R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-08-2006, 04:46 PM   #13411
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill Factor
Ok so based on the list above Shumacher had only 1 major win last year. Or am I missing something. And again this was at the hands of Teemu, where is everyone else.

Top drivers drive for top teams wouldnt you agree. These guys get free stuff regardless of who the race for, and right now Tamiya and Xray are attracting most the top drivers.
Top teams shell out big money to get the top driver's so yes the teams you mentioned are going to have the better finishing positions if you're going to look at it that way. Win wise 05 might not have looked too good (in your eyes) but look at all of the big races and see how many racers each team has compared to Schumaher so the odds are stacked in the bigger teams favor regardless of who's driving for them. When you have 10 guys working on a set up you get more accomplished while you may have 3-4 good guys testing for Schumacher. Who's got the better chance of finding that hot set up first?????? So that one win is so sweet knowing that we are the little guys. Stay tuned to the thread since there's gotta be a reason why you're viewing it Interested in an EC???????
Old 02-08-2006, 06:20 PM   #13412
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
Top teams shell out big money to get the top driver's so yes the teams you mentioned are going to have the better finishing positions if you're going to look at it that way. Win wise 05 might not have looked too good (in your eyes) but look at all of the big races and see how many racers each team has compared to Schumaher so the odds are stacked in the bigger teams favor regardless of who's driving for them. When you have 10 guys working on a set up you get more accomplished while you may have 3-4 good guys testing for Schumacher. Who's got the better chance of finding that hot set up first?????? So that one win is so sweet knowing that we are the little guys. Stay tuned to the thread since there's gotta be a reason why you're viewing it Interested in an EC???????

No not interested at all, I just bought a T2. My buddy has an EC though, it is very pretty for sure. I just like to have good debates with intelligent people.

As an X Shumacher guy I try to pop in now and then to see whats crackin.
Ill Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 06:33 PM   #13413
Tech Regular

Ill Factor,

A car needs to be judged and quantified by its quality, performance, drivability, and ease of adjustability...

There are many features on r/c cars that are done for LOOKS and have no functional benefits, and others are done for performance. If you understand about structural issues you will know that the cross sectional properties of a beam define its moment and shear resisting capabilities. By raising the top plate you increase the torsional rigidity of the car. The weight of the top deck and the additional material in the bulk heads is minimal to cause the CG to affect the performance. The weight implications by going to a thicker chassis and top plate will have a greater effect on performance losses. If you increase the thickness by 30% you are adding 30% more weight to the car and weight is a critical factor that affect electrics.

The Mi2EC is a GREAT car. In the hands of any good driver, this car is a winner!!!
I will not take the credit away from X-Ray and Tamiya, but look at their advertising and promotional budgets v. Schumacher.
If Schumacher would have the same percentage of PROFESSIONAL (PAID) drivers as others do, you would see Mi2EC's at podiums on a weekly basis.

Independent teams and drivers are starting to run the Mi2EC's under the support and help of Schumacher USA and Adrian. I am sure that the results will be noticeable in the near future as we see more Mi2ECís at major events.

The Mi2EC is a great car, and any experienced driver can WIN with it. The car has everything it takes to perform.
All of the components in the Mi2 are made to close tolerances, the molded parts are made with some of the best material I have seen in a long time; everything fits...minimal adjustments have to be made to have a competitive car. The rest is to the driver!

Any good driver should be able to do great with the Mi2EC. The chassis, power train, and shocks are excellent. Small adjustments need to be made, but that is normal with any car. Experienced drivers might make some changes to the steering geometry in order to increase the performance and suit driving styles. But out of the box, the car is still a great performer. Not all drivers like to make changes and adjustments. I think that most drivers can take an out of the box kit and do well with it.

As more of us start running at big events you will see more and more Mi2ECs win. After all, the cars were just released several weeks ago and look at the number of top drivers that are switching.
I know that with all the new Schumacher Team drivers in the USA, this car will be noticed at every track...

The best thing all of us (team drivers) can do for Schumacher is to share as much information on set ups and modifications.... In the long run, all Mi2EC drivers will benefit. Then we should be able to attract others to switch.

We can demonstrate that the Mi2EC has everything a driver needs to WIN.

Last edited by BATT_MAN; 02-08-2006 at 06:44 PM.
BATT_MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 06:38 PM   #13414
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=Kevin K]I think Top drivers drive for Top Dollars period......the car is secondary. A company like Tamiya, X-ray, or HB can afford to spend what ever it takes to get top drivers into their cars. A company like Schumacher doesnít have unlimited funds to buy 3 or 4 of the top drivers in the world....they have 1 top gun. Just because they donít have a million dollar team does that make the car that they produce lesser then the rest? I donít think so. If Schumacher was to get another 2 or 3 top drivers then you would see the same car that is out there now in the top ten if not winning in the hands of these drivers. The guys that are always in the top 10 or top 20 at International events will be there regardless of what car they drive....give them any car and they can do it with any car. The MI2EC is a great car....driving it and seeing just what it can get done you get the feeling its going to be a great car and more people will take notice. If you are the type of person that is going to buy a car just because it won some race or some top driver races it that would be a poor decision on your part with out seeing which one works the best in your own hands....it might be a MI2EC or T2 or a RDX etc.... but if you donít try them then you will never know.[/QUOTE

Kevin I think you are giving this industry a little to much credit. I doubt companies dole out millions for drivers. If that were the case why is Paul Wynn working at Shumacher, why does Ralph Burch Work for RCA and so on.

