R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-30-2002, 10:46 PM   #1171
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Ottoman....yeah they sell a stiffer set then what comes with the car. Yeah Scotty told me he would have some Yokomos as well but no one had them, oh well.....I should have picked some up when I had the chance. But I had a good time even though I felt like I had a hex or a curse on me all weekend..........as I do every year at this race, only this one.

Acloco....I feel that the Echo insert fills the tire up more then the Sorex inserts.....now which Echo inserts are you talking about bc they make about 4 different kinds. I never really liked the Sorex tires or inserts they feel way to inconsistant at my local tracks. The Yokomo tires work good all the time and the Take Off tires work well too. I have yet to try a Fresh pair of the new Pits but ran a used set and they did not feel as good as the Yokomos with the same number of runs on them.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 12:49 AM   #1172
Tech Rookie

This car is STUD!!! Ran it for the first time this weekend and it was awesome!!! Very informative sight. I would like to ask anyone for some help with a set-up for my local track. We run on high traction smooth asphalt out here in CALI.

I,m currently running Mod, red springs front and back. 60wt shock oil front and back. 17 tooth pulley,CS 22 Med inserts, the temp out here right now is about 55-60f. My ride height 6mm rear and 5.5mm front, 1 deg camber front and 2 deg camber rear and 1 deg toe in front and 2 deg toe in rear. I,m not running my hubs in the in-line position. Also I am using the top hole for the upper suspension arm mounts front and back. Any help would be MUY BUENO!!! POR FAVOR!!!

Last edited by Doggs_03; 01-31-2002 at 12:51 AM.
Doggs_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 01:07 AM   #1173
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to JesseT

MattW, Spooky:
The BocaBearing company had excellent service, and shipped gladly to Europe eith USPS. The envelope took 7days to travel. I actually bought three different types of bearings to test, four of each. I tried GreenSeals, RubberSeals, and UltraSeals. The two first ones have rubber seals with the green ones having non-contact seals (no drag). Nevertheless the black rubber sealed ones had no noticable drag either, but no airgap between the seal and the inner ring. The UltraSeals were of slightly higher quality being stainless and abec#7. These had standard metal seals , but inside them they had extra teflon seals. The good thing is that all the seals are interchangeable. I used the rubber sealed bearing cleaned and reoiled then and then and reassembled them each having one black seal and one green seal. Then I put then in the hubs with the black ones (tighter ones) faceing outside. The black ones seam ok to withstand the carpet fibers that usually kill the bearings. Ask me in a month how have they hold up.
Anyone have any MUST mods for the Mission?
BR/ JesseT

Last edited by JesseT; 01-31-2002 at 03:55 AM.
JesseT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 01:12 AM   #1174
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default Mission

Doggs: change to the 20t pulley, you'll have more straightaway speed and believe me you won't loose any rip off the corners.

JesseT : get the threaded shock bodies.

ottoman: they're the competition swaybars, as far as I know only factory drivers have them right now.
Sigearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 09:38 AM   #1175
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to MattW

I always intended to order some from BOCA but never got round to it. I have yet to find any that i think are good enough, what ever i use they are only really good for a few meetings. Then they either have carpet in them or just very rough.

I also have some Titanium CVD's on the way. They are designed for schumacher so still use the blade and Schumacher hex. Should be much lighter than the steels and not flex/break like the plastic ones can (especially with one-way).
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 10:41 AM   #1176
Tech Apprentice

Default before I order

I am going to order mine today I think. I talked to Les at midracing.com in Fl and he is going to save a set of the green boca bearings for the Mission for me. I am going to build that into the kit. Is there anything else I should get right away? I have a set of new AE ft threaded shocks...should I use them or use the stock ones (or upgrade the stock ones to the threaded bodies? I hate spacers). I don't want the dynamics of the car to be off too far from what most people are running so I can get help here if need be. Would using the AE shocks change the handling that much?

Finally, does the kit use phillips head screws? or hex screws? If it does use phillips is there a kit that I can get to replace them with hex screws?

Sorry for all the questions...but I am looking forward to getting the kit and joining you guys.

Thanks
-s
_neas_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 11:16 AM   #1177
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Unless Schumacher has changed something, the Mission should come with posi screws. They look like phillips but aren't. Most people replace them with Schumachers hex screw kit as soon as one becomes availible. I'm not sure if theres one out for the Mission yet. If there is one, get it and build the kit with those, the stock Schumacher posi screws are garbage.

I'm not sure about the AE shock thing. I would say, if you really don't like spacers, just use the stock shocks until you can get the threaded ones.

The questions are no problem.
Old 01-31-2002, 01:38 PM   #1178
Tech Elite

I would recommend the Take-Off screws. They fit the chassis well and don't stick below or hang down. The down side, it is a must to thread the holes with a tap(3mm). Once tapped the screws go in very easy and tighten down snug.
If you use the kit screws you have to use a Pozi screwdriver.
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 02:14 PM   #1179
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkseid
Unless Schumacher has changed something, the Mission should come with posi screws. They look like phillips but aren't. Most people replace them with Schumachers hex screw kit as soon as one becomes availible. I'm not sure if theres one out for the Mission yet. If there is one, get it and build the kit with those, the stock Schumacher posi screws are garbage.
I have to say I felt the same way about Shumacher's pozi screws until I got my Mission. I ordered the Pozi driver with the car and it completely changed my opinion of the screws. Prior to the Mission, I'd been using a Phillips driver on the pozi screws and I hated them with a passion. With the Pozi driver, they were a delight to work with.

Trips
Old 01-31-2002, 02:46 PM   #1180
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Trips: thats cool!

I guess theres something to be said about having the right tool for the job.
Old 01-31-2002, 03:14 PM   #1181
Tech Apprentice

anyone wann buy a schumacher '99 pro? it has the same suspension geometryand the same motoer and battery layout as the mission, just three years older and the "old school" belt setup. $100 rolling chassis
petenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 07:42 PM   #1182
Tech Apprentice

I have to wait till monday to order because they are out of stock at my fave shop. Oh well...

I can't find any place that has the parts listed for sale...just the kit. Anyone?
Old 01-31-2002, 07:45 PM   #1183
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Neas: Just get the threaded shocks. I hate spacers too. You may also want the one way (if everyone else at your track runs one, get one). Other than that, maybe the caster spacers and that should do it.

Sigearhead: Competition sway bars are availible to everyone. They actually came out for the A2 last year. The front sway bar is slightly bigger than the stock one making is stiffer. There are almost no parts (that I know of) that the team drivers have and the public can't buy.

Doggs: It sounds like you are in the ballpark. What are you looking for in the setup? On asphalt, I would run the in line hubs and the lower bulkhead hole as long as you have fairly good traction. Try that first...
SpeedWorld Raceway Roseville CA.
Racer X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 08:14 PM   #1184
Tech Apprentice

Racer X, whats your shop in Sacremento? I was just at a place, RC Country and bought World Class batteries....

What part numbers are the spacers and shock bodies...?

Again, isnt strange that you cant find details online? even at Schumachers site.

-Sean
Old 01-31-2002, 10:55 PM   #1185
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The Competition sway bars are part #U2245 and originally came out ar a speed secret hop up for the Axis Pro 2 years ago. We only use them on very high bite tracks.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote