Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Schumacher Corner >

Schumacher Corner

Schumacher Corner

Old 12-28-2005, 12:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey is this a good airtronics servo and can it work with hrs mode??
does hrs mode work with duratraxx esc??
Digital ERG WRX .06 speed 8.1 tourqe i think the tourque is in m but it equivelent to 115 or so? sorry once again but id rather ask u guys who race then some guy who just want to tell some one BS!
thanks
Old 12-28-2005, 06:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Hey John your right about wiring it directly to the battery terminal...it does put out more air that way. Problem is it also kills the fan much faster. 5volt fan getting 7.2 volts as opposed to 5v fan getting 4-6 volts (what ever the BEC is rated at on your Speeder) I had a dual fan setup on my TC4 and it worked well..I just took it off for indoor season because it wasn't nearly as hot out and I wanted to cut the weight. As soon as we go back outside they are going on though. nothing like pulling your motor off 30 deg cooler than everyone else and being geared taller
Old 12-28-2005, 08:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I know it can burn up the fan a little faster but with those fans being only a few bucks at Radio Shack, If I need to replace it, oh well. I'd rather get the extra air flow.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Mi2 EC first outing :)

So, got my Mi2EC yesterday and made it to compete with in a race today. Must say I'm impressed, but there are some setup-problems that need working on.

While using a spool I found myself with lots of grip both front and rear, very consistent and great balance. Only there was not much corner speed. It seemed as if the front was "over-rolling", being too soft or something. I was using AE blue front springs with 30wt and 3 holes in the front and AE Silver rear springs with 35wt oil and 3 holes. Moving the front shocks from the middle upper position to the inner position in the shock-tower improved the car a bit, so did raising the lower roll-center (front&rear) and going to sch white rear springs. Other than that mostly standard settings...

I tried using both one-way and a spool. The spool worsened the problem. My inital thoughts are moving to thicker oil maybe 40wt front and 35wt rear.

I did not suffer from understeer at anytime during the event, the car felt as if I won't ever do such either =). The funny thing about it is that the rear can hold up without sliding, but I guess that's thanks to the flex in the chassis.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Gonna get mine very soon, but a few friends of mine got theirs a few days ago and immidiately cut 2-3 tenths of their fastest lap time. They can keep up with Graversen and Kærup. One of them was 2 secs faster than Kærup and his corolla in a 5 minute praccy run using the stock setup...

Really looking forward to getting mine
Old 12-28-2005, 02:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wirre
So, got my Mi2EC yesterday and made it to compete with in a race today. Must say I'm impressed, but there are some setup-problems that need working on.

While using a spool I found myself with lots of grip both front and rear, very consistent and great balance. Only there was not much corner speed. It seemed as if the front was "over-rolling", being too soft or something. I was using AE blue front springs with 30wt and 3 holes in the front and AE Silver rear springs with 35wt oil and 3 holes. Moving the front shocks from the middle upper position to the inner position in the shock-tower improved the car a bit, so did raising the lower roll-center (front&rear) and going to sch white rear springs. Other than that mostly standard settings...

I tried using both one-way and a spool. The spool worsened the problem. My inital thoughts are moving to thicker oil maybe 40wt front and 35wt rear.

I did not suffer from understeer at anytime during the event, the car felt as if I won't ever do such either =). The funny thing about it is that the rear can hold up without sliding, but I guess that's thanks to the flex in the chassis.
Maybe the softer oil up front is giving you that feeling. Try the same front and rear or go slightly heavier in the front. I'm jealous that you got yours We are still waiting here in the states.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:10 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Well guys...I got my car built, but Adrian stole the camera; so let him have it!!!!!

I will get some pics up later tonight when I get home

Larsen...That is very impressive!!!!!

Wirre...I will post some thoughts later tonight for your setup
Old 12-28-2005, 03:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by PW
Well guys...I got my car built, but Adrian stole the camera; so let him have it!!!!!

I will get some pics up later tonight when I get home

Larsen...That is very impressive!!!!!

Wirre...I will post some thoughts later tonight for your setup
what about the rest of us
Old 12-28-2005, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Wirre, what kind of track are you running on?? I never did like running thinner damping front compared to rear, i would usually be the other way. If you're running on Tarmac i would seriously look at going to same spring rate all round. Generally with the rear geometry of the EC we ran the same all round. Depending on the layout, but usually Schuie whites or AE silvers. There was a coupld of tracks when i switched to Schuie blues all round.

I too would like to see a kit first hand
Old 12-28-2005, 03:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by PW
Paul.....Whats the largest 64 pitch spur that will work with the new car?
Old 12-28-2005, 04:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well the guys in the UK obviously are only 1 day shipping from Schumacher UK and they received their "EC" kits already. The only drivers in the USA that received "Carpet" kits so far are the drivers attending the Novak Race and those kits were some what incomplete

"EC" kits should arrive in the USA this week followed by "Carpet" kits next week

I think the largest 64p spur will be either 118 or 116.
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Corner-mi2ec_carpet-014.jpg   Schumacher Corner-mi2ec_carpet-015.jpg   Schumacher Corner-mi2ec_carpet-012.jpg  
Old 12-28-2005, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

will the MI2 EC foam spec still be around in aprill, i was thinking i might get it with my bday money
Old 12-28-2005, 05:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Dam I have off all week......wish I was building a EC!!!!
Old 12-28-2005, 05:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
will the MI2 EC foam spec still be around in aprill, i was thinking i might get it with my bday money
Yes
Old 12-28-2005, 05:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wirre

What tires and sauce are you using? How old are the tires?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.