Associated is a pretty well funded company did they lose drivers to XRay because they couldnt afford them or because they have an inferior product.

And if you try to claim you have never bought something based on results or comparison your lying. What batteries do you use, what motor do you run? All these decision are based on results both actuall and perceived. Which is exactly why I stopped running Shumachers.

And I have run several cars in Sedan. Losi, Associated, Shumacher, Tamiya & XRay so I feel I have a pretty good feel for different makes and designs. What about you what is your experience with other manufacturers
Old 02-08-2006, 06:43 PM   #13415
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATT_MAN
Ill Factor,

A car needs to be judged and quantified by its quality, performance, drivability, and ease of adjustability...

There are many features on r/c cars that are done for LOOKS and have no functional benefits, and others are done for performance. If you understand about structural issues you will know that the cross sectional properties of a beam define its moment and shear resisting capabilities. By raising the top plate you increase the torsional rigidity of the car. The weight of the top deck and the additional material in the bulk heads is minimal to cause the CG to affect the performance. The weight implications by going to a thicker chassis and top plate will have a greater effect on performance losses. If you increase the thickness by 30% you are adding 30% more weight to the car and weight is a critical factor that affect electrics.

The Mi2EC is a GREAT car. In the hands of any good driver, this car is a winner!!!
I will not take the credit away from X-Ray and Tamiya, but look at their advertising and promotional budgets v. Schumacher.
If Schumacher would have the same percentage of PROFESSIONAL (PAID) drivers as others do, you would see Mi2EC's at podiums on a weekly basis.

Independent teams and drivers are starting to run the Mi2EC's under the support and help of Schumacher USA and Adrian. I am sure that the results will be noticeable in the near future as we see more Mi2CEís at major events.

The Mi2EC is a great car, and any experienced driver can WIN with it. The car has everything it takes to perform.
All of the components in the Mi2 are made to close tolerances, the molded parts are made with some of the best material I have seen in a long time; everything fits...minimal adjustments have to be maid to have a competitive car. The rest is to the driver!

Any good driver should be able to do great with the Mi2EC. The chassis, power train, and shocks are excellent. Small adjustments need to be made, but that is normal with any car. Experienced drivers might make some changes to the steering geometry in order to increase the performance and suit driving styles. But out of the box, the car is still a great performer. Not all drivers like to make changes and adjustments. I think that most drivers can take an out of the box kit and do well with it.

As more of us start running at big events you will see more and more Mi2ECs win. After all, the cars were just released several weeks ago and look at the number of top drivers that are switching.
I know that with all the new Schumacher Team drivers in the USA, this car will be noticed at every track...

The best thing all of us (team drivers) can do for Schumacher is to share as much information on set ups and modifications.... In the long run, all Mi2EC drivers will benefit. Then we should be able to attract others to switch.

We can demonstrate that the Mi2EC has everything a driver needs to WIN.

Battman I was speaking more about Shumacher in general then the EC. I am aware it is brand spanking new. I have talked many time with Adrain and Paul over the phone and there is no doubt the Customer care is TOP NOTCH. Like I said I will be looking forward to seeing how the EC does. I will be racing against one this Saturday.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:06 PM   #13416
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill Factor
Kevin I think you are giving this industry a little to much credit. I doubt companies dole out millions for drivers. If that were the case why is Paul Wynn working at Shumacher, why does Ralph Burch Work for RCA and so on.

Associated is a pretty well funded company did they lose drivers to XRay because they couldnt afford them or because they have an inferior product.

And if you try to claim you have never bought something based on results or comparison your lying. What batteries do you use, what motor do you run? All these decision are based on results both actuall and perceived. Which is exactly why I stopped running Shumachers.

And I have run several cars in Sedan. Losi, Associated, Shumacher, Tamiya & XRay so I feel I have a pretty good feel for different makes and designs. What about you what is your experience with other manufacturers
Try not to misread or read too much of what Iím trying to say.

The Million dollar part was exaggerated and not meant in the context that each driver makes that much, but if you add up things like yearly budget and driver salaries I would think with some of the teams it might be close to that figure....maybe 500K to 800K a year just for an on road team with 2 or 3 top drivers. If you look at a team the size of X-ray then you are going push that amount even closer to a million for the yearly budget. If you donít think that there are guys out there that are getting 100K a year salaries just to race then you are not giving the industry enough credit. Yes guys like Ralf Burch, Paul Wynn and Todd Hodge etc....all work for the company that they represent so they do collect a paycheck for that part of it. Plus I know that they also collect bonuses based on performance at races.

Iím not sure why Associated lost drivers I have heard to many reason why some times it money sometimes the car just doesnít suit the driver, but more times then not it comes down to money. Teams are willing to pay big bucks for top name guys to race their cars and guys that are good enough and can make the results that a rich company seeks will seek them out to get paid.

