R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-17-2005, 11:16 AM   #11416
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
PW last set up that he posted on here with the white springs is by far the best set up to date with the BMI chassis and towers. You can put Masami a lap down with it

JON- u coming up for the carpet regionals this weekend? PW will be in cali this weekend I think but I don't expect him to pass thru
No, not going to make it up for that. Wish I could though.

As far as a new setup sheet, I have a setup sheet on Excel I've been using for a while. No visuals on it but it's very detailed. If anyone wants the blank sheet, send me an Email and I'll send it to you as an attachment.

And like Clint said, PW's current setup with white springs for outdoor is the best starting point we have right now. It's pretty dialed and it's for the BMI chassis.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 11:33 AM   #11417
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

I'm in the process of building a new Mi2 and have a question on building the front diff "locked". Acording to the manual it just states to remove the diff balls and re-assemble but I just want to make sure there isn't more too it. sorry for the dumb questions. Will I have to upgrade the axles to run it locked? TRying to avoid a broken car on its first run ...
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 12:03 PM   #11418
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nf_ekt
I'm in the process of building a new Mi2 and have a question on building the front diff "locked". Acording to the manual it just states to remove the diff balls and re-assemble but I just want to make sure there isn't more too it. sorry for the dumb questions. Will I have to upgrade the axles to run it locked? TRying to avoid a broken car on its first run ...
you want to glue a piece of header card on the diff rings facing the pulley then tighten it all the way then back it up about a 1/4 turn
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 12:05 PM   #11419
Tech Champion

To build the spool properly, take out all the diff balls then take a thin piece of card board, like the header cards that parts come in and glue it to the diff ring. Then cut out the shape of the ring from the card and put the card side of the ring toward the pulley.

If you're going to run the spool, I'd suggest you upgrade at least the front CVD's. The steel one's will work well and aren't as expensive as the alloy worlds ones from Ti Racing.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:04 PM   #11420
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKeasler
GTX is Novak speedo.

I forgot about that lil pumpkin looking thing....LOL
Old 10-17-2005, 01:08 PM   #11421
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
No, not going to make it up for that. Wish I could though.

As far as a new setup sheet, I have a setup sheet on Excel I've been using for a while. No visuals on it but it's very detailed. If anyone wants the blank sheet, send me an Email and I'll send it to you as an attachment.

And like Clint said, PW's current setup with white springs for outdoor is the best starting point we have right now. It's pretty dialed and it's for the BMI chassis.

I got a new foam set up to try for this weekend so we'll see how things go. I will have some fun this weekend though. This may be the last run with Tessa as I may strip and sell after the regionals. I have two MI2's and a R12 to unload. Gotta make room for Tessa2...
Old 10-17-2005, 01:11 PM   #11422
Tech Champion

Tessa?
Old 10-17-2005, 01:19 PM   #11423
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
Tessa?
I name my cars....LOL I don't want to name the new car Tina cause I'll never hear the end of that one. Inside joke that's going on out here in Sac. I hope Harshguy doesn't come on this thread any time soon. I plan on being the Region 12 carpet mod champ after this weekend
Old 10-17-2005, 04:20 PM   #11424
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-dub
Just dont loan Sushi Boy any of yer stuff, he went home with both my motor AND pinion gear . I blew up the 7x2 saturday, timed at 22 degrees trying to dump. I couldnt dump if I tried (which I did). I'll just get the cobalt when I see you next but I should have my DC stuff soon. No more 10 turns ! It blew up before I could get an 8.9 though... I got 1 friday and that was it. My car was pretty good though, I was all 9.0's - 9.3's. You be at the track this week?
Hahaha, yeah I noticed that when I got home. I rebuilt it for you and it's just sitting in a motor tube for right now, still has plenty of comm left. I'll be there friday night, have to work saturday. I'm going to be trying a fe wmore things on my car to see what works and I think it'll be dialed. We'll be ripping 8.9's in no time.....

-Korey
Old 10-17-2005, 04:26 PM   #11425
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Well, Jim, obviously it didnt work too well considering my result ! But I think with a little more R&D it will be way faster . Since my parents didnt go I just traveled with my fish, but unfortunately my mom bought a whole bunch of the plain and not chedder fish so I didnt eat very much. I only ate like 2 bags, or maybe 3. If it were chedder with that long of a race it would have been like 5 .

Korey I'm going to make you cut down a pair of those brushes for kidnapping my motor .

Riding Bikes | Skiing | Helis | Rotor Rage | Cyclone Blades | RC Trim | Dead Kat Raceway
mini-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 04:36 PM   #11426
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I can do that, Want X slots or cut down so it;s the height of a laydown brush and the width of a stand up brush? I bet it would be super dialed
Old 10-17-2005, 08:00 PM   #11427
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

My very difficult paint job at the nats.....
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost

Last edited by TimPotter; 07-16-2008 at 07:09 PM.
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 08:41 PM   #11428
Tech Champion

Wow, that took some skill
Old 10-17-2005, 10:42 PM   #11429
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimPotter
My very difficult paint job at the nats.....
I don't think that the sticker on the wing is centered....

You should se what I'm currently running. It's a long way from my normal paint jobs.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:06 AM   #11430
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

[
Quote:
QUOTE=RKeasler]What rubber tires will you run?
I will use take off 27s

I had a run today with PWs setup, initial turn in was a little better but power on out of the turn it was pushing bad, I might try losing some grip from the rear and see if that helps balance it out a bit for a more neutral setup.

Taffyjnr5
Taffyjnr5 is online now   Reply With Quote