R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-07-2006, 06:40 PM   #12676
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey guys is the 27t ultra flex front belt a good idea for running stock?
M11
SP GT
SP 5.5,17.5
aus jd 2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 11:49 PM   #12677
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Maybe OK for runnign stock, but most of us have gone to running the front belt from the R12. Part U2601.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 02:33 AM   #12678
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey guys,

just wondering why the black "ball grippa's" wern't included in the kit,
as they seem to be in the manual as an optional part:

U2989 - Ball Grippa Sockets - Black (pk8)
AL-HEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 05:12 AM   #12679
Tech Addict

Brrrrr. 36 degrees. Definately not running today.

Anyone know where i can get report on how we (shuie) is doing at the Novak's????

R.
IslandBwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 07:15 AM   #12680
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Congrats to Adrian for winning 1/12th GTP at the snowbirds warmup race this weekend!!
I gotta tell tell ya,he drove his A$$ off this weekend.i would have to say that it is the best i think i have seen him drive.thanks for all the help this weekend adrian.now we need to lay it down at the birds.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 07:50 AM   #12681
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3
Congrats to Adrian for winning 1/12th GTP at the snowbirds warmup race this weekend!!
I gotta tell tell ya,he drove his A$$ off this weekend.i would have to say that it is the best i think i have seen him drive.thanks for all the help this weekend adrian.now we need to lay it down at the birds.

liverc.rccars.com

Wynn is in the Factory 19 B and Mod C
Goetz A Stock Foam and A Factory 19T
Kevin K. C Stock Foam D Factory 19T w/Weilyn
Old 01-08-2006, 02:12 PM   #12682
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to King-G

Extremely positive about the new car after its first outing, Q2 finish 2nd to the current pace setter at our track. The car was on winning pace in the finals, just 2 tenths in the 2nd final and very close in the 3rd until a front wheel nut decided to vacate...a quick pitstop (well 3 laps lost) and i was on it again, catching the leader by 3 tenths per lap and moving back to 3rd place by race end.

Car is a large step in performance over the original Mi2, has more turn at all speeds with great stability.

Not a single board all weekend, very easy to drive car.

Only issue i found was some chatter in the front cvd's at 80% dual rate, perhaps some metal flashing inside the joint causing this, will rebuild them and see if its cured.
On its first run on saturday a rear CVD pin loosened and ejected. I suggest dissasembeling them from new, greasing the cvd joint as it appears to be dry from the factory and reassembling with a dab of loctite on the grubscrew.

Car remained perfect all day, very consistent! no sign of tweak.
also better tire wear than the mi2, which is a sign the new geometry is sorted!

all in all very exciting!
King-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 02:17 PM   #12683
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to MattW

Sounds good, still not had chance to run mine yet been working on it though, and it's finally ready, hopefully for debut at a club race during the week.
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 02:26 PM   #12684
Tech Addict

hey just got finished with the build of my ec and was quite happy exept for missing ball ends for the steering rod. And another thing was did anyone notice that the shock preload screws were very loose on the threads and never had a rubber o ring in them? I was just wondering what the reason was for this. Thanks
John_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 03:22 PM   #12685
Tech Addict

Quote:
Extremely positive about the new car after its first outing, Q2 finish 2nd to the current pace setter at our track. The car was...
I'm glad to hear this. Ive been aticipating the arival of the EC here in Central Florida, but at the same time I've been skeptical about "Starting Over". Mi MI2 is working so well now that I'm having a hard time thinking about leaving it behind. Afterall, if the EC is simply a modified MI2 and I've already moded my MI2 to include a lot of the changes dont I essentially have an EC already?!?!?!

Either way, like i said its good to hear that you have confidence in the new car. Maybe when your finished fine tuning it I'll get an opinion from you regarding the differences btwn the 2.

IF WE PUT BOtH CARS ON THE TRACK SIDE BY SIDE WHO WILL FINISH FIRST; THE CHICKEN OR THE EGG???
IslandBwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 05:55 PM   #12686
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to King-G

unless you have modified your arm mounting positions (wider apart) and also the new tower geometry (also wider apart with refined camberlink geometry) with updated rear hubs and narrow hex's. Bellcranks moved rearward some 2mm, gearboxes further apart etc etc...you wont replicate the feel of the E.C from an Mi2.

The drivetrain is a big change, but its increase in speed is more attributed to the geometry changes, which are a result of 2 years R+D of Team drivers worldwide.

The Mi2 was a good car, but It was a rather drastic departure from the Mission, which there was lots of data / setup knowledge for, and had been honed over a number of iterations.
This car seems to have ironed out the teething bugs of the Mi2, numerous geometry changes all combining for one complete package.

I was faster than my Mi2 out of the box with the suggested setup, after some minor setup changes in qualifying (reduced droop 1mm f+r, moved shocks out 1 hole f+r, and changed bars to black 1.4mm) it was dialled in the finals.

The great news is that in development testing in the U.K the car has worked with a base setup (Teemu euro setup) everywhere with just minor changes. This tells me the geometry is well sorted.
King-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 06:02 PM   #12687
Tech Fanatic

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-G
unless you have modified your arm mounting positions (wider apart) and also the new tower geometry (also wider apart with refined camberlink geometry) with updated rear hubs and narrow hex's. Bellcranks moved rearward some 2mm, gearboxes further apart etc etc...you wont replicate the feel of the E.C from an Mi2.

The drivetrain is a big change, but its increase in speed is more attributed to the geometry changes, which are a result of 2 years R+D of Team drivers worldwide.

The Mi2 was a good car, but It was a rather drastic departure from the Mission, which there was lots of data / setup knowledge for, and had been honed over a number of iterations.
This car seems to have ironed out the teething bugs of the Mi2, numerous geometry changes all combining for one complete package.

I was faster than my Mi2 out of the box with the suggested setup, after some minor setup changes in qualifying (reduced droop 1mm f+r, moved shocks out 1 hole f+r, and changed bars to black 1.4mm) it was dialled in the finals.

The great news is that in development testing in the U.K the car has worked with a base setup (Teemu euro setup) everywhere with just minor changes. This tells me the geometry is well sorted.
You my dear sir are making me feel very good about the car. Thank you

Rod
ERC
RKeasler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 06:03 PM   #12688
Tech Elite

Had my first race with the MI2 EC today. Very good runs. TQ in Mod over Steve Wiess. Was leading for 2/3 of the race until I threw a wind in the motor. It happened at the end of the straight, locked up big time.

Very easy car to drive at speed, I was driving about 75%. No set-up changes all day.
--- Special thanks to: Dyno, Adam, Todd, and Kevin. Horizon Hobby
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 06:23 PM   #12689
Tech Fanatic

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Don did Jon race with you? Are you using all Schuie Shock/spring setups?

Rod
ERC
RKeasler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 06:35 PM   #12690
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKeasler
Don did Jon race with you? Are you using all Schuie Shock/spring setups?

Rod
No, Jon was not able to make it out. Not feeling well.

The only differences from the kit set-up/rubber tire car is:
I ran 30wt. front, 35wt. rear oils.
Outer hole on front tower
3rd hole out on rear tower
4mm front droop
4.5mm rear droop
upper camber link holes front and rear

Thats it.

There are some things that I would like try next time I already have ideas for. Overall very easy to drive and was at winning pace already on its first outing. Its only gonna get better.
--- Special thanks to: Dyno, Adam, Todd, and Kevin. Horizon Hobby
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote