R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-28-2006, 05:48 PM   #13141
Tech Fanatic

Congrats to STLNLST!!!! New car and straight back into the A-main!!!
Old 01-28-2006, 06:29 PM   #13142
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 239 (99%+)

Way to go!!!
Old 01-28-2006, 06:45 PM   #13143
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

told you you would like the car
Old 01-28-2006, 06:54 PM   #13144
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Can't wait to see how fast I can go with a car that good..man I better hope they have soft walls...

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 06:55 PM   #13145
Tech Adept

Default Thanks IslandBoy

Thanks for 411 IslandBoy.

> PS. I'll be heading to PUNE, India in March for my job. How was your stay?

I was there for about 9 months. The people are not a problem. Most everyone speaks english. Depending on what region you are going to and what city you are staying in, the polution and the crushing crowds are a problem. I stayed in a Hotel for the first month and then went into a company apartment. Some things are dirt cheap like electonics but you better take a local with you so you don't get stiffed. Other items like shoes or sneakers are cheaper to purchase in US. Water is a problem in many regions and you better stick to bottled water. Depending on the size of the city, you will find American style food like Pizzia and Burgers but local food is always better. Fruits are sometimes hard to find, so take some Emer'gen-C or some other Vitamin supplement. Bring good shoes and sneakers because you will be walking everywhere. Hopefully you go and come before August and October. In August you will simply melt -- I cannot describe just how hot it was and because power is flaky in some regions, no power no A/C. In October, expect rain in some regions everyday for the entire month. Northwestern India around Bagalor has a more stable climate, southern and Eastern India varies. All in all, you will enjoy the entire experience except for the airplane ride and getting into/out from the airport.

Anyway, thanks for the info and good luck. Hopefully I can stay here long enough to break my next car! LOL!
LeadFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 07:02 PM   #13146
Tech Elite

Talked to JKerr couple of hours ago, says the car feels really good at SoCal for his first runs on the new EC. Turns in hard, and very stable in the back end. I guess the only problem is it may be a little twitchy for him at the time. Also responding to changes that he has been making. I gave him a couple of ideas to try, so I'm anxious to hear from him how its going now. He basically started the day with my ending set-up from last Saturday there.
--- Special thanks to: Dyno, Adam, Todd, and Kevin. Horizon Hobby
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 07:03 PM   #13147
Tech Elite

Oh yea, way to go Clint. Glad you stepped it up.

How are the rest of the EC guys running? Is it RDX's for lunch?
--- Special thanks to: Dyno, Adam, Todd, and Kevin. Horizon Hobby
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 07:52 PM   #13148
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

OH MY GOSH..........

This car is awesome. It looked really good sitting on my work bench for the couple of weeks while our carpet track took time off but it was worth the wait. Missed TQ on a bobble on the last lap. I took out all the RDX hot shots except the one that TQ'ed The car is easier to drive and if you need to push it some it's still controllable Corner speed (non pun intended) up the yin yang. The car rotated well and had nice snap out of the corners. Mo did most of the major testing but I just wanted to get use to the way the car felt. Only changed one thing from what we started with and the car was AWESOME!!!! The Schuie's were out in force today as all of the norcal regulars came out. Racer X will have the new set up sheet on www.gearchart.com tomorrow or Monday as the current one doesn't show all of the shock loactions. It sure was nice to be back in the lime light again. Too bad I screwed up the start of the main so my finishing position didn't show how killer the car was. I did have quite a few straightaway vic's today. The DC motor and battery combo was excellent.

BN RACING qualified 1 & 2 today .......................we all know Schuie guys don't look good in mullets
Old 01-28-2006, 08:04 PM   #13149
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 239 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
OH MY GOSH..........

This car is awesome. It looked really good sitting on my work bench for the couple of weeks while our carpet track took time off but it was worth the wait. Missed TQ on a bobble on the last lap. I took out all the RDX hot shots except the one that TQ'ed The car is easier to drive and if you need to push it some it's still controllable Corner speed (non pun intended) up the yin yang. The car rotated well and had nice snap out of the corners. Mo did most of the major testing but I just wanted to get use to the way the car felt. Only changed one thing from what we started with and the car was AWESOME!!!! The Schuie's were out in force today as all of the norcal regulars came out. Racer X will have the new set up sheet on www.gearchart.com tomorrow or Monday as the current one doesn't show all of the shock loactions. It sure was nice to be back in the lime light again. Too bad I screwed up the start of the main so my finishing position didn't show how killer the car was. I did have quite a few straightaway vic's today. The DC motor and battery combo was excellent.

BN RACING qualified 1 & 2 today .......................we all know Schuie guys don't look good in mullets
EXCLLENT man....Told you youed be happy!! Sorry I didn't get you my setup, having some issues with my puter. Seems as you did just fine!
Congrats to you and Schumacher!!!
Old 01-28-2006, 08:15 PM   #13150
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

I have been running the Foam Spec car on asphalt, and it just keeps on getting better every time I run it.
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 08:37 PM   #13151
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
OH MY GOSH..........

Your car looked great!!! Good thing to, cause we were all sick of having to give you a hug after every race day ...I even stored your number back in my cell phone. ...oh and bigdog ...thanks a lot for ratting me out!!
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 09:00 PM   #13152
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default One-way ????'s

Are there any major changes that need to happen when going from a standard diff to a one-way. Mi2, high-bite asphalt. Thanks, too all in advance.
Cesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 09:14 PM   #13153
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Your car looked great!!! Good thing to, cause we were all sick of having to give you a hug after every race day ...I even stored your number back in my cell phone. ...oh and bigdog ...thanks a lot for ratting me out!!
with all the posting you've done on this thread and what you saw today....I'm sure PW wouldn't mind taking your order for two EC's....
Old 01-28-2006, 09:17 PM   #13154
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesar
Are there any major changes that need to happen when going from a standard diff to a one-way. Mi2, high-bite asphalt. Thanks, too all in advance.
I don't know about a standard diff but with a spool I was able to run th exact same set up with a oneway. There are a few set up's on gearchart.com you can try my set up from the Speedworld cup for a oneway in 19 turn
Old 01-28-2006, 10:41 PM   #13155
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesar
I've just gone from using a normal diff to a one way on high traction carpet (i use the same setup outdoors on asphalt) and allI did was reduce the rear droop by 0.5 mm to get the setup dialled.

HIH
Paul
Team EAM
mutley001 is offline   Reply With Quote