car. The inertia of the rotating wheel resisting the axles acceleration and deceleration causes the chattering.

As the the drive system wears with use the chattering gradually gets better them pretty much disappears. The tiny amount of play that develops in a CVD with use allows the system to because less sensitive to and eventually can absorb the inherent oscillation.

This is why all the new guys have a problem with this but not the guys with older cars.

The chatter is only noticeable with spools. Diffs and one ways can absorb the oscillation.

All sedans chatter. The JRXS is the first car with a sort-of real CVD. It uses a very old articulating joint design to function as a CVD. It works and is very clever. Their ads say patent pending but I doubt they will be able to patent it as it has been around since the 1800's.

Others are working on real CVD's but the problem is that the materials available do not allow us to make true CVD's within the space and weight limitations required by our cars with acceptable durability....for now.
Adrian Posted this a while ago about the chatter that happens when running a spool.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MattW
Removing the risers is fine, but why do you want to do it?? You will create more problems as you alter the top link positions, and shock mounting positions.

Yeah i have had a little belt wear, think it is actually the belt rubbing on some pinion grub screws - just need to be careful of it

What setup are you running, and on what surface?? It does have a fair amount of steering, but generally it can be tuned however you want it.
Thanks Matt and Adrian
im gonna contact Chris and ask him about a setup i just wondered about the risers whether it would make a difference to the drivetrain with the diffs height altering thats all.

Didnt think about the pinion grub screw i will have a look and see if i can stop that if its happening
Old 02-21-2006, 08:04 AM
Tech Regular

Default cyrrus

You need to start ordering all your parts right from Schumacher us. It is the fastest way of getting what you want.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.