I never said that I havenít bought anything based on results. Buying batteries and such is something that everyone who buys them can see which ones are better and itís cheaper to determine which route you would want to go with that particular item. Like with bodies....yeah the Mazda 6 or the Parma Alfa are the number 1 bodies used most times but does that mean that you are not going to like another one better or with your logic all the other companies out there need not make anything else?

I have raced Schumacher cars from the 99' up to the first Mission, I have raced every Losi car SW up to JRXs, a HPI Pro-4, X-ray FK04, Associated TC3, Tamiya TA02 and TA03....these are just cars that I have owned in the last 10 or so years that I have been racing. In that time I have driven about everything that has been on the market that a buddy or a friend has had. When a new car comes out I take a look it but I donít go run out and get it just because it won some race last week....I want to see how well it performs in the hands of normal drivers. This is the reason that I have come back to Schumacher this new car is a really good car....Iím not saying that any of the other current cars are not as good. Like the old saying goes dont judge a book by its cover.....well just because there isnt a 500K a year race team behind a car that doesnt mean that the car isnt a very good car.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.

Last edited by Kevin K; 02-08-2006 at 07:20 PM.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 08:13 PM   #13417
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Tamiya TA02 and TA03
Kev...I knew inside you were a Tamiyaphile at one point :P

You gonna be at any tracks this weekend?
Old 02-08-2006, 08:16 PM   #13418
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus
Kev...I knew inside you were a Tamiyaphile at one point :P

You gonna be at any tracks this weekend?
They are what got me into racing sedans. The local Hobby shop/parking lot track started to race them and they looked like real cars and were a blast to drive. As soon as I got one I was hooked. No I cant make it out this weekend.....tickets to De Paul Vs. Villanova on Saturday so no can do.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 08:33 PM   #13419
Tech Regular

Current Unofficial Standings from the Birds

Expert Mod

1 Paul Lemieux n/a 29 5:10.04 11-10.3
2 Mike Dumas n/a 28 5:01.89 7-10.5
3 Jilles Groskamp n/a 28 5:02.97 9-10.4
4 Teemu Lieno n/a 28 5:07.28 16-10.6
5 Kevin Hebert n/a 28 5:07.61 6-10.6
6 Mike McMahon n/a 28 5:07.95 19-10.6
7 Marc Fischer n/a 28 5:08.94 5-10.7
8 Victor Wilck n/a 28 5:09.68 18-10.5
9 Craig Drescher n/a 28 5:11.79 5-10.7
10 Andrew Gray n/a 27 5:01.03 7-10.7

Expert 19t

1 Barry Baker n/a 27 5:06.16 6-11.0
2 Mike Haynes n/a 27 5:08.15 9-11.1
3 Rick Monahan n/a 26 5:05.11 9-11.3
4 Bart Wubben n/a 25 4:59.07 7-11.6
5 Pennan Teller n/a 25 5:10.25 10-11.4
6 Adrian Martinez n/a 22 4:42.23 8-11.8
7 Andrea Nerone n/a 13 2:58.72 8-12.2

Looks like Teemu is feelin the EC. A glimpse of things to come?

Last edited by Ill Factor; 02-08-2006 at 10:11 PM.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:05 AM   #13420
Tech Apprentice

Is there an official teamdriver besides Teemu in Europe? I sure haven't seen one at any large events or in any results...
Orion Vortex Motors and ESC
Wirre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 04:30 AM   #13421
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

To my knowledge Teemu is the only factory full sponsered driver. there are other drivers that have a car sponsor. But none to my knowledge that get paid just to drive. correct me if i'm wrong.
cyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:11 AM   #13422
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 237 (99%+)

Ill Factor,
Hope you don't take this the wrong way but, I guess you go with the trick of the week. Most of the drivers in here have whats called loyalty to Schumacher. I have gone through some bad times and some good times with them. This car will be GOOD TIMES. Also most of the team drivers from other companys don't even use the stock parts! Most Schumacher drivers use exactly what is available over the shelf! Teemu used the EC then it went into production!
Old 02-09-2006, 08:13 AM   #13423
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ill - That result was incorrect. I had 24 laps in Expert 19. That was with me pulling over to increase my dual rate 3 times during the race.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 08:22 AM   #13424
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
Ill - That result was incorrect. I had 24 laps in Expert 19. That was with me pulling over to increase my dual rate 3 times during the race.
Lay that smack down Adrian!!!!
Old 02-09-2006, 08:26 AM   #13425
Tech Addict

Well i hope Ill factor comes back as he pose very good questions and its obvious that there is a reason that he posted to THIS thread versus any of the others

However, just to throw in my two cents; as a few of you have eluded to; sometimes its more than just the car. Sometimes its the people that drive the 'business'. And to prove my point I would invite anyone to take note of how many people come to the Schumacher table with their Xrays, Tamiya, RDX, HPI(s) etc...questions on race day. I've even had a racer say to me out loud that they would rather ask someone at our table than to go into RDX USA (if you catch were Iím coming from) to ask for help.

The proof is in the pudding.

-M.I. JEDI
IslandBwoy is offline   Reply With Quote