Glitching or just handling strange.?
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 02:09 PM   #12107
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
Glitching or just handling strange.?

Last edited by STLNLST; 12-06-2005 at 10:55 PM.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 02:13 PM   #12108
Tech Champion

Foams on carpet? Don't think I can help. You know more about running that than I do. Is it just a lack of overall grip or just a bad push?
Old 12-06-2005, 03:25 PM   #12109
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
NOT HANDLING AT ALL. The car won't turn.
Observations from the 2nd qual...

The one thing that stood out to me is that the car did not rotate at all in the corner. You really had to dump the throttle to get the thing to turn in the middle of the corner. I did not notice how hard you where letting off to get into the corner so I'm no help there. Once the car "squared" up on exit you were able to get on the throttle. It just seemed that the car did not "set" into the corner or let you drive it hard out of the corner....

FWIW...just trying to help out my bro...

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 03:29 PM   #12110
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil
Observations from the 2nd qual...

The one thing that stood out to me is that the car did not rotate at all in the corner. You really had to dump the throttle to get the thing to turn in the middle of the corner. I did not notice how hard you where letting off to get into the corner so I'm no help there. Once the car "squared" up on exit you were able to get on the throttle. It just seemed that the car did not "set" into the corner or let you drive it hard out of the corner....

FWIW...just trying to help out my bro...
Yep, that's a good assesment of what I've seen in your car as well.
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 03:32 PM   #12111
Tech Master

Thus my NEW car!

Old 12-06-2005, 03:33 PM   #12112
Tech Champion

I don't know if it works on foams but have you tried a little antisquat?
Old 12-06-2005, 03:52 PM   #12113
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Thus my NEW car!
LOL ...no I meant in STLNLST's car!!! Geeze Art, a little paraniod?? I miss the old STLNLST that would give me a run for my money ...you guys gotta help him out
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 04:31 PM   #12114
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
LOL ...no I meant in STLNLST's car!!! Geeze Art, a little paraniod?? I miss the old STLNLST that would give me a run for my money ...you guys gotta help him out
Not paranoid, just a realist. The reason I am so able to describe what his car is doing is because it is exactly what my old car did. Well, that and pulling left "on throttle" and going right "off throttle". LOL I am hoping that his problems go away this weekend. I know that he is in good hands and they will work things out!

Then we can get back to making fun of how he looks!

Old 12-06-2005, 11:01 PM   #12115
Tech Champion

Quote:
Not paranoid, just a realist. The reason I am so able to describe what his car is doing is because it is exactly what my old car did. Well, that and pulling left "on throttle" and going right "off throttle". LOL I am hoping that his problems go away this weekend. I know that he is in good hands and they will work things out!

Then we can get back to making fun of how he looks!
I'm not worried about the car..........I'm now more worried that you think I'm cute....LOL

I tuned all of my motors tonight and I forgot how low to take a reedy 19 turn. Is it 320??????
Old 12-06-2005, 11:28 PM   #12116
Tech Adept

So I took the plunge and got a MI2 (My first belt car), I also got Tamiya shocks and lowered shock tower, Can anyone here provide me with some tips that could be valuable as well as a setup for stock on a medium bite asphart track running foams.

Also does anyone using foams have problems setting droop when the wheels start getting small, from what I can see, it looks like the Suspension arm might end up pushing against the chassis, previnting me from setting droop, if so, is there a workaround?

Last, which parts break easiest and which upgrade parts do you recommend? I would like to keep some spares just in case

Thanks
SA_Racer
SA_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 11:30 PM   #12117
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
I'm not worried about the car..........I'm now more worried that you think I'm cute....LOL

I tuned all of my motors tonight and I forgot how low to take a reedy 19 turn. Is it 320??????
It starts getting risky at 315. That being said, I have gone as low at 306 for club racing. Please note!!!! Your diamond bit is at risk below 315!!!!!

For the record....I did not say I thought you were cute! My wife said you could be cute if you wore your dress to the track! Don't forget your high heels and for gosh sakes....shave your legs this time!!!!! LMAO!!!!

Old 12-07-2005, 05:21 AM   #12118
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default Modified gearing??

Guys,
What would be a ballpark overall gear ratio I should run with my 10/1 and 9/2 v2 motors the track I run on has a tight twisty section but has a long straight if this helps.

Taffyjnr5
Taffyjnr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 07:37 AM   #12119
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA_Racer
So I took the plunge and got a MI2 (My first belt car), I also got Tamiya shocks and lowered shock tower, Can anyone here provide me with some tips that could be valuable as well as a setup for stock on a medium bite asphalt track running foams.

Also does anyone using foams have problems setting droop when the wheels start getting small, from what I can see, it looks like the Suspension arm might end up pushing against the chassis, previnting me from setting droop, if so, is there a workaround?

Last, which parts break easiest and which upgrade parts do you recommend? I would like to keep some spares just in case

Thanks
SA_Racer
Foams on asphalt isn't a really common combo so I'm not sure if we're going to have a setup for that. I think there's a couple guys on here who do run that so they may be able to help you out with the setup. As far as the droop goes, if the arm is hitting the riser plate, not the chassis, you could use a dremel and remove some material from the plate to allow the arms full droop. I wouldn't take material away from either the arm or the chassis itself though. It could create a weak point. For spare parts, get the usual, front and rear arms, a couple sets of 4 caster blocks just in case, some hinge pins just in case you bend one. One thing I love about the durability of this car is that 9 times out of 10, if you break an arm, it doesn't completely fail. It will crack, but hold on to finish the race. It may handle a little funny after that but you won't be out of the race. Check the arms and such after any run you've had a collision for cracks.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:46 AM   #12120
Super Moderator

Foams on ashphalt...Ahhh the memories. Start out with Purples and Plaids, True them to 58mm to start. As they get smaller you may have to make your shocks longer in order to get droop correctly. Then Run AE blue springs or AE Silver Springs all the way around. 30 wt oil, start with the stock camber and castor settings and that will be close. You will have to make an adjustment here and there but that will get you in the ball park.